Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

VietCampo posted:

Joined a 6$ contest on DK with

QB T. Brady $7700
RB D. Lewis $4200
RB D. Woodhead $4400
WR A. Brown $8900
WR S. Johnson $4300
WR J. Jones $9000
TE C. Gillmore $3300
FL A. Robinson $5200
DS Jets $3000

As you can see i went really heavy at WR and a top 5 QB play. With the RB's, i'm went with 2 RB's that have been returning huge points on really good value, so hopefully they keep it up. Went fairly low on TE, but with Gillmore emerging as a legit red zone threat and gaining Flacco's trust, he stands a good chance of getting a TD. Jet's have a decent matchup against the Eagles.

Come on i just want to double up.

edit: no idea why i put rams, i looked at the matchup literally 20 seconds before i typed that.

I started out with a similar looking lineup today for a $5 draftkings contest, and it's morphed into this now

QB: R. Wilson - $7000
RB: L. Murray - $5800
RB. D. Woodhead - $4400
WR: R. Cobb - $7300
WR: J. Edelman - $7000
WR: A. Robinson - $5200
TE: T. Kelce - $5000
FLEX: D. Adams - $5000
DST: Patriots - $3100

this is my first year playing DFS, trying to not invest in too many players in the same games and failing at it... was trying to fit in Brady/Gronk/Edelman too lol.. maybe would be nice if Lacy doesn't play this week and then could use Starks for real cheap instead of Murray & use someone other than Adams in the flex.

lots of pretty good looking options this week :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I watched the chargers vs vikings game, viks defense just killed SD all day. I also had Woodhead in many lineups :(

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

haha.. just read this DK email that came in

quote:

As the three co-founders of DraftKings, we want to speak to you directly about what has been going on.

We know that you play DraftKings because it's fun and because it gives you a chance to showcase your skills against millions of other fans, and we know that you cannot do that without a level playing field.

The fairness and integrity of our contests has been at the heart of everything we have built since we started the company three and a half years ago.

Over the past week, questions have arisen around an employee of ours who won a significant prize on a competitor's site. While our internal investigation has reflected absolutely no wrongdoing on his part, this has still pushed us to reevaluate our processes.

Long before this happened, the wheels were in motion for an external review of our policies and procedures. Given the pace of our growth, we felt that an audit was critical to ensure the security of our platform, so we hired an external law firm experienced with these issues to conduct a full review.

But that is not enough. In addition to this audit, we have put in place a set of core measures that we believe are central to this process:

• We expanded our existing policy prohibiting DraftKings employees from playing on our site to prohibit participation in any public daily fantasy sports contests for money.

• We also will prohibit employees from any other Daily Fantasy Sports contest operator from participating in games on DraftKings.

• We are actively reviewing our organizational structure and will add resources to ensure compliance with all recommendations stemming from internal and external findings.

• We are working with multiple third parties to strengthen all internal policies and procedures.

The events of the past week have caused us to take a broader look and to ask those both here and externally to widen the scope of their analysis of our business.

We are aware that there is room for growth, regardless of the strength of our current platform. We will work tirelessly to improve all aspects of our customer experience, which is every bit as important to us as the effort we put into our product.

You will no doubt continue to hear from the media about both DraftKings and the industry. It is our prerogative to keep driving that conversation ourselves. We will work to respond to your concerns in complete transparency and to inform you of the steps we are taking to inspire your full trust.

Please know how grateful we are for the passion and loyalty you have shown DraftKings throughout our history and especially over the past week. You remain our greatest priority.

Thank you,

Jason Robins, Matt Kalish & Paul Liberman
Co-Founders, DraftKings

tl;dr - other DFS site employees can't play on our site, but we're still not gonna ban our own employees from playing on other DFS sites? :smug:

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

JoshTheStampede posted:

The first bullet poiint says that DK employees can no longer play for money on other sites.

quote:

We expanded our existing policy prohibiting DraftKings employees from playing on our site to prohibit participation in any public daily fantasy sports contests for money.

wow yeah I had to re-read that like 3 times now to see that's what they meant, I thought it said they just still couldn't play on their own site

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

it was going well today with Forsett/Dion Lewis/Edelman/Kamar Aiken until my TE choice of Owen Daniels decided to be invisible

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I know but it's the drat Raiders :smith:

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Ozu posted:

Degenerate gambler loses assloads of money on DFS, files class action.

gonna start seeing "if you feel you have a problem, call this number" on every commercial for DFS sites now, thanks dumb rich guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Metapod posted:

Let me tell you then. The Titans have two hbs (andrews and sankey) that have the ability to shred the texans. They won't get the opportunity to shred the Texans because whiz will give mccluster all the carries and completely forget about sankey while giving andrews some touches here and there. Wright is the fast talented shifty guy on the team.
fwiw Wiz said Andrews deserves more touches, hoping that's true because I own him in every league

• Locked thread