Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Thanks Tannehill and Miller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

JoshTheStampede posted:

What's everyone looking at this week? I've only done my Last Grinder Standing lineup so far but:

Foles
Lynch
Murray
Landry
Julio
TWill
Seferian-Jenkins
Nugent
Dolphins

Wanted Eifert or Palmer but had to give somewhere.

What's Hyde at on FD? On DK he is 5100 and am taking him all day long.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

GlobalHero06 posted:

fantasydraft.com is a new dfs site and they had some big overlays last week. It looks like that will continue.

If you want, use my referral link https://www.fantasydraft.com/play/rmexico

I signed up under you. Now I have one! https://www.fantasydraft.com/play/jabro

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

OrangeKing posted:

If we're doing referral links, I'll pass one along for StarsDraft: https://www.starsdraft.com/r/r1uhkmiltp

Lots of overlay in the Millionaire Maker this week! Probably the most surprising player I fairly highly targeted this week was Nick Foles. I see no reason that he won't have at least a fairly good game against the Redskins, and he should have pretty low ownership, so a big game (which is definitely a possibility...again, Redskins) could set those lineups up for a great week.

Edit: The final score in the Milly Maker on DraftKings: over $1.55 million in free money! :woop:

Referrals are fun. Under you.

https://www.starsdraft.com/r/1bc15vq42f

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I just look at it as a lottery with some numbers having better odds of hitting. I don't expect to win but if I hit then cool.

On that note I played 5 contests on Fantasy Draft and am in the money on each. Hopefully they hold up on tomorrow's game. DK and Stars struck out. I should stop playing games with the Monday night game. The anticipation/stress of the extra day sucks.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Anyone interested in a $2 Goon league for this week on fantasydraft.com? If we get 10 people top 4 get paid?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The SituAsian posted:

So has draftkings always offered League of Legends dfs or is this new?

That's new and sad.

Edit: The degenerate in me just threw a buck on one of the contests. I picked all the top scorers and still had $9300 left over. Depending on how this goes there might be money to be made at this since I can't imagine who they are using for handicappers.

jabro fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Sep 23, 2015

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Why the hell do I play baseball? The best players are barely successful 30% of the time. That just screams losing and yet I trot a couple of lineups every week.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

RBs screwed me again. I think I'm going for stud RBs from now on.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I'm currently 2nd in one of my contests! :dance:

It's a double-up. :negative:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

ESPN posted:

FanDuel spokesperson Justine Sacco told ESPN.com on Tuesday that the company's internal data showed that DraftKings employees won 0.3 percent of the money the company has awarded in its history. While Sacco wouldn't disclose the specific number, it is known the company has given out nearly $2 billion, which would put the DraftKings employees' winnings at around $6 million.

http://espn.go.com/chalk/story/_/id/13827269/fanduel-permanently-bans-employees-playing-dfs-money-amid-inquiry

That's quite a bit more than one guy getting lucky.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Gobias Ind. posted:

So apparently FanDuel is running a promotion that if you participated in paid football games for at least 2 of the first 4 weeks of the season you are entered into a Week 5 Freeroll with a chance to win a car. I played all 4, so I can win a Porche 911 Turbo - I only need to beat like 500,000 people.

I thought I had been hacked because it just popped up in my Upcoming Games list with the worst roster I've ever seen. It was just a bunch of dudes on the IR. So if you qualify make sure to check and see if you're entered and then edit your roster.

3 of 4 weeks has a chance at a Ford Mustang
2 of 4 is a Mini

Get a job at DK to increase your odds.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I also didn't have time to put any effort into my lineups this week. I quickly threw together a $5 Fantasy Draft. Had Gurley, Sims, and Snead this morning so feel pretty good going into the afternoon games.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Varg posted:

it was going well today with Forsett/Dion Lewis/Edelman/Kamar Aiken until my TE choice of Owen Daniels decided to be invisible

Decided to? His stat line is 12-62-2. That's for the year.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

JoshTheStampede posted:

The raiders made Crockett Gilmore and Gary Barnidge look like Tony Gonzalez so Daniels not getting anything done was a bit of a surprise.

I wouldn't exactly call it a surprise but he was a great candidate in tourneys for the matchup. I was just being a typical goon picking out two words in his sentence and taking them literally than his true meaning.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

jabro posted:

I also didn't have time to put any effort into my lineups this week. I quickly threw together a $5 Fantasy Draft. Had Gurley, Sims, and Snead this morning so feel pretty good going into the afternoon games.

Keenen, Gronk, and Blounte hosed me but I still doubled my money. Fantasy Draft is where it's at until the overlay disappears.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Yuzenn posted:

That lineup looks fine...I'm just worried that my Dalton/Lewis/Edelman reliance this week bites me in the rear end. I mean I probably have 40+ lineups in between the two sites set and at least one of them are in probably 35 of them.....

If history is any indication NE players are your best bet for major points. Brady loves lighting up the Colts defense. I'm heavily playing Brady with variations of Blount/Lewis/Gronk/Edelman this week.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

You know what I see when I watch Denver's defense? Dollar signs.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

If anyone has D-Wade tonight get him out of your lineups. His kid is in the hospital so he isn't playing.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

SurgicalOntologist posted:

I absolutely love the 25-cent DraftKings games and wish FanDuel offered them too. I've been putting hundreds of lineups into them the last month or so, with some success. Although it can be kind of frustrating. I spent all afternoon yesterday trying to switch Rawls into as many lineups as possible while the DK lineup page was taking a minute to respond to every click (due to having so many lineups).

(This is why I hope they will resolve the scripting controversy by building features that one would write scripts for directly into the site. I doubt it will happen though)

That said, using the SSN thing as a reason to prefer DK over FD seems silly. Asking for your SSN is a sign of them being less shady, in my opinion: taking more precautions with the fluid legal situation, strengthening relationships with partners (e.g. payment processors), etc. If you want DFS sites to be regulated and protect you from fraud and whatnot, then you have to be okay with them asking for your SSN. (You don't have to be okay with giving it, if you don't feel they've made enough changes yet, sure. But this is clearly part of them taking steps in that direction.) I wouldn't be surprised to see DraftKings follow FanDuel here. Many of the smaller sites also ask for SSNs even before you attempt to withdraw.

The biggest complaint I have is not being allowed to mass update submitted lineups. What I have been doing is just making my lineups beforehand since you can store lineups, make any necessary changes right before the lock, and then mass submitting them to all the contests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I was hoping that it would pave a way for poker to become legal quicker but now it looks like we're back to square one. I did love seeing more hypocrisy from all the leagues showing how they only hate gambling if they are not getting a cut.

• Locked thread