Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Hell yeah. Been looking forward to this LP since you finished TNO. :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

OK, one thing that's bothering me is that we're told Rudi feeds prisoners to his dogs. But the guy we see him dragging is speaking German and looks pretty Aryan? I guess he could be a deserter but that brings up the question of why anyone would desert from the Wehrmacht when the war's going so well for them, particularly a cushy guard job way behind the front lines.

Unless Rudi has German-speaking prisoners (whether Allied or not) bussed in specifically for his dogs? :stonklol: That'd certainly add another layer to the insanity and now that I think about it that's the most logical explanation. The Den is a research base not a prison or frontline stockade that POWs would naturally end up at. Although I'm probably putting more thought into this than MachineGames did.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

paragon1 posted:

It will always be funny to me that BJ is a spy. And not some kind of secret weapons project.

He is. The War Department wanted to see if they could implant a masonry block into a man's jaw. They succeeded.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

BJ rammed a pipe straight through a dude's steel helmet. :stare:

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Night10194 posted:

I know, that was the joke.

Nazis were awful at everything and their economy basically got steadily worse the more non-nazi economists and officials they purged and replaced with nazis.

I mean, heck, it's one of the key plot points in Wolfenstein, and one I appreciate: They didn't invent all this stuff. They stole it. From Jews.

The Nazis literally had an idiotic line of thought called Aryan Physics! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deutsche_Physik

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Night10194 posted:

Swinging first gets you pretty far in a fight.

There's really no reason Hitler shouldn't have quickscoped the Russians right out of the war too which meant the Nazis would've pretty much held on. But the Big H liked to play soldier and diverted his troops to some lame oil fields just south of Moscow or whatever over his generals' objections. And that gave the Russian winter enough time to mobilize.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

JFairfax posted:

oil is somewhat important when you're fighting a war

Yeah-huh, and on the other hand the results of how Barbarossa played out speak for themselves. The oil was important long-term for sure, but the winter was closer at hand and the Germans had other oil fields for the moment. The majority of German command disagreed with Hitler's move to the south versus a decapitation strike on Moscow ASAP.

I mean, the Germans weren't going to capture Britain without the help of alien space bats or anything like that but there's no reason that a hypothetical post-war Axis alliance not run by idiots couldn't rule over and/or maintain major influence over mainland Europe, Asia, and Africa. But if they hadn't been run by idiots they never would've been fascists in the first place, so~~

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Neruz posted:

To be fair at this point in the timeline they have no idea that BJ needs to be taken into account.

Nah earlier on BJ says he's seen the Supersoldiers in the X-Labs before so RTCW happened in some form at least.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Klaus88 posted:

I want Wolfenstein: A New World's Nazi Nightmare, set in the United States with the majority of white people being white quisling style collaborators and the resistance being formed of blacks and other minorities, if only to watching the absolutely EPIC see-sawing that would ensue from terrible people on the internet.

This wasn't the path Lazyfire took in his TNO LP but if you save the boring character at the beginning instead of the Scottish/Irish dude, you get "J" at the Resistance base. J definitely isn't Jimmy Hendrix and he talks about how the U.S. did just that after the Germans nuked NYC.

Neruz posted:

I believe we must assume that Robo-Hitler did indeed happen and that BJ ended him.

Presumably we can thank Deathshead for Robo-Hitler.

IIRC RTCW was itself a reboot of the original Wolf games. If TNO is technically not a reboot but a very loose continuation of the RTCW timeline then the original Wolf 3D encounter between Mecha-Hitler and BJ never happened.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

If you look at the engraving on the Bombenschuss scope, on the bottom left it says "Dioptre 4x 30mm" which means that it magnifies the image four times and the diameter of the scope lens is 30mm. Those are fairly typical specifications for a scout scope intended for mid-range combat. I think it's pretty cool when devs show their research and throw in a bit of detail that 90% of players will never care about. :shobon:

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

BJ already tanks head wounds by eating dog food so my suspension of disbelief wouldn't be any more strained by a woman dual wielding shotguns. Anya has plenty of really interesting plot threads and motivation to carry on with. Especially considering what might've happened at the end of TNO assuming they really go there.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

JcDent posted:

OK, who's ruling the rest?

Remember this is still in 1946. The war isn't technically over yet.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

In TNO, one of the combat barks is "Oh nein, feuer!"

I totally suggested in TNO thread to one of the MachineGames guys that the sequel have a guard yell "Oh heil nein!" Fingers crossed!

JcDent posted:

EDIT: it's totally that. I actually felt pity for Rudi during the execution, and I somewhat agreed with my girlfriend that the game is extremely violent.

I had a similar disgusted reaction with the first kill in Infinite. Sure, you just killed a police officer by ripping his throat out with a hook, but he's probably racist so that's OK. Sure, game, whatever.

He was trying to imprison and/or kill me for exceptionally lovely reasons. I didn't dwell on the scene and I don't think I'm especially hardcore.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

TBF I felt bad for Greta. She's just a dog, she didn't know anything about Nazis and probably really was the happiest dog in Germany. :smith:

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Eugenics and such were pretty popular in the West during the interwar period and was even considered the enlightened humane thing to do as a part of the white man's burden. Perennial nerd icon H.P. Lovecraft couldn't shut the gently caress up about how his insanity-inducing fishmen from R'yleh were a condemnation of race mixing. It really took the concentration camps to get people to go :gonk: and rethink that position.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

What, can you only fit so many different races in a game because of all the griffins and fantasy monsters? If it's fantasy, what exactly is stopping you from saying 'and the races interacted a lot here'?

The Witcher is set in circa-1200's Poland where the all the myths are true, so that'd be what's stopping them. If Projekt Red was based out of Spain telling stories about local folk fantasy set during El Cid's rule it's safe to assume that wouldn't be the case, but it's not the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

As fun as it is to imply that wyverns are more plausible than black people, it's even funner to imply that a world where wyverns existed wouldn't have had racism/apartheid during their equivalent of the Middle Ages. :psyduck:

• Locked thread