Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I think that without his particular set of circumstances as they were, Brady may have never started a single NFL game. But let's pretend anyway that he does come in and start for the Colts. The Colts were a weaker team throughout most of the last 20 years. A lot of their success relied on being carried by a hall of fame QB. Not so much with the Patriots - Tom Brady wasn't even that great until about his fourth or fifth year, and was largely carried through three super bowl wins by a great coach and a great defense. The term "Game Manager" was thrown around quite a bit.

On another team I don't think Brady would have lasted those 4-5 years to become what he is now. It's quite possible he'd have become a career backup, drifting around the league once his rookie contract was done. Maybe he comes in and has a good game somewhere and ends up with a starting contract, and maybe that doesn't even pan out. Basically, Matt Flynn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread