Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
So i am going real light on the TE spot, so i'm picking between Crockett Gillmore or Richard Rodgers, i'm leaning Rodgers since the Seahawks are vulnerable against TE's and even more so without Kam.

thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

JoshTheStampede posted:

I would go Gillmore if you are punting TE. Rodgers is better as a player but the Packers have like nine other weapons to throw to and the Ravens don't really have anyone. And Week 1 they showed they will go to Gillmore with the game on the line, he just didn't come down with it against double coverage.

Edit: Ugh I need to stop reading so much stuff before like Saturday. I'm talking myself in circles about Hyde this week. On the one hand, great talent, still cheap especially on DK, playing against a bad Steelers run D. On the other, short week traveling east in a game where he's likely to be behind and SF may abandon the run.

Thanks. haha

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Santheb posted:

Which of the "value" running backs do you guys think are the best plays this week?

Crowell vs OAK - $4500
Woodhead @ MIN - $4400
JStew vs NO - $4900
Blount/Lewis vs JAX -$4200 (4k for Blount)
Bernard @ BAL - $4700
Morris @ NYG - $4700
Ivory @ PHI - $5000

I've got Crowell, Woodhead and Stewart in my speculative lineup but was wondering what you guys thought. These are the prices on DK, for what it's worth.

I'd go with Ivory/Lewis and a cheap high upside WR in the flex. It's 1 PPR, so i would rarely be starting 3 RB's over 3 WR's.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Ozu posted:

Ivory re-aggravated his groin and there's a chance the Jets start spelling with Zac Stacy until he's back to 100%.

Where do you see that he re aggravated his groin? The latest update from not too long ago that I see says he didn't suffer any setbacks and should be good to go against the Eagles.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Joined a 6$ contest on DK with

QB T. Brady $7700
RB D. Lewis $4200
RB D. Woodhead $4400
WR A. Brown $8900
WR S. Johnson $4300
WR J. Jones $9000
TE C. Gillmore $3300
FL A. Robinson $5200
DS Jets $3000

As you can see i went really heavy at WR and a top 5 QB play. With the RB's, i'm went with 2 RB's that have been returning huge points on really good value, so hopefully they keep it up. Went fairly low on TE, but with Gillmore emerging as a legit red zone threat and gaining Flacco's trust, he stands a good chance of getting a TD. Jet's have a decent matchup against the Eagles.

Come on i just want to double up.

edit: no idea why i put rams, i looked at the matchup literally 20 seconds before i typed that.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Sep 23, 2015

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

JoshTheStampede posted:

John Brown is really breaking hearts here. So far this year he's dropped one TD, had two called back for holding, got tackled at the 1 at least once, and had about a hundred yards of pass interference flags committed on him.

So he's not really the one breaking the hearts most of the time. He'll eventually get his boom 2/3 TD game, but he's more valuable in regular fantasy due to his decent floor than daily fantasy. I've had him in at least one DFS lineup each week so i feel ya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Hey, I forgot to brag here. I won $20,000 on FanDuel last week! And another $8,000 on DraftKings!

First out of 22k in a $5 tournament on FD, and 4th and 10th out of 100-something k in a $3 tournament on DK.

So, it is possible to win. You just need to spend 3 years entering hundreds of lineups per week. Eventually you'll win one.

drat, congrats! What was the lineup for the fan duel one?

• Locked thread