Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
time for time travel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
It's clearly AHS, and they include those letters, but they keep stylizing it as ?6 with the question mark in front.

Perhaps a reference to the years it'll be set in, as in 1586 and 2016?

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Gaga owned last season but I feel like her character was very much written around her - it played on her strengths as a performer and the kind of aesthetic she could rock. I don't want to sound too much like I'm doubting her, but to me she seemed like a great one-and-done big draw, and would prefer that as the show moved forward it got a different big, weird name each season.

Then again it may end up being the Celebrity Showcase featuring Other Assholes and maybe a Spooky Castle

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
A couple years ago I thought Kathy Bates was a one season featured star. I'm glad I was wrong.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The answer to all questions about those teasers: They're just yanking our chains, deliberately. At least they're upfront about it this time.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tired Moritz posted:

time for time travel.

Can we time travel season 3 out of existence?

Season 4 was kinda dull as gently caress after the clown died, but it never made me go "WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUCK!?" the way Season 3 did. I don't know why it doesn't draw more notice, it was one of the most batshit and incompetent things I've ever seen on TV, and I mean it. It was hanging with the likes of Heroes and Dexter in the logic department, just better acted.

That season was made entirely of pure-grain stupid.

April
Jul 3, 2006

Blazing Ownager posted:

Can we time travel season 3 out of existence?

Season 4 was kinda dull as gently caress after the clown died, but it never made me go "WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUCK!?" the way Season 3 did. I don't know why it doesn't draw more notice, it was one of the most batshit and incompetent things I've ever seen on TV, and I mean it. It was hanging with the likes of Heroes and Dexter in the logic department, just better acted.

That season was made entirely of pure-grain stupid. KNOTTY PIIIIIIIIIIINE!!!!

FTFY

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Current confirmed cast: Gaga, Kathy Bates, Cuba Gooding Jr., Annabell Osorio, and Sarah Paulson

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Goddamnit Lily Rabe, return to me.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

I feel like they should've brought back James Cromwell too after his performance in season 2. My friends and I still crack up at "Show me your mossy bank."

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

haveblue posted:

The answer to all questions about those teasers: They're just yanking our chains, deliberately. At least they're upfront about it this time.

Goddamnit, I hate this marketing. I hate this show. I hate Ryan Murphy.

*updates DVR settings*

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

For sure, Cromwell was great. The show just lost so much more (to me) when Rabe started to do only cameos compared to, say, Lange leaving.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Fat black girl from American Horror Story why do you let them make these awful websites...

I rewatched hotel. I think its about time to rewatch some of the seasons.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Well I've remembered this show exists, gotta psyche myself up for some hate-watching.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They just released a new teaser that's all the signature imagery from the past five seasons edited together. Thanks, I guess.

Honestly not sure when to make a new thread or what to put in it since there apparently won't be a press preview blitz this time.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

They're running a contest where, if you guess which of six teasers is truly related to the season's theme, you can win a car and a trip to the set.

https://www.ahs6sweeps.com/

So one of those six is essentially confirmed to be relevant. Lullaby seems like the safe answer, but they're using the Blind Date graphic on the website under the show page.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Its totally the alien abduction.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I hope it's the blind date because I want some monster loving.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
It will be the least voted trailer to intrigue people who didn't pick it, Simpsons rules.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

Its totally the alien abduction.

They did that already

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That was a small subthread in a season with much larger threads that had nothing to do with aliens, it could probably sustain a whole season if they focused on it.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

I ended up picking the wind chime one because it seems to fit in wit the usual stuff, and it's not quite as bold as some of the others.

Plus, at the end of the Anthology teaser, they put the ?6 made out of bones, seemingly hinting toward that sort of thing.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

the truth posted:

They did that already

Ryan Murphy was unable to turn that scene into a sex scene so hes gonna try again.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Tenzarin posted:

Ryan Murphy was unable to turn that scene into a sex scene so hes gonna try again.

In turns out the aliens all look like nearly identical tall dark-haired men.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:
If I gave a poo poo I'd vote the cottage-smoke one due to the leaked set filming pictures..

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I heard a decent argument for the Wind Chimes one in that apparently a discarded subplot from the first season involved a serial killer who used hedge clippers, and I guess Ryan Murphy said he'd be returning to stuff they didn't do in the first season or something I dunno but I need a car so I entered anyway.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
the wind chimes look so dumb tho

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

I guess it could very well be aliens and tie back to seasons 2 and 4, since season five had connections to seasons 1 and 3.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Tired Moritz posted:

the wind chimes look so dumb tho

And that's less representative of the series?

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Parasol Prophet posted:

And that's less representative of the series?

Season 2 was great!

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
But they're not promoting Season 2, are they? Are they!?

(Although if they decided to rebroadcast Season 2 as a surprise rather than go on with this Season 6 business, I would be down for it.)

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Parasol Prophet posted:

But they're not promoting Season 2, are they? Are they!?

(Although if they decided to rebroadcast Season 2 as a surprise rather than go on with this Season 6 business, I would be down for it.)

I'm guessing each of those could be an old season.

One of the rumors of the story is following the Bloody Benders. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Benders cool read if you wanna learn how people ganked others before computers!

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Aug 21, 2016

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Tenzarin posted:

I'm guessing each of those could be an old season.

One of the rumors of the story is following the Bloody Benders. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Benders cool read if you wanna learn how people ganked others before computers!

I'm seriously amazed they haven't done Belle Gunness with Kathy Bates.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
I really liked the first two seasons, thought three was boring, and thought four started out pretty good and then just went seriously downhill halfway through. I caught the premiere of Hotel and honestly I found it so ugly that I just checked out completely and didn't watch another episode (I remember a pretty gross rape scene in particular; that things felt forced and not creepy, just edgy or what people keep calling "try-hard"). I've heard from a lot of friends that it ended up being a great season, much better than the last two, I should def give it another try, etc.

I know it's not like there's any continuity and I can just jump into the new season, but now I'm more curious about watching the last. You guys think it's worth it? Did it stick to the tone set by the first episode? Where would you rate it alongside the previous four? Thanks :^)

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Gatekeeper posted:

I really liked the first two seasons, thought three was boring, and thought four started out pretty good and then just went seriously downhill halfway through. I caught the premiere of Hotel and honestly I found it so ugly that I just checked out completely and didn't watch another episode (I remember a pretty gross rape scene in particular; that things felt forced and not creepy, just edgy or what people keep calling "try-hard"). I've heard from a lot of friends that it ended up being a great season, much better than the last two, I should def give it another try, etc.

I know it's not like there's any continuity and I can just jump into the new season, but now I'm more curious about watching the last. You guys think it's worth it? Did it stick to the tone set by the first episode? Where would you rate it alongside the previous four? Thanks :^)

No, you were right on the money in your first impression. Season five is horrifically nonsensical, offensively bad and a complete waste of time. I keep hearing people saying how great it was, but they were wrong. It was truly awful.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Opinions differ on 5. It was a big improvement on 4 and especially 3 in terms of telling a story with plausible through-lines and connective tissue. It's still got cheap shock moments and exploitation but it was never not going to be a basic cable horror show. A lot of people were simply amazed that Lady Gaga turned out to be a not-terrible actress.

Thread consensus on season ratings:

[gap]
[large gap]

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

haveblue posted:

Opinions differ on 5. It was a big improvement on 4 and especially 3 in terms of telling a story with plausible through-lines and connective tissue. It's still got cheap shock moments and exploitation but it was never not going to be a basic cable horror show. A lot of people were simply amazed that Lady Gaga turned out to be a not-terrible actress.

Thread consensus on season ratings:

[gap]
[large gap]

See what I mean? We need nonsensical charts and rankings that try to convince people that season 5 was worth a drat, but it's bad. real bad. If it were any good, it wouldn't need something like that.

Watch American Crime Story season 1 instead of AHS season 5. Thank me later.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The poster specifically asked "Where would you rate it alongside the previous four?" :confused:

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

You lookin' at me? Don't.

haveblue posted:

The poster specifically asked "Where would you rate it alongside the previous four?" :confused:

Obviously Last Chance doesn't like season 5 no matter what anyone says.

I agree with your ranking of the seasons. I don't think 5 was as bad as some posters are saying it was in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
Thanks, that was def helpful. I may watch it eventually but I'm in no hurry. And yeah American Crime Story was great.

• Locked thread