Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Any news on Dion Lewis yet? I'm using him across a few 50/50s and a H2H.

Also how do you guys pick opponents for H2Hs, I see a lot of people with a lot of wins. I found one guy with 170 or so and took my shot with him, but is there a good way to find quality H2H oppononents?
Behold.

Although ironically I'm switching off of double-ups for the first time and onto H2H's so I'm going to be one of those guys that everyone is looking to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

So I switched to $1/2 H2H's last week instead of doing my normal double ups. It seems like the winning line is much higher in the H2H's, I lost with a lot of 130-140 point lineups that I feel like would normally win in a double up.

For anyone who did $25ish double ups on FanDuel this week - what was the average line?

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Marshmallow Blue posted:

My 2$ (20 team ) 50/50 was 90.1 to 170. You were in the money with 123.12 (me 10/20). The 11th place guy had 114.
Thanks. I wonder if it is just sample size or if H2H games attract higher caliber opponents.

For the record across 30 H2H's this week the average score of my opponent was 128. Which actually is very close to my average score when winning a double up - 131.

mega dy fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Oct 20, 2015

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Can any Steelers fans tell me if Landry Jones is a decent value play this week?

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Post to self: relying on Doug Martin was a surefire way to lose 10$ and miss out on 20+$ of cash. Don't be dumb don't be dumb don't be dumb.
I'm going to read this every week. He has been wrecking my otherwise pristine lineups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

This thread seems to be dying a slow death and I like daily fantasy so let's talk about some data! I plugged my FanDuel history for this season into FantasyPro's ROI Analyzer and got this:

I'm a casual player; my usual week is 3-4 $5 GPP lineups, and 1-2 $25-50 double/triple up lineups. I have a few GPPs this week that will likely hit tonight, so that should boost my GPP ROI by a couple bucks.

Some things I have learned this year:
  • I experimented with high-volume (for me), low-buyin ($1-2) H2H's for two weeks. I cherrypicked low-win opponents using that browser extension and still ate poo poo. I found that on average, the score line for H2H's was significantly higher than that of double ups. I stopped entering H2H's for that reason.
  • I moved from primarily entering double-ups to primarily entering triple-ups about mid season, and got a little better at safer lineup construction for those kinds of contests. I did this because anecdotally, it seems like 95% of the time when I win a double-up, the score would have been good enough to win a triple-up.
  • I'm doing well in GPPs, and the numbers are not skewed by any really big wins. I think this is because I listen to a non-DFS podcast that has a weekly FanDuel tournament. It's golden. Many players on it are there because of the podcast and don't know anything about DFS. I would recommend finding and playing in these kinds of tournaments whenever possible; the scoring lines are generally well below typical GPPs.
  • Most weeks I take my favorite tourney lineup and enter it into a large-field GPP. It is almost always my worst-performing lineup.

In general I am a DFS babby and I would love to see the output of some other players to see if we can draw any other conclusions.

mega dy fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Dec 14, 2015

• Locked thread