Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ransack
Aug 9, 2006

jabro posted:

I signed up under you. Now I have one! https://www.fantasydraft.com/play/jabro

I signed up under you. If we're starting a train, feel free to use mine: https://www.fantasydraft.com/play/Ransack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Ransack posted:

I signed up under you. If we're starting a train, feel free to use mine: https://www.fantasydraft.com/play/Ransack

Under you.

https://www.fantasydraft.com/play/eastsacg

drat this site is getting slammed

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!
If we're doing referral links, I'll pass one along for StarsDraft: https://www.starsdraft.com/r/r1uhkmiltp

Lots of overlay in the Millionaire Maker this week! Probably the most surprising player I fairly highly targeted this week was Nick Foles. I see no reason that he won't have at least a fairly good game against the Redskins, and he should have pretty low ownership, so a big game (which is definitely a possibility...again, Redskins) could set those lineups up for a great week.

Edit: The final score in the Milly Maker on DraftKings: over $1.55 million in free money! :woop:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

OrangeKing posted:

If we're doing referral links, I'll pass one along for StarsDraft: https://www.starsdraft.com/r/r1uhkmiltp

Lots of overlay in the Millionaire Maker this week! Probably the most surprising player I fairly highly targeted this week was Nick Foles. I see no reason that he won't have at least a fairly good game against the Redskins, and he should have pretty low ownership, so a big game (which is definitely a possibility...again, Redskins) could set those lineups up for a great week.

Edit: The final score in the Milly Maker on DraftKings: over $1.55 million in free money! :woop:

Referrals are fun. Under you.

https://www.starsdraft.com/r/1bc15vq42f

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Titans DST is not looking like a good GPP play so far. But neither are the Saints, so I would have been screwed either way.

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!
So, Foles did not work out for me. But I did play just as much of Tyrod, which did!

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

JoshTheStampede posted:

I would go Gillmore if you are punting TE. Rodgers is better as a player but the Packers have like nine other weapons to throw to and the Ravens don't really have anyone. And Week 1 they showed they will go to Gillmore with the game on the line, he just didn't come down with it against double coverage.

Edit: Ugh I need to stop reading so much stuff before like Saturday. I'm talking myself in circles about Hyde this week. On the one hand, great talent, still cheap especially on DK, playing against a bad Steelers run D. On the other, short week traveling east in a game where he's likely to be behind and SF may abandon the run.

Thanks. haha

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

VietCampo posted:

Thanks. haha

I accept PayPal if you win a ton of money off that hot tip.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

coronaball posted:

Under you.

https://www.fantasydraft.com/play/eastsacg

drat this site is getting slammed

Subbed under this link: mine is below and also my Draftkings link for anyone that wants a free megamillions ticket for next week.

Fantasydraft: https://www.fantasydraft.com/play/yuzenn

Draftkings: https://www.draftkings.com/r/mdubb354

poo poo i'll even paypal you 5 bucks if you join and put 5 bucks in Draftkings.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
That last second Matthews TD saved my week. Now I'll be anxiously watching the games tomorrow to see if I fall out of the payout zone.

Looking forward to next week. Does anyone know where I could find a list of how all the players scored on DraftKings and FanDuel this week? It feels like an obvious thing to have but I can see to find a site that has it.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

CompeAnansi posted:

That last second Matthews TD saved my week. Now I'll be anxiously watching the games tomorrow to see if I fall out of the payout zone.

Looking forward to next week. Does anyone know where I could find a list of how all the players scored on DraftKings and FanDuel this week? It feels like an obvious thing to have but I can see to find a site that has it.

http://rotoguru1.com/cgi-bin/fyday.pl?game=fd

Appears to have draftkings as well as baseball and basketball for both

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
This was basically a slaughter week for me for cash RBs. I was on Forsett, Forte, Abdullah, Ingram, Miller, Hyde, and Lynch. All basically shat the bed. My WRs saved me in some of those but I'm still down on the week because the 6 safest RBs I could find all scored under 10pts.

It's possible a miracle week from Fitzpatrick/Decker could cash me in some tournaments but that is a long shot (and I knew it was when I entered it)

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I got annihilated by my Brees/Cooks stacks, Abdullah, Jeremy Hill.... what a mess of a day. I'm about ready to quit. :(

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Oh also defenses. I was on Dolphins, Ravens, Rams, Saints. Feels bad man.

I'm not going to quit but it's hard to look at a week like this and think it's anything more than random dart throws.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

JoshTheStampede posted:

Oh also defenses. I was on Dolphins, Ravens, Rams, Saints. Feels bad man.

I'm not going to quit but it's hard to look at a week like this and think it's anything more than random dart throws.

Look at this scrub who didn't roll with obvious value picks in Travis Benjamin and Larry Fitzgerald.

For real though, it's really wipeout weeks like this where bankroll managment becomes really important if the goals is to actually grind as opposed to just deposit a few bucks every week and throw darts hoping to be one of those giant check dudes in the commercials.

https://rotogrinders.com/articles/daily-fantasy-bankroll-management-an-overview-138544

VVV: As much as my side that's really mad that I never made anything out of the internet poker boom so I better get really good at this begs to differ this really is the best way to look at it. Now there are ways to mitigate being a -EV player (mainly free offers and strictly entering contests with overlay mainly) but in reality there are too many sharks already in and it's unlikely that the casual dude who just puts in $25 because of the commercial will come back to have any real impact on a site's economy. For pretty much all of us it comes down to do you want the roulette experience of GPPs or blackjack/pai gow with cash games?

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Sep 21, 2015

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

TBH, I can't imagine too any people being able to grind a profit on these sites. It's highly unlikely that you can get a big enough advantage picking players to simply offset the house take on the contests.

I'm in a 300k draftkings Sunday and Monday night GPP, 115,000 people paid $3 to join and DraftKings is giving out 300k in prizes. So they are keeping 45k as the house take. Which is a 15%% vig. That's 3 times higher than the 5% vig that a regular sports book will take on most bets.

If you can find a GPP that isn't going to get enough people to join and the site has to put money into the prize pool, than there might be a gambling edge for you there, but you would have until nearly closing time to enter.

The head to head contests are the only ones that I can see that DraftKings is only taking 10% of the prize pool, even the double ups have the 15% house take.

Unless you are one of the top handicappers, I highly doubt you can overcome a house edge that is taking 15% of he money in the prize pool.

In short, for 99% of the people out there, you probably should be playing these for fun (and it is lots of fun), not with any expectation of turning a profit. Just play these to have fun until they get banned in a year or two.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I just look at it as a lottery with some numbers having better odds of hitting. I don't expect to win but if I hit then cool.

On that note I played 5 contests on Fantasy Draft and am in the money on each. Hopefully they hold up on tomorrow's game. DK and Stars struck out. I should stop playing games with the Monday night game. The anticipation/stress of the extra day sucks.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I've got 1 contest that's alive, currently winning $10, but only 7 or 8 points back from getting into the top 100 and getting $100+). I still have a RB and a WR to play on Monday night which I'm going to look into switching them I think. Right now I have Donte Moncrief and Chris Ivory.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

I've got a bomb lineup with a Rothlisberger - Williams - Brown - Miller stack but Lynch shat the bed and I had Fitzgerald as my flex but I removed him =/

Ah well it's still going to win me money but the potential!!

Sub Par
Jul 18, 2001

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, that was a pretty brutal week. It looks like I did well enough in the double-ups that I will break even though, as long as nothing insane happens tonight. My Mallett/Hopkins stack bombed. Jeremy Hill, Abdullah, Lynch: :lol:. The one thing I had going for me was a Manning/OBJ stack in a couple places.

Re: the rake, I hope once things settle down a bit the competition forces the rake down. As a casual player who probably takes this a little too seriously though, it's still fun.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Sub Par posted:

Re: the rake, I hope once things settle down a bit the competition forces the rake down. As a casual player who probably takes this a little too seriously though, it's still fun.

If online poker has taught us anything then, spoiler alert, it won't. The rakeless model doesn't work and there is no such thing as "competition forces" with respect to rake. Fish and whales drive the economy, and they couldn't care less about rake.

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
So I did one of those 25 cent contests for fun, and I'm in the money for a 50cent gain lol

Too bad I lost most of my other contests

Sub Par
Jul 18, 2001

Dinosaur Gum

AnacondaHL posted:

If online poker has taught us anything then, spoiler alert, it won't. The rakeless model doesn't work and there is no such thing as "competition forces" with respect to rake. Fish and whales drive the economy, and they couldn't care less about rake.

I don't mean rakeless, I mean lower rake and/or rakeback, which there was absolutely competition for.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Sub Par posted:

Yeah, that was a pretty brutal week. It looks like I did well enough in the double-ups that I will break even though, as long as nothing insane happens tonight. My Mallett/Hopkins stack bombed. Jeremy Hill, Abdullah, Lynch: :lol:. The one thing I had going for me was a Manning/OBJ stack in a couple places.

I'm going to be much more conservative with a couple of Mariota/Carr lineups to just hedge my bets on another week of bizarro football.

I cannot resist another week of Big Ben in GGP's though, but I'm stay away from some of the most expensive RB's until I see things come back down to earth, consistency wise. Lynch/Hill/Forsett in favorable matchups was the difference in getting into the money in easily a half dozen entries.

I'm about to go all in on backs on teams with great offensive lines - Starks/Williams/Lewis/Freeman(if Coleman's injury sidelines him for a while)/D.Johnson[Ari]. If Murray/Lynch/Abdullah/Forsett showed us anything it is that the offensive line is much more important than the skill and ability of the back in most instances (outside of freaks of nature like AP and whatnot).

Yuzenn fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Sep 21, 2015

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

JoshTheStampede posted:

This was basically a slaughter week for me for cash RBs. I was on Forsett, Forte, Abdullah, Ingram, Miller, Hyde, and Lynch. All basically shat the bed. My WRs saved me in some of those but I'm still down on the week because the 6 safest RBs I could find all scored under 10pts.

It's possible a miracle week from Fitzpatrick/Decker could cash me in some tournaments but that is a long shot (and I knew it was when I entered it)

:(:hf::(

My RBs in both DFS and regular fantasy this week just sucked. Except D. Williams, who I didn't have the balls to throw into any DFS because I actually had some confidence in the 49ers' defense.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Sub Par posted:

I don't mean rakeless, I mean lower rake and/or rakeback, which there was absolutely competition for.

Yea competition where no one has incentive to change anything for 10 years.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

I, too, did terribly with GPPs this week. The only consolation is that many people bombed in cash games so it wasn't too bad to at least break even there. RBs set me back quite a bit but I think my only saving grace was WRs like Julio and Edelman, plus Denver defense.

The one takeaway from it all is that bankroll management is key.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

gently caress Luck and the colts and gently caress my bad pick.

Pulling in a $5 mlb triple up at least and on the edge of cashing the $3 moonshot.

Sub Par
Jul 18, 2001

Dinosaur Gum
Man I had a good sweat in a couple $10 double-ups there. Cashed in both, by 1.16 points in one and 1.2 in another. J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Sub Par posted:

Man I had a good sweat in a couple $10 double-ups there. Cashed in both, by 1.16 points in one and 1.2 in another. J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!

Moncrief won me 50 bucks. I'm still going to hate Lynch forever from keeping me from getting more.

Ah well this is 5x what I put in so I'm happy

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I put together a lineup that included Moncrief, Julio Jones and Antonio Brown

Unfortunately it also included Ameer Abdullah, The Titans and Sam Bradford

:negative:

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Yeah fitz/decker and Moncreif made my losses not QUITE so stingy, wound up down 20 bucks on the weekend on an outlay of about 150. Looking back the rbs sucked but at least they all made double digits except Abdullah. It was the defenses that really hosed me. All the experts are saying this was the worst week for RBs they can remember ever, so at least I wasn't alone.

Even with the losses, DFS does increase my personal interest in every single game so it's worth the losses to be excited about random Browns/Titans games I would otherwise just be sad it was even on.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

drat, the Dodgers worthless homerun in the 8th cost me like $10bux by knocking me out of two contests. Still won a triple up to cover everything and put me up $5 from starting this poo poo last week.

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

In short, for 99% of the people out there, you probably should be playing these for fun (and it is lots of fun), not with any expectation of turning a profit. Just play these to have fun until they get banned in a year or two.

Indeed - I'd love to hit a contest big one of these days, but whatever, it's a lot of fun to play, even on the weeks that go badly, like this one. On to Week 3!

By the way, I'd be stunned if DFS got the banhammer from the federal government, given the powerful media and sports interests aligned with the major sites. On the other hand, I'd be almost as stunned if these sites didn't see themselves regulated in the next few years.

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

Donte Moncrief and Brandon Marshall pulled it out for me at the end! I had little to no hope of doing anything this week, and of my 9 lineups, only 2 won. I spent $25 and won back $13 (159.2pts in the 1m Play Action and 147.92 in the 250k beginner play action).

All in all, for a first-timer with a net loss of $12 I had a good time with DK this weekend and see the potential to enjoy this (while hopefully min-cashing) as an alternative to being in a sports book during game day weekends.

TheKevman fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Sep 22, 2015

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

OrangeKing posted:

Indeed - I'd love to hit a contest big one of these days, but whatever, it's a lot of fun to play, even on the weeks that go badly, like this one. On to Week 3!

By the way, I'd be stunned if DFS got the banhammer from the federal government, given the powerful media and sports interests aligned with the major sites. On the other hand, I'd be almost as stunned if these sites didn't see themselves regulated in the next few years.

Poker got banned pretty much out of the blue with just a couple upset congressmen sticking a clause in a completely unrelated bill that nobody read. The extreme advertising that DraftKings and FanDuel are doing this season is picking up a lot of eyes and there's going to be some special interest groups not too happy. I hope I'm wrong since it's fun, but it just seems like a big target for anti-gambling groups.

And considering the stance on normal sports betting (sportscenter can't even mention point spreads/margins for the NFL & Las Vegas isn't allowed to do any advertising that shows gambling during the NFL playoff broadcasts), I can't believe the NFL is backing DFS the way they are.

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

And considering the stance on normal sports betting (sportscenter can't even mention point spreads/margins for the NFL. . .)

They have an entire segment with Cousin Sal on SportsCenter every Thursday where they talk about exactly this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpeZNoEXwO0

TheKevman fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Sep 22, 2015

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

TheKevman posted:

They have an entire segment with Cousin Sal on SportsCenter every Thursday where they talk about exactly this...

I see, it's been a while since I've had cable and regularly was able to watch SportsCenter, I wonder when the NFL decided to relax on that one, or maybe it was only the actual broadcasts that they don't let talk of gambling in.

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
I spent $3 and won back $4 on DK.

I see this more as a supplement to the fantasy league I'm in with co-workers. I doubt I'll spend more than $5 in a single week (and even that would be rare).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I see, it's been a while since I've had cable and regularly was able to watch SportsCenter, I wonder when the NFL decided to relax on that one, or maybe it was only the actual broadcasts that they don't let talk of gambling in.

Yeah I think it's the actual broadcasts. ESPN has a section on their website now called ESPN Chalk which details entirely with sports betting and prop stuff. Cousin Sal was amazing on Sports Center last year, especially down the stretch. Guy couldn't lose and it was must-see TV lol.

• Locked thread