Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Given the two, I'd take Dunbar. Is the rest of your construction top heavy enough to warrant such a low cost guy?

I'm admittedly new to DFS and only playing on FanDuel but I haven't had to scrape that low into the skill guys in order to fill out a decent roster. This week my lowest cost skill guy in my GPP entry is Woodhead at $6400. I could see if you were running out Antonio Brown and Gronk though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Par
Jul 18, 2001

Dinosaur Gum
Dunbar for cash, but I'd probably consider Blount for a tournament.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
So Jordan Reed hit 4x value on DK last night, which is a great start to the week. He also had two wide open targets in the endzone that Cousins was too inaccurate to captialize on, so it could have been a much bigger game. If his cost stays low I think he'll be a great value for the next few weeks since he is getting a ton of targets and is by far their best red zone option.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

CompeAnansi posted:

So Jordan Reed hit 4x value on DK last night, which is a great start to the week. He also had two wide open targets in the endzone that Cousins was too inaccurate to captialize on, so it could have been a much bigger game. If his cost stays low I think he'll be a great value for the next few weeks since he is getting a ton of targets and is by far their best red zone option.

I saw how cheap he was and threw him into a lineup that I entered in a handful of games. Kinda wish I had done more, but I was strapped for time and threw in placeholders for everyone else just to get an entry in time for TNF.

Are there any updates on DeMarco Murray? PPR in DK helps quite a bit and I feel like Sproles can be a great value this week if Murray is limited at all.

Current lineup:

Palmer $6600
Sproles $3800
Woodhead $4400
Julio $9000
Edelman $7300
D Adams $5000
Reed $3800
L Bell $7500
Falcons $2900

Like I said, I threw it together in a rush because I just wanted to lock something in with Reed so maybe I'll end up with some changes.

Teeter fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Sep 25, 2015

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Ozu posted:

Given the two, I'd take Dunbar. Is the rest of your construction top heavy enough to warrant such a low cost guy?

I'm admittedly new to DFS and only playing on FanDuel but I haven't had to scrape that low into the skill guys in order to fill out a decent roster. This week my lowest cost skill guy in my GPP entry is Woodhead at $6400. I could see if you were running out Antonio Brown and Gronk though.

Those guys (woodhead, dunbar, sproles, etc) are way better on DK than on FD. Prices are softer and its full PPR. I often stack my roster with a couple of those guys to start, fill out with studs, and then upgrade them if I have money left over.

E: My dilemma this week: Moncrief, Crabtree, or Allen Robinson in cash on FD? They're all about the same price.

JoshTheStampede fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Sep 25, 2015

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

JoshTheStampede posted:

My dilemma this week: Moncrief, Crabtree, or Allen Robinson in cash on FD? They're all about the same price.

Robinson > Moncrief >>> Crabtree. That said, I see both Robinson and Moncrief as being primarily GPP plays since they have yet to demonstrate consistency. Opportunity is there for sure, but the floors aren't high enough for me to be comfortable with them in cash games. If I had to pick one, it'd be Robinson. A sneaky cash play on FD might be Nate Washington since he's been getting ~9 targets a game. Now he hasn't been great at converting those targets into catches, which is likely the QB's fault, but that's good volume for his price.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

CompeAnansi posted:

Robinson > Moncrief >>> Crabtree. That said, I see both Robinson and Moncrief as being primarily GPP plays since they have yet to demonstrate consistency. Opportunity is there for sure, but the floors aren't high enough for me to be comfortable with them in cash games. If I had to pick one, it'd be Robinson. A sneaky cash play on FD might be Nate Washington since he's been getting ~9 targets a game. Now he hasn't been great at converting those targets into catches, which is likely the QB's fault, but that's good volume for his price.

They both have a lot of targets though, and Crabs leads the NFL in targets for WRs. That said, the ~6000 range of WRs isn't much better, with Stevie Johnson, Doug Baldwin, Kendall Wright, Mike Wallace, John Brown, none of which really make me feel safe in cash.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

CompeAnansi posted:

Yea, he was in 1 of my 3 lineups. Shame he just missed the 100 yd bonus points.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

JoshTheStampede posted:

They both have a lot of targets though, and Crabs leads the NFL in targets for WRs.

According to who? Edelman, D. Thomas, Julio Jones, and E. Sanders have more.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

AnacondaHL posted:

According to who? Edelman, D. Thomas, Julio Jones, and E. Sanders have more.

Right you are. He was 2nd in week 2, not sure why I got that turned in my head.

Sub Par
Jul 18, 2001

Dinosaur Gum

CompeAnansi posted:

A sneaky cash play on FD might be Nate Washington since he's been getting ~9 targets a game. Now he hasn't been great at converting those targets into catches, which is likely the QB's fault, but that's good volume for his price.

This. Especially if Hopkins doesn't clear the concussion protocol and is inactive on Sunday. Keep a close eye.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Sub Par posted:

This. Especially if Hopkins doesn't clear the concussion protocol and is inactive on Sunday. Keep a close eye.

Hopkins returned to practice today. He still needs to pass concussion testing before being cleared to play, but it looks like he'll play, which lowers Washington's value. On the other hand, Tevin Coleman has been ruled out, so Devonta Freeman should be the lead back.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

CompeAnansi posted:

Hopkins returned to practice today. He still needs to pass concussion testing before being cleared to play, but it looks like he'll play, which lowers Washington's value. On the other hand, Tevin Coleman has been ruled out, so Devonta Freeman should be the lead back.

Yeah, I'm gonna be on Freeman. All the arguments for Starks apply (he's not actually very good but it doesn't matter because he'll get 20 carries and a few catches).

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

JoshTheStampede posted:

Yeah, I'm gonna be on Freeman. All the arguments for Starks apply (he's not actually very good but it doesn't matter because he'll get 20 carries and a few catches).

Yeah I like Freeman too. My main problem with him is that on DK he is more expensive than Yeldon. Yeldon has been getting way more rushing attempts and is a more talented player. The only downside to Yeldon is game flow. The Patriots will likely destroy the Jags, so he might not get as many carries as he has been getting.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

CompeAnansi posted:

Yeah I like Freeman too. My main problem with him is that on DK he is more expensive than Yeldon. Yeldon has been getting way more rushing attempts and is a more talented player. The only downside to Yeldon is game flow. The Patriots will likely destroy the Jags, so he might not get as many carries as he has been getting.

Yeah this of all weeks I would be super scared of any land-based Jaguars.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Why the hell do I play baseball? The best players are barely successful 30% of the time. That just screams losing and yet I trot a couple of lineups every week.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Rolling with the following for Cash Games (4 $1-big ballin baby)

QB Tyrod Taylor
RB Jamaal Charles
RB Danny Woodhead
WR Doug Baldwin
WR Jarvis Landry
WR Brandon Marshall
TE Rob Gronkowski
FLEX Travis Kelce
DST Seahawks

And this for my millionaire maker entry

QB Carson Palmer
RB Latavius Murray
RB Danny Woodhead
WR Larry Fitzgerald
WR Brandon Marshall
WR Allen Robinson
TE Travis Kelce
FLEX Randall Cobb
DST Seahawks

Also someone on Rotogrinders did a big :effort: post on LoL as a dfs event including some basic strategy. There is 1K freeroll which starts next Thursday (which is apparenly the world championships) so what the hell

https://rotogrinders.com/blog-posts/introduction-to-daily-fantasy-league-of-legends-on-draftkings-esports-838602

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/draftteam/10052291

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Oh god now Lacy might play (on monday so gotta make that decision by Sunday morning) and Lynch is a gametime decision so everyone's RB lineups are hosed up.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

JoshTheStampede posted:

Oh god now Lacy might play (on monday so gotta make that decision by Sunday morning) and Lynch is a gametime decision so everyone's RB lineups are hosed up.

I'm staying away from a hobbled Lacy against a great front in KC. Lynch is going to cause me so much pain if he doesn't play but if he isn't 100% he might not be a good play anyway....

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

jabro posted:

Why the hell do I play baseball? The best players are barely successful 30% of the time. That just screams losing and yet I trot a couple of lineups every week.

Carrasco just put up 57 points pitching 9 innings with 15 strikeouts.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Yuzenn posted:

I'm staying away from a hobbled Lacy against a great front in KC. Lynch is going to cause me so much pain if he doesn't play but if he isn't 100% he might not be a good play anyway....

Yeah, me too, but the danger is that a hobbled Lacy makes Starks a bad play. Whereas Starks alone for 3k is basically a must play.

I'm off Lynch at this point in cash, Bell or AP are just as good for about the same price, no point in getting ulcers over Lynch.

\/\/\/ Assuming all those guys are starting, I would say Freeman, Powell, Jackson, Polk is the order. Polk will split with Blue, Jackson will split with Rawls. Freeman and Powell are pretty close, but Coleman is definitely out at this point while Ivory may play and be limited and cut into Powell's carries.

JoshTheStampede fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Sep 26, 2015

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
How do people feel about the other cheap backups for injured starters (assuming that the starters don't play)? Devonta Freeman, Bilal Powell, Chris Polk, and Fred Jackson. Talent-wise I have the most faith in FJax, but I feel like Lynch is the most likely to play. All of them are cheap enough that 3x value is easily within their reach if they get the start, but picking between them will be key because at least one of them will have a much better game than the rest.

EDIT: Ended up going with Freeman and Mathews in most of my lineups. Looking pretty good so far.

CompeAnansi fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Sep 27, 2015

lloyol
Jun 23, 2005

NARFZ
Just a $3 roster this week on DK. Currently bubbling with

C. Newton
A. Peterson
D. Woodhead
D. Baldwin
P. Harvin
C. Johnson
G. Olsen
J. Edelman
Patriots

Go go last minute rosters

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Thanks to whoever suggested Devonta Freeman holy gently caress

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

AnacondaHL posted:

Thanks to whoever suggested Devonta Freeman holy gently caress

That was me I think. I'm 2 for 2 on giving others advice it seems. I should start a podcast.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
These scores are out of control.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Dalton and Green is going to save my early games. Earned 70+ points for a $5 triple up to give me a $4 profit on the day!

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
So here was my main lineup for the Thursday-Monday slate:

I'm in two tournaments right now, currently ranked 3rd in both. If I'd started Cam Newton instead of Wilson, I think I'd have had a legit chance of winning one of them. Oh well. Still, pretty good regardless. Anyone else have some success this weekend?

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
So far yeah. In the money on all my cash games (so far anyway) and in small money in a couple tourneys. Whiffed on Forsett and Jstew in one but had a lot of Cam, Freeman, Fitzgerald, Seahawks, AP. Much better than last week anyway.

E: at 146 and 138 on fan duel I SHOULD remain in the money in 50/50s right? The line is like 125 now, what are the odds it pushes that much higher in two games?

JoshTheStampede fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Sep 28, 2015

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

CompeAnansi posted:

So here was my main lineup for the Thursday-Monday slate:

I'm in two tournaments right now, currently ranked 3rd in both. If I'd started Cam Newton instead of Wilson, I think I'd have had a legit chance of winning one of them. Oh well. Still, pretty good regardless. Anyone else have some success this weekend?

Nice man, freeman/matthews combo kept me from losing money this week. Granted it's only 14 bucks but it is better than losing money.

I went too big on Woodhead and Big Ben and it bit me in the rear end =/

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
So with Big Ben getting hurt today and the Steelers playing Thursday, Vick is still priced low for the Monday-Thursday slates. Think that makes it worth playing or will it just be "everyone takes Vick"?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

JoshTheStampede posted:

So with Big Ben getting hurt today and the Steelers playing Thursday, Vick is still priced low for the Monday-Thursday slates. Think that makes it worth playing or will it just be "everyone takes Vick"?

I thing that's gonna be two hard games to pick on, but more than likely Aaron Rodgers is going to be getting a big portion of the draft rate. Kansas City's defense is giving up quite a few passing yards (260+)... but they are also getting a lot of sacks so who knows what they are going to do tomorrow night.

I would be worried about the Ravens coming out really hard this week with their 0-3 record after playing solid games the last 2 weeks.

Sub Par
Jul 18, 2001

Dinosaur Gum

The SituAsian posted:

These scores are out of control.

Yeah. I have 200 points in one tournament with Kelce left to play and have basically no shot at winning more than $9 for my trouble. An insane week.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Not terrible for a single entry in the $1.5mm and I should still make the money even after tonight.

Woodhead was a huge disappointment though.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Ozu posted:

Woodhead was a huge disappointment though.

Yeah, I bailed on Woodhead in many of my lineups once I realized that Freeman was only $200 more on DK. The spots he remained in were lost once it came out that DeMarco was out and Mathews was the starter. That said, although I thought both were better values than Woodhead, I didn't see him having THIS bad of a game. I would have happily played him if Mathews hadn't gotten the start.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I watched the chargers vs vikings game, viks defense just killed SD all day. I also had Woodhead in many lineups :(

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Used mainly points and tickets so i should technically be very profitable on the week since i am in the money in a few places. Most important sweat is that im sitting with a little under 160 in the millionaire maker with Kelce and Cobb left to go so i should be in the money for that so long as they get 25 or so points between them which hopefully isnt too much of a stretch

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Sep 28, 2015

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

coronaball posted:

I got annihilated by my Brees/Cooks stacks, Abdullah, Jeremy Hill.... what a mess of a day. I'm about ready to quit. :(

What a difference a week makes: I'm looking at a couple hundred from a tourney on fantasydraft. Would've been in 4 figures if I'd had the good sense to start a better QB than Fitzpatrick and John Brown had scored on that long pass to the 1 yard line, but success is success.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Currently in 10th in a 115-man $5 tournament. Cmon Cobb!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

railroad terror posted:

Currently in 10th in a 115-man $5 tournament. Cmon Cobb!!!

I'm hoping this worked about as well for you as it did for me.

• Locked thread