Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Ya'll are on PS4 right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Yeah there's way more people on PS4

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I am also now on ps4.

Rest in peace, pc fifa, gently caress you.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
https://www.easports.com/fifa/news/...41&sf48108163=1

Pro clubs deets, they're actually adding and changing stuff!

Custom kits and logos!

Hell yeah.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
If there's any possible way to stop the first couple months of drop in matches from being nothing but people trying to never pass and dribble around for 90 minutes to grind dribbling achievements and skill move level ups, then I'm all for it. Hopefully this does something like that.

Like I said earlier I for some reason got chosen for pro clubs beta on the 18th instead of UT so I'll report back if the level up system is in for the beta and what it seems like

I would really love if they managed to somehow got it to get people to try to play well and not like idiots because sometimes you just wanna play pro clubs and nobody is on from Parmos, but usually drop ins are completely miserable for several months.

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Aug 15, 2016

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Seems like it actually goes off your match rating so doing what you're supposed to do will get you boosts. So hopefully it's cool.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Why don't they just use a sytem like 2k where you just earn points every match and you can put them into the attributes you like? The bullshit you deal with in the start is what has put me off of pro clubs despite the mode looking very cool. Also I came back to this game after a long break and won that futtie cup twice and got the aubameyang card. Absolutely ridiculous card and it's cool that they've put out good tournaments this year considering how tedious seasons are.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Are you in the US?

I love playing tournaments in UT and one of my big complaints is that towards the end of the year the place is just a fuckin ghost town, I can maaybe get matches for the first two rounds but beyond that I have to just acknowledge that I'll just never get enough games to finish the tournament especially this time of the year when everyone stopped playing. I imagine it's better in Europe.

I really liked the idea of the tournaments for those futties cards too

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Yeah hopefully the match rating system for improvement will get people to pass the ball more. They really should cut down skills moves in pro clubs in general and make the game more of a focus on team play. No player should be able to dribble like Ronald in clubs just to stop the abuse and terrible play for the majority.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

These changes on pro clubs seem cool. I hate doing dribbling challenges and some weird stuff and I like that your pro levels up by just playing right the position.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Stefan Prodan posted:

Are you in the US?

I love playing tournaments in UT and one of my big complaints is that towards the end of the year the place is just a fuckin ghost town, I can maaybe get matches for the first two rounds but beyond that I have to just acknowledge that I'll just never get enough games to finish the tournament especially this time of the year when everyone stopped playing. I imagine it's better in Europe.

I really liked the idea of the tournaments for those futties cards too

Yea, north east and I never have problems finding games. I also never experience the lag people are always complaining against unless I play against a mexican/brazilian which is like 1 out of 20 or so games max.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Seltzer posted:

Yea, north east and I never have problems finding games. I also never experience the lag people are always complaining against unless I play against a mexican/brazilian which is like 1 out of 20 or so games max.

Weird, I'm in North Carolina and even during primetime I can basically never play anything but UT seasons or it just won't be able to find a match. Half the time I end up playing someone with a middle eastern name and the connection feels like they are actually in the middle east.

I would say most of the time, like 2/3 or 3/4 though, the lag is fine for me, especially since I got the powerline ethernet poo poo that actually made proclubs playable for me. I'm really excited to hopefully do some poo poo in parmos this year with that, I felt like I lost the ball a lot more than I should have and had a harder time defending with the lag but it's been great since I fixed that.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
You probably need to forward your ports, man.

Like seriously if you haven't done that you should definitely look into it, it'll work wonders.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Did it a long time ago, PS4 says my NAT is fine in the testing thing (or type 2 I think? which as far as I know means good enough)

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Stefan Prodan posted:

Did it a long time ago, PS4 says my NAT is fine in the testing thing (or type 2 I think? which as far as I know means good enough)

Ps4 ports and EA/Fifa ports are completely different.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/fifa/fifa-2016/online-ports-for-fifa-16

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I have UPnP on, shouldn't that kinda take care of it? I guess I have to hope that my EA ports are currently hosed though because it would be cool if there was a fix I could do to get more matches.

I'm on vacation at the moment but I can try to mess with it when I get home, thanks for the advice!

I'm not even sure how to tell if it's able to get through to my EA ports or not.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Im gunna get a ps4 i think, finally moving on from my 360.... i play fifa primarily for offline career, but ill probs get into ultimante team and club and stuff now...

Is fifa playable out of the box? Or should i wait a while for them to patch it and poo poo?

Also do they do hardware deals or i should wait for something like madden for that?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Stefan Prodan posted:

Weird, I'm in North Carolina and even during primetime I can basically never play anything but UT seasons or it just won't be able to find a match. Half the time I end up playing someone with a middle eastern name and the connection feels like they are actually in the middle east.

I play on Xbox One, that might be the answer. Xbox One sold a lot of units in North America and brought over a lot of fifa players because of legends.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
ya'll are predominately ps4 though yea?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Stefan Prodan posted:

I have UPnP on, shouldn't that kinda take care of it? I guess I have to hope that my EA ports are currently hosed though because it would be cool if there was a fix I could do to get more matches.

I'm on vacation at the moment but I can try to mess with it when I get home, thanks for the advice!

I'm not even sure how to tell if it's able to get through to my EA ports or not.

It sounds a lot like the problems I was having before I forwarded all my ports. I live in germany and I was struggling to find games regularly against what I would call normal people, I was getting a lot of laggy matches against people clearly from other regions and stuff after long matchmaking times, but I forwarded my ports like that article suggests and it completely changed that.

And no, UPNP won't always mean that you're good on that front, you might be thinking of DMZ which basically just lets all traffic through no matter what.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
UPnP is supposed to allow devices to automatically negotiate port forwarding with the router.

Nat type 2 in the PS4 menu is generally.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

emanresu tnuocca posted:

UPnP is supposed to allow devices to automatically negotiate port forwarding with the router.

Nat type 2 in the PS4 menu is generally.

I've had mixed results with upnp and fifa, it wasn't an issue last year but this year I had horrible matchmaking issues until I forwarded ports manually.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

http://www.ea.com/play2016

For those interested, EA Live stream showing the new fifa stuff.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

This looks to be the biggest revamping of the game in awhile, really solid additions all around. I'm most excited about pro clubs leveling not being ridiculous anymore and the introduction of " hybrid cards" which will hopefully be like the nba2k dynamic cards. Let's just hope they sorted the gameplay this time.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

They remixed Fifa 98 son (Blur Song 2), instant purchase. And for the first time in years it seems that they really revamped the game.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Yeah, looks good, and holy poo poo the prizes for the weekend leagues. Even getting like 55% win rate (so like 22/40 wins) will net you 100k coins and a bunch of packs and poo poo. They're finally adding sets like in madden too (the Squad Builder stuff).

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I'm most hyped about dynamic cards (on the fut side) tbh. They're a lot of fun in 2k, it's a bit of a gamble, you get to essentially wager on who you think will have a good season. It also lets you get a higher rating card of a player without having to wait for winter upgrades/IFs. I hope they're extensive with the dynamics though. 2k has one for everyone in the game. It would be boring if they were only for 80+ players or only EPL.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Well apparently the "dynamic cards" are incredibly few and for players like Zlatan and only go up in rating not down so that's super lame and something I don't care about now.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Pro clubs Beta trip report:
Played 5 games, so far it's fun!

Player growth is a little weird. I seemed to gain pretty fast because I was rated highly and got man of the match in 4 of the 5 matches I played, but I couldn't really tell how much slower I would have grown if I was just playing like some idiot. It rated me very well just from doing a lot of good passes and being in the right place, I have like an 8.3 average rating so far, 5 matches with 2 assists and 1 goal.

Skill dribbling still seems real good, and protecting the ball still seems real good too.

I haven't gotten a skill point yet to buy a trait, I don't know how long they take to get. One weird thing that I didn't like, is it seems like you either have skill moves or you don't. Skill moves is a trait you can buy that takes you from 1* to 4*. I don't know how you unlock 5*, if you even can.

The skills seem to level up based on like an exp required per stat, and obviously it's higher the higher the stat gets. However, it seems like the extra exp you get in the areas related to your position don't make up for the fact that your stats are higher and therefore need way more exp to level up. For that reason I think I've gained like 2 or 3 points in standing tackle which was at like 50 because I'm a CAM, even though I've gained only maybe 1/4 of a point in passing. It makes it feel like the best way to level up, for example, shooting would be to play as a CB until you gain a few shooting points while it's at 40 then switch back. I don't know if it will work that way for sure, but that's my hunch and I hope that's not the way it turns out because then you are just gonna get tons of random people playing defense and being awful at it in drop-ins.

Also, if your opposing team all quits, you gain no growth at all. I really think they should reconsider that because it's pretty obnoxious. That only happened to me once but I think you should at least get prorated experience based on how long the match went.

In the 5 games I played, I gained 1 point in a few stats and over half the exp to next level in a bunch of them. Some of them were even real good stats, like shot power. I think I almost gained a point of acceleration also. I would say the skill growth seems reasonable, I think it should take a decent bit to get to max level and it might end up that way. The actual gameplay does seem real fun so far.

Oh, set pieces have a completely new control mechanism where you like aim on the pitch where you want the ball to go then just charge the bar and that's it. Penalties seem to use this thing also, and since there aren't any tutorials or arena I haven't seen a single person actually make a penalty yet. 3 out of the 4 times I saw penalties happen people just didn't even get it on net which was pretty funny.

I'll post later if I have any other impressions that come to mind.

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Aug 19, 2016

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Stefan Prodan posted:

Pro clubs Beta trip report:

What platform again? How'd you get it?

The 5 star not being there owns if true, and that's what I said before.. gently caress anyone being able to be Messi in the team mode.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
PS4, you get an invite if you play a bunch

yo soy fiesta
Feb 6, 2005

Are you fucking shitting me, dude!?

made a parmos beta club

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Nice, joined that poo poo

I figured out the penalties. It's completely counter to what you had to do in the past and you are gonna see a loooot of people meekly pass the ball out of bounds instead

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Can you actually head the ball this year/ do keepers run 100mph out of their box to scoop up through balls 30 yards out?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Keepers seem more reasonable about coming out AND it could be an outlier but the AI on my team scored a goal one game on a lob free kick from about 40 yards out with a header from between the edge of the box and the penalty spot which happens irl but in past years never happened in game so I thought that was cool, it's definitely more realistic to go for those headers instead of playing it short every time.

It came off his head with some crazy spin and that made up for the distance which I think is what is supposed to happen

On through balls I think keepers are still pretty aggro but it's hard to tell so far

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
god drat it, was invited for the Head to Head onlines seasons beta, but the invite got spammed, thank you gmail

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Owenenated and I played the first 4 games in the Parmos Beta season and won all 4 with a GD of +17. Parmos in good form so far!

PRO: The new free kick system makes it really easy to set up indirect free kicks from like 30 yards out, or from the side of the field

CON: The new free kick system makes it so that if you are taking them from say 40 yards out, both possible cameras in pro clubs are centered around you and you cannot possibly see where you are aiming down the field so you just have to guess. Have no idea if this is any better in single player.

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Aug 20, 2016

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Recently it became common knowledge that since FIFA 12 cards released after the initial release of the game (to clarify: any card that wasn't available the first day FUT 16 went online) was not affected by fitness, they could have 10 fitness before the match and when you start the match you can see they're at 100; so now people claim or assume that this also applies to in game chemistry and now all the buzz is about using only cards that were available on release day as allegedly they're the only ones who get chem bonuses and the rest of the cards default to 4 chem.

The fitness thing is apparently testable and correct but I don't know how on earth anyone could prove whether chem is applied or not.

Regardless, if your team has no release day cards you can skip using fitness cards altogether as those don't make any difference.

I knew there was something to this. Explains a lot.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Taff now you can forget the horrible things Kone did to you, as the bad game coding is to blame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

African AIDS cum posted:

Taff now you can forget the horrible things Kone did to you, as the bad game coding is to blame

Kone 2012

• Locked thread