Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

On my first listen of Hit N Run all I could think was "what the gently caress did I just buy", but I am solidly digging it on repeat listens. X's Face, Like a Mack, June, and 1000 X's and O's are the standouts. It's good to hear Prince being weirdly experimental again, and there's some serious flashes of funk and rock brilliance scattered through the EDM, on which your tolerance of will be crucial. All in all, a pretty exciting album, even if it takes a bit to get going. As per tradition, some are cringeworthy, some are great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Loved phase one, stoked that this is already dropping. Is this getting a physical release or what?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

chime_on posted:

Yeah, but the shows don't sell out, generally. The last time I saw him, everyone entering the venue got to just head down to the closest seats because the venue was like half empty.

I don't know what Prince shows you've been to, but here in the Bay Area tickets sell out like crazy anytime he comes by. He packs the house, arena or small venue.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I went to the Oracle Arena show on the 4th, it was incredible. Purple Music was played, as was Dirty Mind, Thieves in the Temple, Venus De Milo, and The Beautiful Ones in full. Here's a full setlist http://www.princevault.com/index.php/04_March_2016

They also handed out Hit N Run Phase 2 on the way out, so I finally got to listen to it. It's a step back from how fresh and exciting Phase 1 sounded, with some really insipid tracks like Screwdriver and When She Comes, but it has a solid, meaty middle portion in Stare, Xtraloveable, and Groovy potential. Also closes with some pretty solid tracks. It's all the way a funk and R&B Prince album as opposed to the experimental nature of the last one, but pretty forgettable by comparison. Still, stoked to have my hands on it, seeing as a physical release has yet to pop up anywhere.

man nurse fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Mar 8, 2016

• Locked thread