Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Ok, so I signed up for draft kings and I'm gonna do a few contests this week-end, I got free access to both of them through promo codes so it's pretty much to test the water

I'm wondering what the best strategy is for these things. Is it better to have an "even" team filled with the best consistent bang for buck, or is it better to go big+risky by having very expensive players that are a lock to get a ton of points, and pray that your ultra-cheap guys do something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Well, I had Big Rape in one of my contests. No chance I'm doing anything in that one.....

At least it was free entry for joining the site...

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Just did, and joined a few other smaller entry fee contests. I'm not used to this stuff yet so I don't want to kill my bankroll in a few weeks. Plus I'm sort of waiting for hockey to start as I feel like I might have more of an advantage there than football

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
So I did one of those 25 cent contests for fun, and I'm in the money for a 50cent gain lol

Too bad I lost most of my other contests

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I made some bad choices and finished just outside the money this week in both my contests. Ah well, always next week

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I didn't feel like putting any effort this week so I threw together a quick lineup in one of those 25 cent games hoping for a miracle

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax

lloyol posted:

I put the same NHL roster into four different games last night and cashed in all of them. ROI was 2.5x my investment but it's certainly better than nothing.

I seem to have better luck cashing in entries when it's set for a small number of games scheduled. Less variance in the scores is probably my only saving grace.

I think I'm going to switch to NHL exclusively soon

I don't know enough about Football to really make those gut calls, but NHL is a different beast. At the same time, I find NHL more of a lottery because there's no "guaranteed" points guys. Even superstars can get 0 points and rookies can score a hat trick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duro
May 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Sock The Great posted:

For a few hundred more you can draft Stafford. Who at least has Megatron upside and is playing at home.

I will be at that game, and I might pick a bunch of Detroit and Minny players for the hell of it

• Locked thread