Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

What's the best way to find GPP with overlay? I'm only on DraftKings so far but will probably diversify as the season (and my DFS knowledge) progresses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

I, too, did terribly with GPPs this week. The only consolation is that many people bombed in cash games so it wasn't too bad to at least break even there. RBs set me back quite a bit but I think my only saving grace was WRs like Julio and Edelman, plus Denver defense.

The one takeaway from it all is that bankroll management is key.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Tortilla Maker posted:

I spent $3 and won back $4 on DK.

I see this more as a supplement to the fantasy league I'm in with co-workers. I doubt I'll spend more than $5 in a single week (and even that would be rare).

I play in a league with longtime friends that has money on the line but is mostly for bragging rights and having fun. DFS gives me an outlet for taking things "seriously," and lets me justify the amount of time that I spend reading about fantasy stuff online so that I don't have to drag down the season long league by being a tryhard. My friends league is a lot more fun now that I can play a bit looser and not worry about anything since I'm stressing over my daily lineups instead.

I dipped my toes in week 1 and won $20 from about $10 in entries. Week 2 I entered more contests but did pretty poorly, bringing my net profit to $.10 total so far. Onward to week 3!

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

CompeAnansi posted:

So Jordan Reed hit 4x value on DK last night, which is a great start to the week. He also had two wide open targets in the endzone that Cousins was too inaccurate to captialize on, so it could have been a much bigger game. If his cost stays low I think he'll be a great value for the next few weeks since he is getting a ton of targets and is by far their best red zone option.

I saw how cheap he was and threw him into a lineup that I entered in a handful of games. Kinda wish I had done more, but I was strapped for time and threw in placeholders for everyone else just to get an entry in time for TNF.

Are there any updates on DeMarco Murray? PPR in DK helps quite a bit and I feel like Sproles can be a great value this week if Murray is limited at all.

Current lineup:

Palmer $6600
Sproles $3800
Woodhead $4400
Julio $9000
Edelman $7300
D Adams $5000
Reed $3800
L Bell $7500
Falcons $2900

Like I said, I threw it together in a rush because I just wanted to lock something in with Reed so maybe I'll end up with some changes.

Teeter fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Sep 25, 2015

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Woodhead hurt me quite a bit this week. So did accidentally picking Cowboys DST in one of my GPP plays... it was honestly an accident and I was confused when I saw them in my lineup but it was too late. Everyone else was such high scoring that I didn't cash with rosters that had 145 pts but did with one that hit 170, unfortunately I did not enter many with that one. My meek winnings were wiped out from this week to put me at a net loss is $20 on the season but that's what bankroll management is for, and it's been fun nonetheless. Gonna claw my way back into the black.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

I had a bunch of Lamar Miller in my cash lineups but when I got the Antonio Gates news, I decided to switch him out and thought "well now I can use this extra salary to upgrade my RB!"

I didn't end up keeping him in any lineup :smith:

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Marshmallow Blue posted:

I know it's still a very small sample size, but I've had a pretty good first 2 weeks in DFS.

Anyone else like Gurley and Chris Johnson (vs CLE) this week?

Much better than me so far. Definitely a small sample size but best of luck with keeping that going.

My cumulative profit is down quite a bit for NFL but I'm really only like $10 shy of my initial deposit because I won a little off of some dumb NHL freeroll during their playoffs last year. Maybe I only have this much still because I took a few weeks off, but who knows.

https://www.dailyfantasynerd.com is useful for some stats. I have an extremely small sample size (54 cash games, 19 GPP) so there's very little to glean from it, but it does show that I'm profitable in H2H and losing money everywhere else.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

How many different cash lineups do you guys enter in a given week? Do you try to cover the variance by entering more H2H contests with one lineup, or create a handful of lineups with fewer entries each so that you limit your exposure to any given player?

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

I've wondered how it translates to NHL as well. I am significantly more knowledgeable about the game itself compared to other sports but I haven't done much research or know anything at all about how to apply that towards fantasy. It's so much more hit/miss compared to some other sports.

There have been a bunch of daily free rolls on DK so I'm using that to get my feet wet and learn a bit about the scoring. So far it seems like you can get a high floor by grabbing D-men on bad teams with low possession stats and lots of shot blocking, and plus good goalies are capable of putting up a lot of consistent points so seems worth the salary investment. Aside from that it's hard to get a feel for it without doing much research. Points can be streaky so I'll probably focus a lot on players that get a lot of PP/PK time more than anything.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Yuzenn posted:

Whelp, if you didn't play Brees or Eli or Odell or Watson you basically lost money this week.

Forsett, Dalton, Green and Bell all were such disappointing plays.

Even the cash games are scoring like 250.....there goes the bankroll

I had none of the big plays and managed to break even somehow :toot:

Doing pretty badly overall but I'm glad to only be down $10 from my initial deposit this far in to the season.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

AnacondaHL posted:

Broke even as well sans crazy record setting performance players, although my cash lineups that carried me did play Julio Jones and Todd Gurley.

:unsmith: :hf: :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

This week was pretty crazy. My average winning roster gets 160 points, but this week everything did well over 170 and I still lost a bunch to go down $10 out of $30 in play. I think it was bad bankroll management on my part because when I look at it now I was just outside of the bubble on a lot of double ups. Had I done more H2H or 50/50 then I would have come out a lot differently.

• Locked thread