Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Just popped into a German basketball forum, and unsurprisingly some people are blaming this loss on Schröder. Yes, blame the guy carrying the whole loving team today. Ugh. I hate people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
You aren't a true mediocrity until the fans want the scalp of the few actual good players

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Jack's Flow posted:

Just popped into a German basketball forum, and unsurprisingly some people are blaming this loss on Schröder. Yes, blame the guy carrying the whole loving team today. Ugh. I hate people.

his weird hair highlight brings shame and dishonor upon his entire country

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
Lithuania vs Estonia, all I can say is this game is really :myballs:

I can already see thousands of lovely comments on any and all sports related websites coming.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
We will win.

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
GET
REKT

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Well that was poo poo.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

2.4 seconds. Come on, lads!

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

gently caress me.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Deport Siim-Sander Vene.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

We almost won but then we lost.

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
This was REALLY drat close tho.

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

"The superfluous, a very necessary thing"
If Gelabale and Kahudi could shoot 3s, our bench's offense would be a lot prettier.

What kind of shot/floater/pass off the backboard was that by Russia??

pylb fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Sep 9, 2015

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

chunkles posted:

his weird hair highlight brings shame and dishonor upon his entire country

Things are moving quickly! Someone suggested that, if team chemistry is an issue, the coach should just get rid of Schröder. "With him as our leader, we'll never win anything". People who always hated him are jumping at their chance to get in some borderline racist comments too. Too bad he doesn't have the mental capacity to be a good point guard. "Dennis is just pretty dumb, and fittingly he decided to focus on basketball instead of school. He reminds me of Brandon Jennings, but with less talent."

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Sep 9, 2015

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
So, does someone remember the rules? What happens if they somehow manage to beat Spain today?

Is it just point differential? Because in that case either Iceland needs to beat Turkey too or Germany needs to beat Spain by like 70 points.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Illinois Smith posted:

So, does someone remember the rules? What happens if they somehow manage to beat Spain today?

Is it just point differential? Because in that case either Iceland needs to beat Turkey too or Germany needs to beat Spain by like 70 points.

Some German newspaper said that if they just need to beat Spain to advance. But I have no idea how that is supposed to work.

Also, they will lose by 40, and the coach will be fired.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Sep 10, 2015

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Jack's Flow posted:

Some German newspaper said that if they just need to beat Spain to advance. But I have no idea how that is supposed to work.
Well, in that case it would just be "if two teams are tied the one who won their game advances". Because the loser gets a point too, so if they beat Spain they'd both be at 7.

Also I'd be more surprised if there was no evidence of lovely German sports fans getting racist about a black guy running their national team's offense.

edit: Oh, I found it now on Wikipedia

quote:

Rules for classification:
1) Points
2) Head-to-head results
3) Points difference
4) Points scored.

So yeah, if they manage to beat Spain they advance.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Sep 10, 2015

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Serbia is unstoppable

10 games in 3 days might not be the best recipe for good basketball

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Sep 10, 2015

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I seen possessions where one team is whipping the ball around, in-out-and-around and it's not deforming the defense at all because they're just standing there in zone not bothering to close anyone out

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Elimination station starts tomorrow, no games today.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Illinois Smith posted:

Elimination station starts tomorrow, no games today.

Serbia/Croatia should be a fun game. And Serbia v Spain or France for the title should be really fun, barring upsets and all that.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Don't sleep on Greece. They are playing well, and if they can go past France I like their chances vs Serbia.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Serbia definitely has the easier half of the bracket, the only threat I can see is Italy if they have a hot shooting night. I could see any one of France, Spain or Greece coming out of the other half.

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

It's funny how we get to see coaches actually coaching during timeouts in Eurobasket. Collet was telling De Colo where he was supposed to be and then cut when Batum had the ball in a specific spot.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
well these games don't really cut to commercial which is the central sensation of american sport

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

drat, France isn't even trying hard and they're winning by 20.

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

Yay a Jaiteh sighting.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

EvanTH posted:

well these games don't really cut to commercial which is the central sensation of american sport

They don't edit the coach stuff like they do in nba sportif

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
they don't even bother to fix the mix for the stream, the production is minimal

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Dejan Bimble posted:

They don't edit the coach stuff like they do in nba sportif

ya I'm sayin', there's no pick and choose it's just whatever is happening they show. in the america you go to commercial rather than show coach-talk that doesn't do nothing emotionally for the the uninformed viewer

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

EvanTH posted:

ya I'm sayin', there's no pick and choose it's just whatever is happening they show. in the america you go to commercial rather than show coach-talk that doesn't do nothing emotionally for the the uninformed viewer

Oh right sorry

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ready to witness Mighty Mother Serbia crush the hapless Finns

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Finland somehow being semi-decent at basketball annoys me.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

hot start by the northlanders but they won't be able to sustain that shooting. Soon they shall feel mighty Serbia's wrath.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Still bummed Raduljica couldn't make it in an NBA rotation, he's a beast in FIBA.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
This Finland/Serbia game is great. Serbia is going to eventually put Finland away, but they are making a fight of it.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
And Serbia is done playing around

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Lockback posted:

This Finland/Serbia game is great. Serbia is going to eventually put Finland away, but they are making a fight of it.
Yup, this is over.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
They hit 9 3p in a row ?

EvanTH fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Sep 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Not Useless Bargnani is so weird to watch

• Locked thread