Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

MinibarMatchman posted:

Bowie and Prince dead in the span of the same 4 month span, jesus christ.

Gorillaz please salvage this poo poo year of music

thanks, in tough times like this its good to laugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I don't think anyone alive comes closer to Prince than D'Angelo. Granted, he's like 1/10th as prolific, but he idolized Prince and has the songwriting and performing chops to match. And that voice is unmatched.

A few years ago, Meshell Ndgeocello did a Prince tribute concert. The recording was impossible to find as it happened in the midst of Prince's anti-internet spree. But she's another artist who was deeply influenced by Prince and IMO came close to his level. Hoping some stuff leaks.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

lol someone on prince.org linked to a post on Reddit where a poster made a joke about Bluelight posters always saying SWIM (someone who isn't me) when they talk about doing drugs, and included the phrase "the artist formerly known as prince" and now they think that guy was in on it

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

They're losing their motherfucking minds on that site. More so than usual. They're convinced he was murdered. Or at least a lot of them are. It's insane.

Yeah, I have an acquaintance who has been blaming his death on Warner since day one. Facebook posts about how Prince upset powerful people (apparently by criticizing his label decades ago?)

Sometimes an OD is just an OD.

• Locked thread