Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

Who was the artist in charge of character design, Tom of Finland?

Not complaining, mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

JcDent posted:

Extremely surprised, since all of them were atheists of some caliber, and extremely pissed at each other for obvious reasons. Hitler would probably love Mao vs. Stalin communist-off, tho.

I dunno if Hitler can be characterised as atheist. I'm pretty sure he was catholic, though I dunno if he was still a practicing one by the time of the war. Stalin actually trained to be an orthodox priest, and was even soft on the church in Georgia, allegedly because his mother was devout. China wasn't exactly a hotbed of theistic religion, so yeah, Mao probably counts. It's not really important, though, as their ideologies (not mention personality cults) easily inspired such fervence in themselves and others that they could be considered religions in their own right.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

I dunno if the mass rape of nearly every German woman they could get a hold of between the ages of 8 and 80 can really be considered a well-deserved comeuppance. But I I'd prefer not to derail the thread by going down that road, if at all possible.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

JcDent posted:

BJ only has three skills now: killing Nazis, killing Nazi supermagicscience things (might be a subset of killing Nazis) and guitar. Would he be able to find work post war? What if his skillset does not translate well to kill communists?

Well, that's simple, surely. He can kill capitalists instead. :unsmigghh:

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

Atomikus posted:

This is made even funnier by Coca Cola making a commercial in Germany for the 75th birthday of Fanta, to celebrate the good old times.

Coca-cola aren't the only company with bad PR sense to have operated in nazi Germany.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

Ford and Hitler held a great deal of admiration for one another. I think Adolph even sent Henry a medal at one point. Also, IBM provided the punch-card machines that allowed the nazis to catalogue meticulously the ethnicity of every German citizen, which made the holocaust exceptionally efficient. Though if we're gonna go through every corporation that profiteered shamelessly off the back of the nazi reign of terror we're going to be here awhile.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

Is the kid even old enough to have a concrete sexual orientation? Don't you remember being a kid and having a best friend you'd do anything for? I'd probably say that's the case more than anything else. It generally takes up until puberty before folks get an inkling of who or what they're into, and even then it's a confusing mess of hormonally charged introspection. If she is into girls, great. If she isn't, great. If she isn't interested one way or the other or is unsure herself - owing to being about twelve - great.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

She comes out of the closet. All her flirting is just overcompensation, because she's British and thus deeply repressed in her sexuality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

I think when the game let it be ambiguous and pass without comment it showed it was classier than us by a long mile.

• Locked thread