Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
I wonder how many years decades will it take until Croatian press and fans finally accept that we are just a mediocre team that should be happy with advancing to 1/8 finals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Illinois Smith posted:

Not Useless Bargnani is so weird to watch

Ersan Ilyasova/Bargnani as rim protectors and strong rebounders

What a phantasy we view in our euro baskets

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Great finish to the Lithuania / Georgia game.

Quarterfinals
Tuesday
Spain vs Greece
France vs Latvia

Wednesday
Serbia vs Czech Republic
Italy vs Lithuania

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Doctor Malaver posted:

I wonder how many years decades will it take until Croatian press and fans finally accept that we are just a mediocre team that should be happy with advancing to 1/8 finals.

When Saric and Hezonja up, they should be strong. Maybe Spain will keep taking Croat players and Serbia will reign. Hard to say

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Anyone watched Italy and have any thoughts on Gentile? Apparently he roasted Israel.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

Dejan Bimble posted:

When Saric and Hezonja up, they should be strong. Maybe Spain will keep taking Croat players and Serbia will reign. Hard to say

If you mean Mirotić, he's Montenegrin, not Croat.

Šarić was good but Hezonja didn't show anything in this tournament. The rest of the team is around 30 years old so this is their peak.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Doctor Malaver posted:

If you mean Mirotić, he's Montenegrin, not Croat.

Šarić was good but Hezonja didn't show anything in this tournament. The rest of the team is around 30 years old so this is their peak.

Oh my mistake. I was thinking of him as "ustase farmer criminal who defected to spain" Not "cigarette smuggler who defected to spain"

Hezonja still needs to learn almost everything. Especially how to get to the rim and finish with a high %, if his shot isn't falling. Saric seems like he could be the best of all the 6'10 small forwards in europe.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Gentile's highlights from Italy-Israel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cacnBVPGSl0

He's actually pretty nuts here, dropping in a lot of fadeaways and reverse layups. I'll have to watch Italy Lithuania and see how he plays all the time.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Gallo, Gentile and Belinelli are all in the top 6 in scoring during the tournament. Belinelli is rocking 41% from deep and Gallo's shooting almost 70% inside the arc.

Serbia's still gonna eat them alive in the paint, especially with a Gallo / Bargnani frontline. They're right behind Spain as the two best teams from downtown left in the tournament though, if they hit a night where their role players get hot they'll have a chance.

That's all premature though, completely possible that Lithuania slaps them down on Wednesday.

It feels really weird to actually like an Italian national team after a lifetime of being subjected to their rear end in a top hat football squad.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Sep 14, 2015

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Illinois Smith posted:

Gallo, Gentile and Belinelli are all in the top 6 in scoring during the tournament. Belinelli is rocking 41% from deep and Gallo's shooting almost 70% inside the arc.

Serbia's still gonna eat them alive in the paint, especially with a Gallo / Bargnani frontline. They're right behind Spain as the two best teams from downtown left in the tournament though, if they hit a night where their role players get hot they'll have a chance.

That's all premature though, completely possible that Lithuania slaps them down on Wednesday.

It feels really weird to actually like an Italian national team after a lifetime of being subjected to their rear end in a top hat football squad.

Spain is coasting on reputation (though they can turn it on I guess), their best squad is not playing and they've played surprisingly poorly. France is the best team in the tournament.

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

"The superfluous, a very necessary thing"

Geriatric Pirate posted:

Spain is coasting on reputation (though they can turn it on I guess), their best squad is not playing and they've played surprisingly poorly. France is the best team in the tournament.

France is pretty sorely lacking outside shooting imo and the wing depth is pretty bad. Also it feels like we have a tendency to play just adequately for the first half, and just turn it on later in the game, but against good opponents that's not a good strategy. II like our chances to win it all, but I wouldn't be surprised by a defeat either.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Illinois Smith posted:

Wow, for some reason I totally blanked out on them having Gallo/Bargnani. Are they starting them at PF/C?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Geriatric Pirate posted:

I was just talking about 3-point shooting.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

chunkles posted:

Wow, for some reason I totally blanked out on them having Gallo/Bargnani. Are they starting them at PF/C?
I didn't catch the start of the game yesterday and didn't watch anything of theirs in the group games but yeah, pretty sure. They have lots of shooters but are pretty thin at the 4/5, their only real backup center only plays 10 minutes per game.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

France playing real poopy this first half.

Fournier just airballed consecutive threes.

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

Illinois Smith posted:

France playing real poopy this first half.

Fournier just airballed consecutive threes.

It's turned into the Tony Parker show though.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Tony Parker has had enough of this poo poo and the French announcers are going bugfuck

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

Gobert is going to miss the FIBA goaltending rules.

Also I dislike Pietrus.

And here's Gobert dunking on a Latvian dude:
https://vine.co/v/eUWFupwYbdA

pylb fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Sep 15, 2015

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Italy vs Lithuania is on yall :toot:

e: Haha they really do start Bargnani :italy:

e2: And he got a rebound!

chunkles fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Sep 16, 2015

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Bargnani just threw it down on that tiny Lithuanian guy

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

yup

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

He should just sign with Real Madrid or whatever, earn millions there, and live the life of a basketball god clowning dudes. Instead he's a punchline in the NBA.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Valunciunas predictably looking great against the Italian bigs

probably my favorite game of the tournament so far

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Woah nice run by Italy capped off by a Bargnani 3

Yeah this is a fun game.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

BARGS ON FIRE

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Gentile thought he was Bargs for a second there, going up for the dunk like that

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
Every game we play this year is a drat close game.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Bargs with 17 points. Bargs has scored over 25% of Italy's points.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Haha Bellinelli scores in the low post. Italy is a fun, goofy team to watch.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

HIS LEGEND GROWS

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

the pasta mamba

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

overtiiiiime

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

dayum gallo

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Getting really sloppy now

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
:myballs:

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

great game, Lithuania is hard to beat when they're shooting over 60% from deep

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Sep 16, 2015

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P11F0R8ON6I

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

NANDO

Tony Parker has forgotten how to play basketball.

pylb fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Sep 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

PauPowPauPow

taking gobert to basketballs school

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Sep 17, 2015

• Locked thread