Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
http://www.cnet.com/news/draftkings-fanduel-allowed-back-in-ny-again-under-new-law/

Now legal in New York :toot: We're comin back baby :10bux: :10bux:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
Fanduel sent an email out about their changes to their website too....

I'd check those changes out, they are kind of cool.

https://www.fanduel.com/bill-of-rights

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Any goons back doing DFS for the new NFL season? I moved my money off of DK and onto PredictIt, not sure if I want to move it back and try again to learn crap-tons of math about sports.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Any goons back doing DFS for the new NFL season? I moved my money off of DK and onto PredictIt, not sure if I want to move it back and try again to learn crap-tons of math about sports.

I'm back. Deposited 10 bucks week won. lost 2$ on five 1$ bets. Went all in Week 2 and am back to $10.60.

Profit :getin:
A whole 60 cents of it.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm $16 in, $88 out through two weeks. $50 win on the fantasypros correspondent free roll this week (also the only lineup I did this week) makes it look like more than it is.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

I'm that guy entering 500+ lineups into the 25-cent and $1 GPPs. I just love watching the Sunday and Monday-night games with like a dozen lineups that could win big if the right player goes off. No big wins yet through week 2 (last night I needed 10 more points from Alshon for first). Last season one first-place finish covered all my losses the other weeks.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I really suck at GPPs but I'm okay at cash. I just like playing and being just good enough to profit yearly. Last year I was 20$ in and $24.50 out or so. I also don't have the chas-flow to warrant a ton of entries into GPPs

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Marshmallow Blue posted:

I really suck at GPPs but I'm okay at cash. I just like playing and being just good enough to profit yearly. Last year I was 20$ in and $24.50 out or so. I also don't have the chas-flow to warrant a ton of entries into GPPs

Same thing here, put in $20 and ended up with like $20-22. It would be fun to mess around with multi-entry GPP strategy, but unless I get a different job or they start offering nickel tourneys, I don't think it's going to happen for me :lol:

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Well what do you know the DFS community is attempting to self-destruct again.

Turns out someone who won the milly maker was colluding with his brother. The evidence you ask? Well, you see, they each entered the max number of lineups, and they didn't submit any of the same lineups. How sneaky of them!

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Anybody else die in a hole in cash this week? 0-7 3 line-ups (3)(3)(1)

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Bloodbath on every lineup EXCEPT for the two lineups that I put into dollar games with Stafford/Pryor/Marvin Jones/ZMiller/Chiefs defense.

O

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

I don't play cash, but had a break-even week in GPPs. Two finishes in the 10-20 range and several more 20-50. No big wins but enough to keep playing the same volume next week.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Broad question: where can I start reading to learn the basics of football statistics and analytics? Alternatively, where can I start reading about the same for basketball or hockey (NBA/NHL), in preparation for those upcoming seasons? I feel like I need to understand the basic numbers more than I do, as a nerd who peaced out about sports after age 15 or so.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Well what do you know the DFS community is attempting to self-destruct again.

Turns out someone who won the milly maker was colluding with his brother. The evidence you ask? Well, you see, they each entered the max number of lineups, and they didn't submit any of the same lineups. How sneaky of them!

As I said: http://www.wsj.com/articles/draftkings-investigating-potential-collusion-in-1-million-contest-1475091553?mod=e2tw

I can't read the article but I've been following the discussion, and the accusations are based on just barely more than nothing.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Broad question: where can I start reading to learn the basics of football statistics and analytics? Alternatively, where can I start reading about the same for basketball or hockey (NBA/NHL), in preparation for those upcoming seasons? I feel like I need to understand the basic numbers more than I do, as a nerd who peaced out about sports after age 15 or so.

I tried to think of the answer to this but I'm not really sure. Best place to start I guess is a site like Fantasypros that publishes projected fantasy points.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

I realize I'm talking to myself here but anyone who wants to see some real :psyboom: takes should check out this thread.

A guy from FantasyCrunchers comes in and says "hey we checked they have separate accounts and logged in at different times from different times and did everything separately".

The consensus seems to be "of course they did, they're really sneaky about their cheating."

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

seems weird that the site guy would make that post

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

I don't think so; he had already talked to the users in question so it's not like he's just posting about them out of the blue. I assume they gave him permission to share that information.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Marshmallow Blue posted:

I lost like 40 bucks on FD but made 80 on DK so it wasn't so bad.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Nope, I won $400. Could have been an amazing week but I had 0 exposure to Chiefs D and very little to Marvin Jones.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

If Diggs gets 18 tonight and beats McKinnon by at least 6, I'm getting a 4-figure payday. :sweatdrop:

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

If Diggs gets 18 tonight and beats McKinnon by at least 6, I'm getting a 4-figure payday. :sweatdrop:

Sweating it out.post

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

I finally decided not to deposit any money for DFS right now. On the other hand, my completely ignorant teams have passed two rounds of DK's weekly NFL knockout freeroll. Like I just stack up a QB and a couple guys who are likely to win, then generate the rest of the team with a free optimizer, my picks are that level of badness. It's me, I'm the lucky donk.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry mate, I don't think you hit :(.

I had a legit chance to win the dk play action if Kuhn didn't vulture a td from fleener and Ingram and if dak hit Beasley for a score.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Papes posted:

Sorry mate, I don't think you hit :(.

Nope. That was a super frustrating game. That second McKinnon touchdown dropped my winnings by like $500.

Anyone else notice the change in payout structure? GPPs are so much flatter than they were last season.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

I haven't been looking at contest structures, but it doesn't surprise me! I'd be really curious to know how many whiners actually notice it and change their opinion about DFS, though.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

While I like the flatter payouts, I'm pretty sure the rake also went up so that neutralizes some of the potential profit gain

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I haven't been looking at contest structures, but it doesn't surprise me! I'd be really curious to know how many whiners actually notice it and change their opinion about DFS, though.

At the rate at which the DFS community gets caught up in conspiracy theories about cheating and corruption, I'll say with confidence that very few people are going to change their opinion.

As a mass-entering GPP player, I hate it. I think they went way too far. This is simplifying a bit, but last season one second place season made it a winning season. This season, I'm going to need a first- or second-place finish every 3-4 weeks to break even. Of course I'm getting more bubble finishes, so that's not entirely accurate, but you can't be profitable off those. Now GPPs are basically big payouts for the top 10 or so (depending on size). a steep slope down, and then percentiles 99.8% down to 60% get paid 1.5x buyin. Week 3 I had a lot of 10-20 finishes but that's not noteworthy at all whereas last year I would have made quite a bit in a week like that. If I wanted to play double-ups I'd play double-ups, not this weird hybrid.

The increase in rake is probably a bigger part of my losing confidence in a strategy of consistent mass entering, so I should mention that as well while I'm ranting. Now it's 15% and I think it was 5% last season. That's a giant increase.

FanDuel doesn't have mass editing of lineups so I'm putting myself at risk in that once I submit my many lineups I can't just rerun my lineup generator and resubmit---I'd have to tweak lineups by hand. Yahoo has much lower entry limits and doesn't have any kind of lineup upload, so I'm boned there, and all the smaller players have too small of a userbase for big GPPs. So I'm stuck with DraftKings.

SurgicalOntologist fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Oct 5, 2016

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

I'm not positive, but I think I remember the rake on DK being 10-15% during NFL season last year. It's kind of silly that they moved the bubble on big contests all the way down to 60% though. At that point you might as well be playing a 2x or 3x multiplier game.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Got another sweat. I'm in about 20/100K in a $3 tournament, with David Johnson still going. 24 more points to first. No one's threatening my rear from within 50 points or so, although MNF is in the slate so there may be some stacks that will compete. :sweatdrop: Let's go DJ!

Edit: please win the toss ARI...yesssss
Edit2: would half a point more be too much to ask for? How about another FG to keep this thing going.
Edit3: are you kidding me? Best game EVER.

SurgicalOntologist fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Oct 24, 2016

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Pulled a profit with a handful of entries, none with Ajayi. That I will definitely take, especially since I thought I was dead in the water.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Got another sweat. I'm in about 20/100K in a $3 tournament, with David Johnson still going. 24 more points to first. No one's threatening my rear from within 50 points or so, although MNF is in the slate so there may be some stacks that will compete. :sweatdrop: Let's go DJ!

Let us know if you make a huge cash! :f5:

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

7th for $3K! Ties the biggest cash I had last season. Also won another $1.5K in smaller GPP cashes and double ups (I played about $1.5K this week, so would have been break-even without that big win). Not huge given how many lineups I'm entering, but it wipes out the last couple week's losses (and then some) and keeps me from moving down in stakes.

My goal for the season is to work up my bankroll until I feel comfortable mass entering the millionaire maker. Probably need 2 or 3 more weeks like this to get there.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

7th for $3K! Ties the biggest cash I had last season. Also won another $1.5K in smaller GPP cashes and double ups (I played about $1.5K this week, so would have been break-even without that big win). Not huge given how many lineups I'm entering, but it wipes out the last couple week's losses (and then some) and keeps me from moving down in stakes.

My goal for the season is to work up my bankroll until I feel comfortable mass entering the millionaire maker. Probably need 2 or 3 more weeks like this to get there.

Congrats! It's an awesome feeling winning after a good sweat, enjoy the winnings.

Twas a good week overall, I missed out on a big draftkings payday by playing Chester Rogers over Goodwin who I was initially going to play - that would have turned my 100 buck winnings into probably a thousand plus but a win is a win

Fanduel got ruined by the fact that I had Geno Smith everywhere.........my one Luck/Hilton/Doyle lineup in the milly salvaged my week some.

I feel like last week was so chalky and this week is less so, these are the weeks I like targeting with ownership going to be spread out around some places but some sneaky values (i.e Freeman with Coleman being out for the week).

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

I had a rough week, but apparently I played enough volume last month to qualify for the DraftKings VIP program. They sent me an email asking what teams I'm a fan of and what events I would like to go to. If they bring me to Gillette I am going to be ecstatic. Anyone else a DK VIP?

By the way, the trick is playing the missions. That will make your DK points go through the roof.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Do you get a free trip or something?

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

I hope so! Not sure if it will actually happen though.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Hey, I forgot to brag here. I won $20,000 on FanDuel last week! And another $8,000 on DraftKings!

First out of 22k in a $5 tournament on FD, and 4th and 10th out of 100-something k in a $3 tournament on DK.

So, it is possible to win. You just need to spend 3 years entering hundreds of lineups per week. Eventually you'll win one.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I won $5 yesterday on $4 of entries so :smug:

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Hey, I forgot to brag here. I won $20,000 on FanDuel last week! And another $8,000 on DraftKings!

First out of 22k in a $5 tournament on FD, and 4th and 10th out of 100-something k in a $3 tournament on DK.

So, it is possible to win. You just need to spend 3 years entering hundreds of lineups per week. Eventually you'll win one.

drat, congrats! What was the lineup for the fan duel one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Congrats man, that's awesome!

• Locked thread