Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

zooted heh posted:

cant wait for the rage in this thread when someone gets sent to mexciana boyz fc on a transfer cuz everyone is too passive aggressive to tell someone they suck at fifa

Tbf I tell people they are crap

Soulex posted:

Pretty much what it boils down to. He's holding on to poo poo years old. I tried to reconcile like three times, but he just wants to keep on hatin

idk what you want to reconcile about, I'd put you among the worst fifa players on the forum and wouldnt want you on my team, idk what we would "reconcile"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
taff is terrible so if he thinks you're bad then maybe you should stop playing?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
I thought the demo was pretty promising, defending is a lot better in that you can actually take the ball with a decent slide tackle and the defenders don't just watch slow passes roll past them, the fact you can recover from failed slides is great too. Driven passes are sick and should have always been in the game. I don't get how the body feint poo poo works but I probably won't use it, only problem is that in the past Fifas pressing L1/LB made other players sprint forward but I don't think it does that any more?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

The Big Taff Man posted:

Tbf I tell people they are crap

idk what you want to reconcile about, I'd put you among the worst fifa players on the forum and wouldnt want you on my team, idk what we would "reconcile"

Just about the constant attacks. I get it, I was annoying and frankly I commend you for having the patience for dealing with my drunken self as long as you did. That's what I was trying to reconcile. I've apologized for that a few times and I mean it. It's just getting old. That's all.

I do suck, I'm two dimensional and really don't play anymore save career mode or whatever. Point proven all you have to do is put my name into that fut website where you can see how skilled your opponents are. I think I got like a D- or something.

Regardless, it's just old and done with.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Seltzer posted:

The knock ahead feature was in previous games. Ronaldo and Aubameyang sprint dribbling shouldn't get caught by Terry.

I know it was in previous games, I'm saying it's actually important now if you want players to run at speed.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Hey America PS4 Goons. It's up on the store now. Can't wait to download this so I can bitch alongside you all.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
It's on Xbox One, I downloaded it, will report my findings.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

I'm sad the body feint isn't OP anymore :'(

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Can we play each other in the demo or is it randos only?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Stefan Prodan posted:

Can we play each other in the demo or is it randos only?

It's against AI only.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

I thought the demo was pretty promising, defending is a lot better in that you can actually take the ball with a decent slide tackle and the defenders don't just watch slow passes roll past them, the fact you can recover from failed slides is great too. Driven passes are sick and should have always been in the game. I don't get how the body feint poo poo works but I probably won't use it, only problem is that in the past Fifas pressing L1/LB made other players sprint forward but I don't think it does that any more?

It's a lot easier to do things like powerful on target bicycle kicks etc aswell

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

I've played for a few hours and I have to say I'm optimistic. Pace has definitely been nerfed which will open up the amount of usable players, in 15 for me Giroud and Falcao were too slow, but now they're usable. Like Hopter mentioned, it's still possible to get a decent run going if you knock the ball on though - your player runs faster without the ball. The variety in shots is decent too now, it seemed like in 15 75% of the shot animations you see were the outside foot ones.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
http://gfycat.com/WhisperedDelectableGyrfalcon#format=GIFV

Local memory editing hasn't been patched. This suggests that disconnect-glitching will still be possible in online play so if you're a PC player who wants to play FUT don't expect things to be any better in the higher divisions.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
The pace stuff I feel is because you're playing a CPU and not a real person, even last year it always seemed the computer could catch up a lot easier than if a human was controlling the team.

I was super optimistic about 15 I remember because it seemed great in the demo but as soon as it was released all the flaws were reveled through online play.

So far it does seem defending is better, but again, wait til you're playing other real people to get an actual feel (unless you only play offline).

It's super hard to score against the CPU on World Class by the way, harder than 15 for sure.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

emanresu tnuocca posted:

http://gfycat.com/WhisperedDelectableGyrfalcon#format=GIFV

Local memory editing hasn't been patched. This suggests that disconnect-glitching will still be possible in online play so if you're a PC player who wants to play FUT don't expect things to be any better in the higher divisions.

Same as it ever was, it's only an issue really in division 1 so whatever, my pattern of getting promoted up and then getting myself relegated or failing promotion out of 2 on purpose continues.

e: part of me hopes it's just a demo thing but of all the differences between the demo and the real version, that being fixed is pretty unlikely.

ee: Also yeah, the 15 demo seemed great but playing against the AI and playing against real people is just such a totally different thing, luckily, if the game sucks again, I can just get a refund, praise be to Origin.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Sep 9, 2015

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Oh man I'm gonna love draft! My first one resulted in Messi, Ronaldo, and Suarez up top. I'm sure to win :downswords:

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

joshtothemaxx posted:

Oh man I'm gonna love draft! My first one resulted in Messi, Ronaldo, and Suarez up top. I'm sure to win :downswords:

The draft thing is totally doing big stars to suck you in again, they'll all be poo poo 99% of the time when the actual game comes out, 4 wins in a row or not... That is my guess.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

T Bowl posted:

The draft thing is totally doing big stars to suck you in again, they'll all be poo poo 99% of the time when the actual game comes out, 4 wins in a row or not... That is my guess.

Nah they wont - the fact it costs 15,000 coins to enter normally, or you can "buy" draft coins with real money means it'll be a real moneymaker for EA

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

The Big Taff Man posted:

Nah they wont - the fact it costs 15,000 coins to enter normally, or you can "buy" draft coins with real money means it'll be a real moneymaker for EA

Ah, so to do a draft it costs 15k? The draft is only one round? I haven't looked that much, just played one game last night... it was fun enough but I may avoid it like I planned with UT this year anyway.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

T Bowl posted:

Ah, so to do a draft it costs 15k? The draft is only one round? I haven't looked that much, just played one game last night... it was fun enough but I may avoid it like I planned with UT this year anyway.

A draft is only 1 round for you yeah.

A standard draft is 4 games, but as soon as you lose one it ends. The rewards change depending on how far you get, but theyre supposed to be at least as good as what you pay to enter (which means crap when 2 gold packs would be the same).

One thing I dont know if its been talked about is you can also get loan player packs as rewards, I had a loan messi and got a loan player pack and it had messi in there, but you could combine them rather than having to dispose of one.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I never spent my coins on packs, but I wouldn't mind spending my coins on the draft to get to play the actual game with some cool players and then also receive some lovely packs afterwards.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Keep in mind also they will let you play draft against the cpu which will be a crazy easy way to get packs

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Stefan Prodan posted:

Keep in mind also they will let you play draft against the cpu which will be a crazy easy way to get packs

Any difficulty? Because you could get packs via tournaments and seasons against the CPU in FUT the past couple years but it was the super hard variety of the CPU that would make you rage.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Any difficulty? Because you could get packs via tournaments and seasons against the CPU in FUT the past couple years but it was the super hard variety of the CPU that would make you rage.

Will probably start at semi pro 20-0 thrillers first again

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

T Bowl posted:

Will probably start at semi pro 20-0 thrillers first again

Yea, I'm assuming each game will ramp up the difficulty and the last two will be against the rage variety of difficulty which is just dumb.

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

Alveolar fibrosis don't give a damn.
Yeahhhhh this is really good. Played a few matches on PC and the player control mechanics are much more intuitive than the jump from 14' to 15'. Close control dribbling (L+R shoulder) still seems to mystify the CPU and lead to some cheap goals in and around the box, but being able to dummy a pass through and use space when a team is set up on a high line is painfully amazing when you pull it off. Defending and cutting off a players run to buy time for help or the incoming pass to run out of touch is also really, really, satisfying. That said, just the utilization of space in general, creating it, or finding it from midfield, seems to be a huge focus in 16'- which is brilliant. This actually feels like a "new" FIFA on the control front, where 15' felt like a hard re-balancing of all the things that made 14' feel arcadey and cheap. The FUT changes are hopefully EA responding to people dropping money on coins for 1 mil L33t coinz and never buying packs through the EA store; and too, if they keep the pricing tiers in check, it could actually lead a level of parity in player pricing that FUT desperately needs.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Soulex posted:

Nope. I'm done with the meltdowns, buy my games digitally, and largely give no fucks about this iteration of FIFA. Doesn't mean I won't buy it, but the Taken King comes out next week and that will have my priority.

I wasn't impressed with the beta and unless the demo/actual game plays 100% different, I doubt I'll get it.

looool didn't you go on a huge rant that this was the year you are switching to PES, please somebody find that post

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

vivisectvnv posted:

looool didn't you go on a huge rant that this was the year you are switching to PES, please somebody find that post

Soulex posted:

Nope. Not even gonna touch it really. I'm still gonna buy PES and really only playing FIFA 16 beta because it's nice to not have a million players on a market, 2k packs are cheap and worth it (quick selling the pack nets like 1.5k) and between this and World of Tanks I don't play much else. Until the expac of Destiny comes out Sept 15.

Trust me. Those days are long past. I don't drink much if at all, I have a son with another on the way, and don't have the disposable income like before after buying a new house and car.

There's some other posts there in the thread too.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard
Can't wait to drop 15k in draft mode and then have my first match up against someone with a dodgy connection despite it saying green bars at the matchup screen.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

hopterque posted:

There's some other posts there in the thread too.

Lmao hes the worst.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Nah man he's just another addict who can't help himself like the rest of us.

Nothing unusual about that.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

I think the offline draft rewards aren't as good as playing online, there's a guy called Spencer FC and he has access to the full game, he played all four games on World Class and got two regular packs at the end.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

I think the offline draft rewards aren't as good as playing online, there's a guy called Spencer FC and he has access to the full game, he played all four games on World Class and got two regular packs at the end.

That would make sense because it would be way too effecient to just farm offline draft tournaments for tons of packs. Like, yeah, you'd put 15k in but get like 50+k worth of packs at the end.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I'm addicted to the rage that FIFA instills inside of my soul every year for 4 months.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I'm addicted to the rage that FIFA instills inside of my soul every year for 11½ months.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

hopterque posted:

Nah man he's just another addict who can't help himself like the rest of us.

Nothing unusual about that.

mmm true, but there is something redeemable about an honest addict

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Ok good because in the beta you got like 100k worth of poo poo for beating 4 cpu games

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

vivisectvnv posted:

Quite the long rant. But I suppose when you have a 7th grade reading level, even Dr. Seuss seems like Mark Twain. And both posts clearly mention doubtful purchase of said game.

The Big Taff Man posted:

Lmao hes the worst.

At FIFA possibly.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
i don't play FIFA anymore it sucks rear end and is for suckers. same crap game every year. EA is laughing all the way to the bank. Disgusting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

http://gfycat.com/LeafyDearDungenesscrab

Costa seems to be magic now...

• Locked thread