Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

Duro posted:

Just did, and joined a few other smaller entry fee contests. I'm not used to this stuff yet so I don't want to kill my bankroll in a few weeks. Plus I'm sort of waiting for hockey to start as I feel like I might have more of an advantage there than football

I feel you on that but with NBA. I feel like my grip on the NFL is decent but I'm really interested for NBA action to see how that compares.

My only real worry is that the player pool will likely be a lot smaller and refined, whereas I feel like they're catering perfectly to fish like me during NFL season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003

Donte Moncrief and Brandon Marshall pulled it out for me at the end! I had little to no hope of doing anything this week, and of my 9 lineups, only 2 won. I spent $25 and won back $13 (159.2pts in the 1m Play Action and 147.92 in the 250k beginner play action).

All in all, for a first-timer with a net loss of $12 I had a good time with DK this weekend and see the potential to enjoy this (while hopefully min-cashing) as an alternative to being in a sports book during game day weekends.

TheKevman fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Sep 22, 2015

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

And considering the stance on normal sports betting (sportscenter can't even mention point spreads/margins for the NFL. . .)

They have an entire segment with Cousin Sal on SportsCenter every Thursday where they talk about exactly this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpeZNoEXwO0

TheKevman fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Sep 22, 2015

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I see, it's been a while since I've had cable and regularly was able to watch SportsCenter, I wonder when the NFL decided to relax on that one, or maybe it was only the actual broadcasts that they don't let talk of gambling in.

Yeah I think it's the actual broadcasts. ESPN has a section on their website now called ESPN Chalk which details entirely with sports betting and prop stuff. Cousin Sal was amazing on Sports Center last year, especially down the stretch. Guy couldn't lose and it was must-see TV lol.

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003

-Danny Woodhead
-Michael Crabtree
-Doug Baldwin

Thanks for torpedoing my shot at LIFE-CHANGING MONEY on DRAFTKINGS.COM!

A 190 pt roster consisting of Cam/Olson stack with AP, Jamaal Charles and Seattle Defense died at the hands of those 3 (and Edelman not getting a TD :( ).

Really, Woodhead and John Brown hurt me quite a bit across the board (I'm less upset about Brown though, he was an acknowledged risk). Woodhead was feeling solid though :(

Not that any of this will prevent me from reloading on Woodhead this weekend against Cleveland, of course ;-*

TheKevman fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Sep 29, 2015

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003

Can someone talk me out of starting Alex Smith against Chicago @ KC? $5,500 seems like a deal on DK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003

Welp, made my first major mistake of setting a lineup at 9am and not looking back.

I scored my highest week so far on Draft Kings (212 pts) and had Antonio Gates in all 8 of my rosters.

When I started watching the Raiders/Chargers game and they announced Ladarius Green I wanted to :puke:

I had a really nice core of Doug Martin/Todd Gurley/Lamar Miller/Rams Defense on like 7/8 lineups but getting a big fat ZERO at the TE position really hosed me.

A 20-30 point night from Gates would have moved me from (around) $13 to (around) $150ish on like 5 entries :(

• Locked thread