Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
All I want is an expanded Purple Rain and a remastered Sign O The Times. My CD copy sounds so lovely.

New album: ehhhhh. I was more excited about all those remixes of Gett Off that were uploaded to Tidal the other day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

On first listen, "ROCKNROLL LOVEAFFAIR" is a re-recorded version of the single from a few years back. At least the horns are slightly different.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

Prince announced an Australian tour happening 10 days from now because why the gently caress not.

Prince’s Piano & A Microphone tour
Tuesday, February 16 – State Theatre, Melbourne (Two performances)
Wednesday, February 17 – State Theatre, Melbourne (Two performances)
Saturday, February 20 – Opera House, Sydney (Two performances)
Sunday, February 21 – State Theatre, Sydney (Two performances)
Wednesday, February 24 – ASB Theatre, Auckland (Two performances)

Really looking forward to seeing him at the loving Opera House of all places. This was very unexpected.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

Apparently all Aus shows have sold out. Not sure if that includes the $950 seats where you're slightly closer to the stage, get a special tshirt, and have early access to the merch table.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

I am so glad I saw him back in February. He owned that stage like nobody else ever could.

Double J has been playing Prince non-stop all weekend. It's been fantastic.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

I just listen to 'It's Gonna Be A Beautiful Night' on repeat. That is a classic.

Rage played Prince videos from Saturday 11.30pm to Sunday 6am. Right in the middle was a full live set that I'd never seen before. It seemed to be from just after Purple Rain was released, as he had The Time and Apollonia 6 onstage for the encore, as well as Sheila E on drums. It was loving killer.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

Sign O' The Times was also released on Blu-Ray in Australia. I watched it a few weeks back... as a movie it is complete garbage but at least the music is good.

Also, 'U Got The Look' inexplicably reverts back to VHS quality. It's really jarring and makes no sense.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

Cemetry Gator posted:

It's a shame his videos have essentially disappeared. He was a part of early MTV, and there just really isn't any way to see them.

That's why I recorded all seven hours of Rage last weekend, they played just about every video he made. If I'd been better planned I'd have got another hour from early Saturday morning as well. Most of them I hadn't seen before, because guest programmers always choose either 'Sign O The Times', which is the most dull video ever, or 'Gett Off'. Sometimes 'Kiss'. Everything else is forgotten.

Now I have a HDD full of Prince videos I don't know what to do with.

Creature fucked around with this message at 22:01 on May 8, 2016

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

loving Tidal. They've made some of those rare albums available to buy, but not the One Nite Alone Live set. Only the poo poo like C-Note.

Of course the asking price on eBay is $250+. Bastards.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

I don't know when they were added, but the 'Indigo Nights' and 'One Nite Alone... Live/One Nite Alone... The Aftershow' sets are available to buy on Tidal now. I'm fairly sure they've been streaming only since they were added to the catalogue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

Remastered deluxe edition of Purple Rain coming early 2017 along with a second disc of unreleased material. This is what I've been waiting for.

http://pitchfork.com/news/69180-prince-purple-rain-reissue-greatest-hits-album-announced/

There's also yet another greatest hits package coming next month. One previously unreleased track, nothing from after 1995, and it includes Batdance, which must be a first for Prince compilations.

• Locked thread