Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Call Me Charlie posted:

(current missing albums are: Lovesexy, The Black Album, The Gold Experience

Thread Discussion Topic: "Gold" is one of his best songs :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Call Me Charlie posted:

i guess you're right. sorry prince. thanks for adding the truth and the war npg single to tidal.

on a related note

welcome 2 the dawn says ffffffffffffuck you

Does Welcome 2 the Dawn officially declare you as a member of the New Power Generation when it's done? Sorry I can't hear what you're saying I'm too busy hangin out with my crew - the New Power Generation.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Creature posted:

Prince announced an Australian tour happening 10 days from now because why the gently caress not.

Prince’s Piano & A Microphone tour
Tuesday, February 16 – State Theatre, Melbourne (Two performances)
Wednesday, February 17 – State Theatre, Melbourne (Two performances)
Saturday, February 20 – Opera House, Sydney (Two performances)
Sunday, February 21 – State Theatre, Sydney (Two performances)
Wednesday, February 24 – ASB Theatre, Auckland (Two performances)

Really looking forward to seeing him at the loving Opera House of all places. This was very unexpected.

That's his thing these days - he announced a concert in Baltmiore on a Thursday, and the concert was on a Sunday. He's basically like "Look, I'm Prince, it's not like it won't sell out in 2 minutes anyway."

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

2016 is officially the worst year in the history of everything.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

I think this might be my favorite tribute so far. As much as Purple Rain is the best song ever god drat created, it's the only song anyone's covering as a tribute to him. No one knows about Snows in April as a Prince song, and it's like 200% relevant to cover. Also seeing D'Angelo tear up :(

I have been noticing that Youtube users have been on the mindset of "Quick! Prince is dead! Post all your poo poo to Youtube and it won't be taken down for a bit!", which has been nice to see a good number of concert clips from way back.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

DrVenkman posted:

Given that they're still probably arguing over money and who's controlling what, it'll likely be a long time before any of that stuff, outside of bootlegs, gets any sort of official release. Even then his vault material will get priority I imagine.

Speaking of, it's somehow oddly poetic that his final public performance was of Purple Rain.

And even sadder/equally poetic that right before that was "Sometimes it Snows in April" :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Call Me Charlie posted:

They ruled in favor of the trust. We may see some official things much sooner than people expected.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7400354/prince-estate-open-for-business-judge-ruling

Honestly, I hope they put together a Experience Hendrix Paisley Park tour with The Time, The Family, Shelia E and any other former protegees they can rope in.

The Revolution are reuniting to tour as a tribute :fap:

• Locked thread