Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

As someone who enjoyed your The New Order LP, I am looking forward to this one as well.

As for Agent One/Wesley returning from the grave but looking different that the previous one, I would not be surprised if this Wesley was supposed to be nod to how (as of this posting) 6 different actors have all played the same character, super spy James Bond.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

1stGear posted:

Why on Earth would any think its a good idea to send BJ on an undercover mission
BJ may have chicken fried rear end for a stealth stat, but any mission he's sent on will guarantee a significant amount of dead Nazis left in his wake, meaning everyone else has to worry about less Nazis to kill, which means good news for everyone else.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

RickVoid posted:

I'm not going to even touch that ridiculous gun he's holding. It has three barrels and what I can only assume is some kind of very, very large scope? It's like they married a grenade launcher to I don't even know what.
TNO has a sniper rifle that has a secondary mode that turns it into a laser rifle by flipping the scope to one side. Just accept that...whatever young BJ is holding is the product of Crazy Nazi ScienceTM and all will be better.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Samovar posted:

We're gonna kill Rudi's dog in front of his eyes, aren't we?
Given BJ's history, absolutely. And probably in the most painful way possible (for both Greta and Rudi).

Alternate option: We somehow trick Greta into attacking Rudi, and Rudi accidentally kills Greta in the confusion. Cue the Rudi Jager boss fight.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

DeusExMachinima posted:

BJ rammed a pipe straight through a dude's steel helmet. :stare:
Well, BJ's plan is to kill all the Nazis in his way. Even if it means using sporadic feats of superhuman strength to increase the body count.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Anime Reference posted:

I think this game represents the point in the Wolfenstein timeline where the Nazis decide that this supernatural stuff is more trouble than it's worth and go pure stolen Jewish technomagic.
It also helps that BJ has pretty much brutally murdered or severely incapacitated the Nazi commanders who delve into the supernatural by this point, leaving Deathshead (and his lieutenants, Helga aside) as the only commander around with the strength to push his tech-based agenda on the rest of the regime.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Night10194 posted:

This is actually the canon explanation.

The SS Paranormal Division's status is almost entirely 'Murdered to death by BJ.' at this point.
And Helga, as well as Rudi and Greta for that matter, are all that remain before the status changes to "100% extinct".

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Night10194 posted:

Wyatt isn't boring. He's a good and fun guy.

He's just up against one of the best NPCs in gaming.
Wyatt's other issue is that the armor boosts he gives usually are not as valuable as the health boosts Fergus gives. And of course, nervous American rookie vs. grizzled Scottish veteran will always lean in Fergus' favor.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I'm kind of bummed that Greta was finished off with the regular dog kill animation instead of a unique one.

She's coming back as a Lovecraftian superhorror later on, isn't she? :ohdear:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Cythereal posted:

Alternatively, give her a Da'at Yichud exoskeleton or the like and go the opposite direction.

Personally, I can't help but be a bit irritated that the idea of a female protagonist instantly makes people think it must be a stealth game rather than an action game.
In Anya's case, I think people assume it'd be stealth-based because (:siren:TNO spoilers within:siren:) she admits to BJ to have been a serial killer targeting Nazis during BJ's hospitalization (so at least from 1946 to 1960), and given her past, a more stealth-based game is what people would expect out of someone like Anya, regardless of gender.

Granted, I would adore Anya charging Super Soldats with nothing but dual auto-shotguns and not giving a poo poo. My bigger concern is how a sequel to The New Order would handle the Fergus/Wyatt situation. Does some plot element (read: Nazis loving with the supernatural for the gorillionth time) result in both timelines getting merged or do you import a save file and that file determines which timeline you continue?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Ometeotl posted:

It's Wolfenstein, not Wolfenchangstein :colbert:
Oh like you wouldn't want to see Wolfenstein: Big Trouble in Little China.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

KozmoNaut posted:

Nazi helmet coconut bra.
Someone please draw this.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

berryjon posted:

So that's how BJ will survive the end of the New Order! He's got this Flaming Nazi Zombie thing going on, and being BJ, will not be evil!
Honestly, I'm half-expecting Veil Shenanigans to help BJ survive, should he appear in a sequel. Like, some residual energy from the Black Sun heals him back to normal or mostly heals him but with some drawbacks. Alternately, as Anticheese said, Set Roth/Da'at Yichud Ex Machina is also an acceptable solution.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I love how BJ just casually used a dead Nazi as a ladder, like it was nothing out of the ordinary for him. :allears:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Moonwalking super soldiers. Sure, why not? Probably the least hosed up thing BJ has seen over the years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I think we're supposed to figure out that the monster is blind by its thrashing of Helga. She clearly manages to control it and gives out clear orders (attack the American) that anyone who could see their target would recognize. However, since the monster cannot see, it uses its hearing and attacks the closest source of noise, thinking that Helga is the target. And if you missed this cue, the fact that the monster goes after ANY source of noise, be it BJ or Nazis, is the other cue that King Otto's monster is blind. And this second one is something that players would be bound to stumble upon during the fight and put the pieces together. So yes, the game does tell you the monster's crippling weakness, but unfortunately opts to do it in a very roundabout way that can be easily missed by the player.

Also, I'm glad Fergus came back for the ending. I suspected both he and Wyatt would show up as a lead in towards TNO's events, but I guess they really wanted Wyatt to be the "new kid on his first day at work" character, so he gets left out.

• Locked thread