Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

1stGear posted:

Why on Earth would any think its a good idea to send BJ on an undercover mission

That's easy. It's not so he has to deal with Stealth, but rather it's to put him into a position such that when his cover is eventually blown, he is surrounded by Nazi's, and thus it matters not which direction he goes, Nazis will die! ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berryjon
May 30, 2011

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Wolfenstein: Invisible Empire - Nazi super-science vs. Klan magic. (The magic of course being stolen Catholic/African magic)

Better idea!

Nazi Super Science/Pseudo-Norse Mysticism vs British/Celtic Mythology, American Science, and the Mysticism of Africa and MesoAmerica!

berryjon
May 30, 2011

chiasaur11 posted:

Well, he also plays guitar.

There's more than that! He also gets a girlfriend, and finds joy hanging out with other people to like to kill Nazis as much as he does!

berryjon
May 30, 2011

Lazyfire posted:

Have you ever wanted to play a video game based on a '70's cop show? Too loving bad, they made a game like that anyways and called it LA Cops. Unfortunately, they didn't bother making the game actually good, or long enough to justify associating a price with the game. I cleared my first run of the game in about two hours and that was with a half hour idle time between the second to last and last mission.

Why would you do this to yourself, Lazyfire? What possible motivation could you have to put that game in the same thread as BJ?!?

So, yeah. I would love to see more if only to see where this 'plot' is going.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

Man, such subtle characterization with that last exchange. BJ doesn't even blink when Kessler says he'll take care of the girl after he's gone, with the implication that he's not expecting to leave Wulfburg alive.

Why can't other games do this?

berryjon
May 30, 2011

Speedball posted:

I know, right? Why does a game where you go ballistic with dual-wielded assault rifles on cyber-Nazis have any right to subtlety?

Probably for the same reason that Spec-Ops is so good. Sure, you've got your generic shooter there, but the care and attention to the characters makes everything else better.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

Um...

BJ didn't put his grenades into the box. Or his knives. The joke is incomplete. ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berryjon
May 30, 2011

So that's how BJ will survive the end of the New Order! He's got this Flaming Nazi Zombie thing going on, and being BJ, will not be evil!

• Locked thread