Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
The summary paragraph under your college education section doesn't really serve a purpose, and should probably be cut entirely. Same with "Graduated in the top 10% of my senior class." That stuff just doesn't really matter in terms of jobs. Your list of retail jobs isn't really helping you either; pick the most recent one or two, give them 2-4 bullet points for each job, call it good. Another thing with the bullet points, try not to make them "These were my job responsibilities." Make them "These were measurable things I did that show drive and initiative to improve my workplace for my employer."

For example, "Was recognized company-wide many times as the “Top Tech of the Month” and received awards for outstanding customer service and company compliance." is actually a good statement if you re-word it to be actively voiced; "Earned "Top Tech of the Month" honors X times and received X awards for outstanding service and compliance." But "Helped my team of fellow employees provide exceptional customer service and reach constant success on sales goals and percentages." for example doesn't mean anything. There's plenty of room to cut the fat and get this down to one page. You've got a fine starting point, just have to keep refining it until it's reasonable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread