Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

This thread pleases me greatly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Neruz posted:

Apparently during TNO the devs mostly intended BJ to just be the son of Polish immigrants to America but by the time TOB came around they had decided his father was Polish and his mother was Jewish, which is why he understands some Hebrew and retroactively explains some of the characterization in TNO.

I thought that was the same characterization from Return to Castle Wolfenstein? Which I keep seeing nods towards throughout this game.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Magni posted:

I just love how you can all but hear the "Oh crap" pass through BJs mind when he looks up at the zombie that comes crashing through the roof while he's sawing off he shotgun barrels.

There's been some excellent comedic timing throughout both this and TNO.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

George posted:

This is cogent enough, but people literally find dwarves and elves more believable than black people. That's simply incredible.

One of the biggest Broadway sensations this season is a hip hop musical about the life of Alexander Hamilton where the only white actor is the dude that plays George III bitching about the loss of the colonies; if it works as well as it does for that, you'd think that more folks would be willing to set aside the "but our verisimilitude!" and just roll with stuff.

radintorov posted:

Well, that is going to make the stealth sections even more interesting, then. :keke:

I'm interested in seeing how this impacts these sessions as well; trying to get through the stealth sections in TNO perfectly was a hang up of mine and I'm curious to see how this switches up the formula.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Cythereal posted:

Ever read the Bible? Angels are usually described as pretty drat weird looking, thus why the first words out of their mouths are usually "Do not be afraid!"

And, typically, if the next words out of the multitude of mouths that covered them weren't "The Lord sent me" or "Do not be afraid!" then they were destroying your city.

• Locked thread