Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Gotta say this game channels RtCW extremely well. I was having flashbacks to that goddamn church full of those loving silent-SMG-wielding-pinpoint-accurate-way-too-loving-fast SS bitches in that game for the whole section.
Not too sure what to make of the game on the whole. It's way shallower and less complex than TNO but at the same time it feels more... Wolfenstein? I'm just sad it doesn't have the goofy-rear end superweapons of RtCW and 2009.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Samovar posted:

I like that Helga pronounces Franz 'France' when she sees it's Blazko... but what type of an accent does she have? It's not like any German accent I know of.

Pretty sure she's emulating a poo poo american accent to mock him.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Speedball posted:

It's possibly also the source of the zombie chemical turning everyone into zombies, too. It's leaking reanimant.

I wonder if it's not supposed to be King Otto himself, the final terrible result of his attempts at immortality.

And it was nice seeing Annette and her ?girlfriend? again there at the end. :3:

Cythereal fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Oct 14, 2015

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

And it should be clear, considering the descriptions of his laser cannons and stuff, that King Otto probably did a more limited version of what the Nazis end up doing in TNO and found a small Da'at Yichud cache that he stole to try to win his own wars. Especially considering Helga has their artifacts laying around from her dig.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010
Considering that various supernatural forces are clearly real in the setting and the beast is roughly a thousand years old at least, you have to wonder: did armies of the past summon zombies and golems to use as weapons of war? Are these thing accepted history in the Wolfenstein world? Were people zombified and wreaking havoc during the 30 years war?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
That's not Otto. There;s a letter from Otto telling the abbot to shut it all down and burn in to the ground.

The golem is the weapon that help Otto to be the HRE emperor.

It comes from documents he found in Constantinople.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Night10194 posted:

And it should be clear, considering the descriptions of his laser cannons and stuff, that King Otto probably did a more limited version of what the Nazis end up doing in TNO and found a small Da'at Yichud cache that he stole to try to win his own wars. Especially considering Helga has their artifacts laying around from her dig.

You know if past jewish technology vaults were found and caused mass destruction, one wonders why they kept making more vaults.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Iretep posted:

You know if past jewish technology vaults were found and caused mass destruction, one wonders why they kept making more vaults.

Have you ever met an engineer?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Night10194 posted:

Have you ever met an engineer?

This piece of fanart from the Endless Space LP speaks for long-vanished precursors and mad wizards/scientists/engineers throughout fiction:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Thank you Lazyfire for another great LP! You rag on yourself about the last episode, but I really like your narration style combined with such smooth and well-made games as the new Wolfensteins :)

BJ's inner monologue stuff is just harrowing :(

Rappaport fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Oct 14, 2015

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
That was a dope LP.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
I'm interested in how Otto managed to spin that demon straight from hell as a God's angel aiding him in battle.

Cool LP, Lazyfire.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Trogdos! posted:

I'm interested in how Otto managed to spin that demon straight from hell as a God's angel aiding him in battle.

Cool LP, Lazyfire.

The forces of heaven have given this tortured sinner the ability to redeem itself by fighting in the lord's name beside us!

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Trogdos! posted:

emperor's new clothes/they look like monsters to you?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

hard counter posted:

emperor's new clothes/they look like monsters to you?

Ever read the Bible? Angels are usually described as pretty drat weird looking, thus why the first words out of their mouths are usually "Do not be afraid!"

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Cythereal posted:

Ever read the Bible? Angels are usually described as pretty drat weird looking, thus why the first words out of their mouths are usually "Do not be afraid!"

And, typically, if the next words out of the multitude of mouths that covered them weren't "The Lord sent me" or "Do not be afraid!" then they were destroying your city.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

citybeatnik posted:

And, typically, if the next words out of the multitude of mouths that covered them weren't "The Lord sent me" or "Do not be afraid!" then they were destroying your city.

So you're saying that Ronald Reagan's "I'm from the government and I'm here to help" was a Biblical reference and not a call to arms for sovereign citizen morons?

I'm glad people enjoyed the LP, it was one of those things were I wanted to do it almost as soon as I finished the game, which was exactly the way I felt after beating TNO for the first time. I think that reflects really well on Machinegames and their products. The silenced pistols on the last boss, by the way, can't crank out enough damage to kill him and he'll still swing at you if you shoot him in the mouth like another poster mentioned.

I'm hoping to find the time to record the letters at some point before this weekend and have them up before Monday, but don't quote me on that, I had to struggle to find time to post the video because this week is kind of crazy for me. That said, I'm also probably taking some serious time between now and when I start my next LP, mostly because I want to play MGSV and some other games in my backlog before committing to something else. In the meantime you could always look into these LPs:

Subponticate Poster's Dragon Age: Inquisition
Tin Tim's Unreal: The Awakening
dscruffy1's Half Minute Hero II
Coolguye and LastRoboKy playing Dishonored
DoctorStrangelove is struggling to find meaning in life by playing Daikatana
Genocyber's somewhat slow Bloodborne

These LPs and more are keeping me occupied for the time being, I'm also being amazed by a slowly more uncoordinated Canadian playing Metal Gear games, but mostly because I thought Canadians had better alcohol tolerance. THAT'S RIGHT, DANARU, COME FIGHT ME IN THE LPFWA!

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Why would anyone play, let alone lp daikatana :v:

Also I somehow missed the Canuck Gear lp, so thanks for that.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Lazyfire posted:

So you're saying that Ronald Reagan's "I'm from the government and I'm here to help" was a Biblical reference and not a call to arms for sovereign citizen morons?

Well, Reagan looks like a flaming wheel with multiple eyes from some angles... wait, no, that's Nixon.

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde
Very nicely done.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

The collected letters of Wolfenstein: The Old Blood are finally here.

One of the things I thought was interesting about the slate of letters in The Old Blood was the amount of them that dealt with King Otto's hand in the creation of the last boss. If nothing else it gives you an idea of the hints Helga had for what she would find in Wulfberg and how it still left her utterly unprepared for what was there. That aside, these are also not, as a whole, as long as the letters in TNO. I can't really offer an explanation for this besides the obvious: people haven't had to live under the Nazis for as long as they would have in TNO. By the time TNO really kicks off the Nazis would have had been in power in Germany for nearly 30 years and a bit less in places you visit like Poland. By the time this game takes place they've been in power for about 13 years and some of the more brutal aspects of the regime only hit places like Wulfberg in the recent past, so some of the memories of good times are still fresh and haven't crystallized into the idyllic remembrances of better days and maybe more importantly, the pessimism that things will never improve that ran through much of the discovered correspondence in TNO hasn't set in for many of the characters writing these letters.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
It has been discussed before but Man in the HIgh Castle tv show comes out in a month, I made a thread for it in TVIV: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748275
Recent trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQhXKW5SwGA
I'm letting you know that this weekend you can watch the first two episodes for free if you live in a region with Amazon prime. Considering that there is a bit of crossover with the game I though I should let you all know.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RSI4S1E/ref=dv_dp_ep1

I can't wait for a sequel to be announced for the game though. I would not say no to a multiplayer component either, Dirty Bomb is fun but it isn't Enemy Territory.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

So it's long overdue, but I've gone ahead and requested this LP and the Shadow of Mordor LP get archived, which says a ton about my motivation to do so and my free time as of late. I'll probably be closing both threads by the end of the weekend, though I'm imagining that neither thread has a ton of active followers/traffic at this point so eh, it may be sooner than that.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

Lazyfire posted:

So it's long overdue, but I've gone ahead and requested this LP and the Shadow of Mordor LP get archived, which says a ton about my motivation to do so and my free time as of late. I'll probably be closing both threads by the end of the weekend, though I'm imagining that neither thread has a ton of active followers/traffic at this point so eh, it may be sooner than that.

In that case I'll nip in quickly just to say thanks for presenting a superb LP.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Yeah, both the Wolfenstein LPs were great fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

So if anyone is still interested in playing these games you should totally check out the Steam Sale where both the New Order and The Old Blood are on sale for under $10. Completely worth it.

Thanks for watching, everyone. The rebirth of Wolfenstein is one of those pleasant surprises in gaming that are far too few and far between and if the game weren't so good I doubt this thread would have been as active or interesting as it was.

• Locked thread