Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Ok, I got the go ahead to throw a few bucks (11.50 (what I have laying around paypal) at DFS from my wife. Obviously, I'm not out to win $1,000.00, just have some fun. I have a couple questions for you guys though cause being in the black would be nice.

What sites do you recommend? Obviously FD and Draft kings have the deposit match promo codes. I also see Fantasy draft floating around and yahoo has them too.

I'll probably be entering 1-2$ games. Mostly 50/50s. Is that a good idea?
If so, is it better to join ones with high or low maximum entries?

Thanks in advance!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

overdesigned posted:

I had Mark Ingram too, and he put up a fairly respectable 20 points. Overall I'm happy so far, especially considering this is my first week doing DFS ever and I have no idea what I'm doing.

Sup fellow noob :hf:

I took freeman and only freeman so far and im a couple places out of money in a 50 50. Should shape up well as a few of those top players had several players go. Still early to :homebrew: but its been a fun few hours.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Yuzenn posted:

Freeman is like 66+% owned in some of the 50/50 so I'm a bit worried cause last week I had Dhop and still got knocked out in some of them

Here's to hoping that the rest of my teams do well. Having Freeman as a starter helps!

Yeah, the one I'm in only 11/50 people didn't take him. This is my team and I think I can pull off a top 50 finish

QB Andy Dalton
Devonta Freeman
Giovani Bernard
Allen Robinson
Julian Edelman
Larry Fitzgerald
Antonio Gates
Stephen Gostkowski
Denver Broncos

All of the people who had Freeman only on Thursday are in a 12 way tie for 28th. The person in first has 71 points but only has 4 players left.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

CompeAnansi posted:

Oh so you must be playing FanDuel. I don't know what everyone else's feelings are on this, but for me, I won't play Thursday slates on FanDuel. FanDuel is the only site that fully locks your lineups as soon as the first player starts on your team. Others like DraftKings and Yahoo will only lock the players who have started, allowing you to still swap out the players yet to play if you desire. This isn't as big a deal on FanDuel for other slates because the gap between the Sunday and Monday games is not as consequential. However, with such a big time gap between the Thursday games and the Sunday ones, I don't like taking the risk of not being able to change the rest of my lineup after Thursday, so I avoid Thursday slates on that site.

Yeah that's kind of a bummer. I guess it helps players from switching out players based on if they need a high risk high reward if they've fallen behind. Thankfully I don't have any Ps or Qs in my lineup, but I may stay clear of Thursdays match-ups for this reason.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Any news on Dion Lewis yet? I'm using him across a few 50/50s and a H2H.

Also how do you guys pick opponents for H2Hs, I see a lot of people with a lot of wins. I found one guy with 170 or so and took my shot with him, but is there a good way to find quality H2H oppononents?

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Spoeank posted:

It's just that easy!

Also how in the world do you simulate the games?

Madden right? Please tell me it's Madden.

Also whats the deal with lewis. Hes saying hes gonna play but is going to test it out in warmups too see. Do i roll him or switch him out with ivory. This is across 3 leagues 2 50 50s and a triple up.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I will either be up $2.20 (Bet 5) or down $1.40 Based on how Odell does tonight. I'm hoping he doesn't even play. I'm guessing It's Odell anyway since a lot of the people left tonight have a WR left. The closest ones being roughly EDIT: 17 points away. If only I hadn't been belichiked by Lewis :911: and switched him out for Ivory I would have rolled.

Marshmallow Blue fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Oct 19, 2015

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

CompeAnansi posted:

Yeah this has been the worst week of the season for me. Two terrible decisions: fade the passing game in HOU vs JAX because of 20+mph winds, and Dion Lewis :911:. I knew it was only a matter of time before Belichick belichicked, but man it hurts when it finally happens. Still up money on the season, but I lost a lot of my gains this week.

I also can't seem to hit on a defense even when I pay for an easy layup like the Jets this week. I think I've only had one lineup with a DST that broke 10 points this year. That's a hole I'd been able to climb out of so far, but not this week.

Just pay the 5k for Denver. It's hard but they have yet to score under 10. Which is a good value to me paying just a few hundred dollars more over other Defenses. more inconsistent defenses.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Gobias Ind. posted:

Thanks Eddie :emo:

I call him Eddie money :homebrew: because my opponent had him and it lost him a H2H he had in the bag.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
what are your guys' thoughts on Freeman and Hopkins this week in 50/50s? They cost an insane amount of money and I can't imagine building a halfway decent lineup with such a cost up front.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
First time playing Fan duel trip report.

Spent 5$ across
one 1$ 50/50
one 2$ 50/50
one 1$ H2H
one 1$ ten man league (top 3 win).

I won $7.40 by winning both 50/50s and the H2H. I missed placing on the 10 man by 7 points (Thanks Lewis!)

Where do I go to get my huge check?

Seriously: How do people feel about using Hoyer as a QB to afford shares of both Hopkins and freeman?

dy. posted:

So I switched to $1/2 H2H's last week instead of doing my normal double ups. It seems like the winning line is much higher in the H2H's, I lost with a lot of 130-140 point lineups that I feel like would normally win in a double up.

For anyone who did $25ish double ups on FanDuel this week - what was the average line?
My 2$ (20 team ) 50/50 was 90.1 to 170. You were in the money with 123.12 (me 10/20). The 11th place guy had 114.

Marshmallow Blue fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Oct 20, 2015

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

CompeAnansi posted:

That's why you get the FanDuel extension so it shows their games played after hovering the name and color codes them. Quicker way to find easier matchups.

say whattt and where, and how much? Edit: Found it.

Marshmallow Blue fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Oct 20, 2015

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Sock The Great posted:

For a few hundred more you can draft Stafford. Who at least has Megatron upside and is playing at home.

I feel the Stafford has proven far more inconsistent than Hoyer over the past few weeks. Stafford had the solid game last week, but the previous 3 weeks, couldn't even hit 10 points. Hoyer has 17, 19, and 24 for his last three games. So I don't see a need to spend more cap room on a seemingly inconsistent player.

Edit: Also, Been using that wonderful chrome extension to target under 100 win players (I'm 100% "green" myself), but what are these people thinking not picking their own opponents and just letting their H2H fall to 2-10K winners?

Marshmallow Blue fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Oct 21, 2015

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

CompeAnansi posted:

They either don't know what they're doing or they don't care enough to put in the effort to pick their own opponents. Either way I'm glad they do it.

I also noticed more green matchups across Sunday only and 1pm only slates. Any reason why you think?

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Holy crap lamar miller. Glad im against 0 shares in cash.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I know it's still a very small sample size, but I've had a pretty good first 2 weeks in DFS.

Anyone else like Gurley and Chris Johnson (vs CLE) this week?

Marshmallow Blue fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Oct 27, 2015

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Teeter posted:

How many different cash lineups do you guys enter in a given week? Do you try to cover the variance by entering more H2H contests with one lineup, or create a handful of lineups with fewer entries each so that you limit your exposure to any given player?

I've got 8 Line-ups across 21 Entries. Part of that is to reduce exposure if a player flops, but some of it is due to me playing several different slates based on finding some lower win opponents in H2Hs.

How do you guys approach single entry GPPs, since you can't churn out different lineups. Obviously you strive to make the best possible one, but how do you go about it?

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I did buy a few shares of wright this week. Hope it pays off.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I too got murdered.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Threw a dollar into a NBA 50/50. I know nothing about basketball (except I hate Lebron because I am a playoffs only fair-weather Celtics fan)...

How good or bad is this line-up. I basically sorted by Avg FPPG and tried to find good value that way.

R. Rubio
Brandon Knight
Giannis Antetokounmpo
Manu Ginobili
Kevin Durant (this is the only guy I've heard of)
Al-Farouq Aminu
Zach Randolph
Markieff Morris
Kyle O'Quinn

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Darko posted:

Yeah, they IP check you; even some of my proxies oddly didn't work. Checked PC and Phone. It was quite annoying Saturday when I wanted to enter my "perfect" lineups, then relieving on Monday.

Yeah I'm pretty much seeing that my experience was the same as everyone elses.

Which begs the question. Who won the money?

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I hope Live free or die NH continues to live free or die. But then again, I'm not making any money either.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Post to self: relying on Doug Martin was a surefire way to lose 10$ and miss out on 20+$ of cash. Don't be dumb don't be dumb don't be dumb.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Sweet lord. Barely landed the monday thursday 5$ 50/50 . That should help with roi this week.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
How does that ACDC song go again?

BACK IN BLACCCCCKKK Yes I'm Back in blaahaccck. I'm fighting income inequality between the sharks and the shark-nots :bernget:

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I made a whopping $1.00 and change after 8 weeks in my first year. I'll be back next year.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Any goons back doing DFS for the new NFL season? I moved my money off of DK and onto PredictIt, not sure if I want to move it back and try again to learn crap-tons of math about sports.

I'm back. Deposited 10 bucks week won. lost 2$ on five 1$ bets. Went all in Week 2 and am back to $10.60.

Profit :getin:
A whole 60 cents of it.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I really suck at GPPs but I'm okay at cash. I just like playing and being just good enough to profit yearly. Last year I was 20$ in and $24.50 out or so. I also don't have the chas-flow to warrant a ton of entries into GPPs

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Anybody else die in a hole in cash this week? 0-7 3 line-ups (3)(3)(1)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

SurgicalOntologist posted:

If Diggs gets 18 tonight and beats McKinnon by at least 6, I'm getting a 4-figure payday. :sweatdrop:

Sweating it out.post

• Locked thread