Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

AnacondaHL posted:

By their nature, these optimizers are great for making Cash Game lineups but miserable at GPPs. Here's a website that has actually been putting money down to test the optimizers and reporting the results:

http://www.dailyoverlay.com/expert-grading/nfl-optimal-lineup-analysis/

One way to make your GPP lineup is to make the Fantasy Pros optimal lineup, exclude 6-7 players, hit Optimize, exclude 3-4 more players, hit Optimize, repeat until lineup looks sufficiently absurd.

This is dope, thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Sub Par posted:

This is true and as a Texans fan, here's some additional insight: the kind of lovely defense we have doesn't require a good quarterback or deep throws or even deep threats. Nearly all of the yardage we gave up vs the Dolphins last week was YAC. Tannehill completed 18 passes, only half of which were more than 2 yards from the LOS in the air. Our defense takes terrible angles and cannot tackle.

I don't know enough about the Titans to know if they have players capable of getting that type of YAC success against the Texans. While the D is bad, the Dolphins have a couple fast, talented, shifty guys who made that day happen. If the Titans have a couple as well, then your theory will probably work out.

All I know is the Titans run game is almost non existent, so while they might not be YAC monsters that other teams are...other teams have gashed the Texans on the ground to go with the air. Freeman, Miller and Charles all had monster days and Cam (qb) and Gore both gashed them.

I'm only going to have 1-2 lineups with Mettenberger but asking him to get 20 points against that defense for value doesn't seem like that big of a longshot.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Can draftkings put a P or an O next to the NBA players who are not likely to play or something just like they do NFL? Two days in a row there is a pull of a player because of back to backs and I didn't realize it because it didn't say anything right next to their names. Fkn frustrating!

I know that there aren't the same designations or even reporting during practices but these guys were coaches decisions before the games started

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Whelp, if you didn't play Brees or Eli or Odell or Watson you basically lost money this week.

Forsett, Dalton, Green and Bell all were such disappointing plays.

Even the cash games are scoring like 250.....there goes the bankroll

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Sock The Great posted:

AJ Green had a fine game. It was clear Ledarius was a bad play once Gates was active.

I needed him to get like 5 points but he got injured in the first half...Gates was mostly running decoy anyway. Forsett hurt much more because at least Green was 3k but Forsett was 6.1 and Bell was 8.3

If Cam gets me 20 points I will at least win my cash lineups, and I hope so because I am winning 1 out of 73 GPP lineups this week.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

http://www.legalsportsreport.com/5762/nj-dfs-bill/

My state trying to be the latest to figure out how to regulate DFS sites. I just hope it's not tantamount to an outright ban like Nevada.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

CompeAnansi posted:

What free projection sources do you all use for NBA? I'll go ahead and share the ones I've found and if anyone has any additions that'd be great.

http://www.numberfire.com/nba/fantasy/fantasy-basketball-projections
https://rotogrinders.com/projected-stats/nba?site=draftkings
http://joshengleman.com/

http://www.dailyoverlay.com/expert-grading/nba-expert-grading/ is a website that's been grading the websites....the nba section doesn't have a perfect lineup grading section like NFL but it shows which writers have been in the money

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

CompeAnansi posted:

Yeah, that grades picks though, not projections. It's useful for helping refine your shortlist, but I am looking for full numerical points projections for every player that I can use in my optimizer.

https://www.dailyfantasycafe.com/tools/lineupoptimizer/nba

That is a really good tool that a lot of people use...it is much more interactive than most for free

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

dy. posted:

I'm going to read this every week. He has been wrecking my otherwise pristine lineups.

I tend to stay away from split back systems, it's way too volatile in cash. Doug Martin has been a fine GPP play a couple times this year but if the team goes down then Sims gets the nod and this team will be trailing a LOT. Sims might be the better play most weeks unless they play a really bad run defense (Saints).

I gotta stop picking tight ends against Oakland....all the numbers show that they suck against tight ends but the last 3-4 weeks have been duds. Miller was too tempting at 2700 but I should have paid up for Tamme. And if not for a kick return the Broncos defense would have totally poo poo the bed this week.

I gotta start playing more NBA though, it's been MONEY so far and I don't have to wait a week to be disappointed.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Another wasted DFS night with Kobe being classified as out after being "confirmed" to play tonight....

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I've never done an NBA contest so I entered tonight's freeroll on DK ...with Kobe. I thought about doing a $1 entry or two but I'm glad I didn't. Apparently the decision came down far enough before game time, so it looks like I need to pay more attention to game-time decisions :v:

I checked at 6:40 and then at 7:11 got an update that Kobe was out. I mean I guess I have to check 5 minutes before every game but I swore 20 minutes was more than enough to set my lineups and be ok.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

jabro posted:

If anyone has D-Wade tonight get him out of your lineups. His kid is in the hospital so he isn't playing.

Holy gently caress CP3 out too....I've had like 4 days in a row with a player who was ruled out literal minutes before a game starts.

Fuuuuuuucccckkk

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Gobias Ind. posted:

FanDuel has asked me to verify my personal information in order to keep playing. Anyone else get this request yet? Apparently they're rolling it out slowly so they don't get flooded with responses. The request includes providing them with your social insurance/social security number.

Any of you guys that are more in tune with the legal side of DFS have any insight into this? I get that it's primarily for eligibility verification and tax purposes, but I feel uneasy about giving them that kind of information. Am I just being paranoid/silly?

My cousin and myself both play and he lives with us so we both had to verify our info in order to make sure there wasn't any cross accounting. It wasn't anything more than name address and proof of ID so I wasn't too worried, you would need that information when you go to cash out anyway.

I wouldn't give them a SSN or anything like that though, and my withdrawal structure is via paypal so I don't worry.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Gobias Ind. posted:

I tried submitting the form without including my SIN, but it won't accept. I'm leery of the whole thing. Are you on FanDuel that it let you do that? Or was it a different site?

I gave up on Fanduel because I hate the non PPR scoring and in between what seems to be a higher rake and no $0.25 contests I blew threw 20 bucks and called it quits.

Draftkings hasn't asked me for my SSN yet but if I needed it to withdraw the money in the account i'd give it. Otherwise I somewhat think you don't need that info for me to put money in and play, my drivers license number is fine enough.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

jabro posted:

The biggest complaint I have is not being allowed to mass update submitted lineups. What I have been doing is just making my lineups beforehand since you can store lineups, make any necessary changes right before the lock, and then mass submitting them to all the contests.

You can mass update player swaps but if you have to make multiple swaps at once you need to do them by lineup. I don't know how many lineups you have at once but I usually do around 24 quarter lineups and 2-4 double up lineups a week and I had no problems swapping out lynch for rawls and shifting much more heavy to Amendola in the flex to afford hopkins and jones.

For those who play NBA draftkings is also far superior, fanduel doesn't give extra points for double doubles or triple doubles and you can have an entire lineup tank off the back of one high priced underperformance. The pricing is also fair enough on DK to allow for some bargain prices for values and allows you to include many more studs. NBA games are much more funneled towards superstars but there are plenty of players who get good minutes that can get you value for a double double dependant on matchup and starting opportunities. The ability to research for value seems much more intuitive and makes it feel like less of a crapshoot and more entertaining.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

SurgicalOntologist posted:

He also didn't really do any research as to how to avoid the toughest competition, and ignored (or more charitably, misunderstood) the advice he was given as to which games to enter.

I won't claim there aren't any problems, but none of this is new. In response to these issues over the last several months, the sites have banned employees, introduced beginner games, lowered buy-in limits to multi-entry tournaments, introduced limits on the number of low-entry games any one player can play, introduced a stricter script policy, and made several controversial scripting features available to everyone as core features of the website.

There are still more protections needed but the sites have been doing just about everything critics are asking for. And yet no one is attributing to them even the least bit of good faith.

Finally, I can't stand the way people assume that multi-entering tournaments is basically a way to print money. If you think it's easy, go put up 100 lineups in a 25-cent tournament. You don't need to be a high-roller to try it. And on the flip side, if you look at everyone who regularly enters 100+ lineups into the most expensive tournaments, just about all of them are down money over the course of a season.

Someone buying $1000 of Powerball tickets doesn't affect the odds of my ticket winning. And if I wanted better odds I'd play a smaller game.

It's entertainment pure and simple, but it's also gambling no matter how you want to describe it via current law. To me it's much more exciting and fun than the sports book that I use in Australia because of where I live.

Like was said above, no amount of changes are going to keep people with a gambling problem from blowing a ton of money.....and that's not the fault of the website. I do appreciate that both websites are less shark friendly and it's made the whole experience a lot better for me personally with a limited bankroll.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/22/sports/football/draftkings-and-fanduel-stop-taking-bets-in-new-york.html

The writing is on the wall, biggest state down.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Fanduel sent an email out about their changes to their website too....

I'd check those changes out, they are kind of cool.

https://www.fanduel.com/bill-of-rights

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Anybody else die in a hole in cash this week? 0-7 3 line-ups (3)(3)(1)

Bloodbath on every lineup EXCEPT for the two lineups that I put into dollar games with Stafford/Pryor/Marvin Jones/ZMiller/Chiefs defense.

O

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

7th for $3K! Ties the biggest cash I had last season. Also won another $1.5K in smaller GPP cashes and double ups (I played about $1.5K this week, so would have been break-even without that big win). Not huge given how many lineups I'm entering, but it wipes out the last couple week's losses (and then some) and keeps me from moving down in stakes.

My goal for the season is to work up my bankroll until I feel comfortable mass entering the millionaire maker. Probably need 2 or 3 more weeks like this to get there.

Congrats! It's an awesome feeling winning after a good sweat, enjoy the winnings.

Twas a good week overall, I missed out on a big draftkings payday by playing Chester Rogers over Goodwin who I was initially going to play - that would have turned my 100 buck winnings into probably a thousand plus but a win is a win

Fanduel got ruined by the fact that I had Geno Smith everywhere.........my one Luck/Hilton/Doyle lineup in the milly salvaged my week some.

I feel like last week was so chalky and this week is less so, these are the weeks I like targeting with ownership going to be spread out around some places but some sneaky values (i.e Freeman with Coleman being out for the week).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Hey, I forgot to brag here. I won $20,000 on FanDuel last week! And another $8,000 on DraftKings!

First out of 22k in a $5 tournament on FD, and 4th and 10th out of 100-something k in a $3 tournament on DK.

So, it is possible to win. You just need to spend 3 years entering hundreds of lineups per week. Eventually you'll win one.

Congrats man, that's awesome!

• Locked thread