Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Arctic Baldwin posted:

QB: Bradford @ATL or Rivers vs Det

Standard scoring but I think Bradford goes super saiyan?

Bradford. ATL's defense is a hot mess.

fariz posted:

Bradford or tannehill 4pt patd

I know Miami has the matchup, but i want to get on chips wild ride

Tanny has the easiest schedule for like the first 6 games. Part me of me wants to trust his ADP over Bradford's for the first few weeks, but yeah I can see the allure. I say stick with safety for now (Tanny).

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

Standard scoring, 0 ppr. Dynasty league with large rosters and I need to pick two FLEX players from the following:
WR: Brian Quick, Cordarelle Patterson, Ted Ginn, Brandon Coleman, Devin Funchess, Brian Hartline, Allen Hurns, Jeff Janis.
RB: Reggie Bush, Buck Allen, Charles Sims, Dri Archer, Lance Dunbar, Bilal Powell, Barner, Dixon
TE: Charles Clay
I'm currently leaning towards Quick and Coleman but I'm not sure I want to play Quick against Seattle

Yikes. Coleman and Quick but I can see the argument for swapping Quick out for Ginn.

Dandy Kaiser posted:

.5 PPR, pick 4:

Matthews @ ATL
Cooks @ ARI
Agholor @ ATL
S. Johnson vs. DET
V. Jackson vs. TEN
J. Jones @ DAL

Also, I'm currently working on a small trade to add Fitzgerald to this group (so that I can trade VJax for an RB that I desperately need), so if he's in the mix, where does he land(vs. NO)?

Matthews, Cooks, Stevie, Agholor

There are three J. Jones WRs in fantasy fyi and none pay DAL this weekend. Saw your followup. James Jones plays CHI.

Fitzy is a flex option, but in your group I would have him below Stevie and Agholor.

Chronicles posted:

12 Team Standard. Golden Tate@SD or Jeremy Maclin@Hou?

Maclin

TubeStank posted:

10 person league, no ppr

cant decide between the following for flex

j. stew RB
l. murray RB
g. tate WR

Don't forget to post matchups.

Either JStew or Murray is fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

PPR, Yahoo. If McCoy can't go, this choice becomes irrelevant, but in case he does, pick a flex for me.

Alfred Morris vs. Mia.
Chris Ivory vs. Cle.

I tend to not sweat start/sits in week 1 and just go with the team I drafted, but someone apparently had dropped Ivory a few days ago, so I just grabbed him and suddenly may have a choice to make.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

thrawn527 posted:

PPR, Yahoo. If McCoy can't go, this choice becomes irrelevant, but in case he does, pick a flex for me.

Alfred Morris vs. Mia.
Chris Ivory vs. Cle.

I tend to not sweat start/sits in week 1 and just go with the team I drafted, but someone apparently had dropped Ivory a few days ago, so I just grabbed him and suddenly may have a choice to make.

How big a league is it that Ivory would be straight up dropped? Anyway, I'd prefer Ivory there.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

RVProfootballer posted:

How big a league is it that Ivory would be straight up dropped? Anyway, I'd prefer Ivory there.

It's a 12 team league, and he dropped Ivory for DeAngelo Williams. I don't get it either. I guess he's hoping Williams will be gold in the two weeks Bell is suspended.

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy
PPR league, and I'm trying to figure out which 2 WRs and Flex I should pick. I'm trying to decide between the following:

DeAndre Hopkins (WR1 selected)
Golden Tate (WR2 selected)
Amari Cooper (Flex selected)
Isaiah Crowell
Larry Fitzgerald
Steve Smith Sr

I know West just got traded so Crowell should be in line to be the starter, but I'm not sure if he's a better pick than Cooper. Any thoughts?

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Cooper looks like THE man in Oakland and Crowell could get pulled by Pettine shenanigans. I like how you have it.

Here's a fun one yall:

Tom Brady v PIT
or
Matt Ryan v PHI
(both at home, 6pt passing TDs)

Not buying the angry Brady narrative, the weather report suggests showers as well.

Matty Ice, on the other hand, at home in the dome. Has PHI's secondary gotten any better? I doubt it.

Finally, and here's the part where I know it should be best player not other considerations, my opponent has Julio, so with 6 pts per passing TD it's a better hedge than usual.

Any reason to go Brady here?

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
My RBs are terrible (outside of Lacy), but I need to start someone, standard scoring 0 ppr:

Branden Bolden v. Pit
Roy Helu Jr. v Cin
Someone that might be available on waivers

Leaning Bolden since Blount is suspended and Gray got cut, but Pats RBs...

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Yahoo standard with 0.5 PPR

If LeSean McCoy doesn't start, where does that put Karlos Williams? I'm currently Flexing Golden Tate and starting Demarco and Ingram, so I don't know if he should make the lineup even without LeSean.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I have Boobie Dixon as the benficiary backup to McCoy, if the former is cleared to play.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Suave Fedora posted:

I have Boobie Dixon as the benficiary backup to McCoy, if the former is cleared to play.

rotoworld posted:

Bills RBs coach Anthony Lynn said Karlos Williams is the teams' No. 2 running back.

Lynn said Williams earned the role in training camp. Williams' spot on the depth chart could prove to be important this week with LeSean McCoy questionable with a hamstring injury. McCoy got in a limited practice session on Tuesday.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ChuckBTY
Feb 14, 2012
Full PPR, who do I start for WR3?

John Brown vs NO
Sammy Watkins vs Indy
Stevie Johnson vs Detroit.

Leaning Sammy atm.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Which Johnson should be my WR2? .5 PPR

Andre Johnson @Buf
Stevie Johnson vsDet

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Zombie Tsunami posted:

Cooper looks like THE man in Oakland and Crowell could get pulled by Pettine shenanigans. I like how you have it.

Here's a fun one yall:

Tom Brady v PIT
or
Matt Ryan v PHI
(both at home, 6pt passing TDs)

Not buying the angry Brady narrative, the weather report suggests showers as well.

Matty Ice, on the other hand, at home in the dome. Has PHI's secondary gotten any better? I doubt it.

Finally, and here's the part where I know it should be best player not other considerations, my opponent has Julio, so with 6 pts per passing TD it's a better hedge than usual.

Any reason to go Brady here?

I'll Take Matty Ice there.
Now riddle me this:

Brady v PIT
OR
Eli @ DAL

I just traded Gio and Woodhead for Tommyboy because the thought of Eli at the wheel made me queasy

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Brady v PIT
OR
Romo v NYG

I'm leaning Romo.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

.5 ppr

Eric Decker vs Cleveland
or
Stevie Johnson vs Detroit

Leaning Stevie as I'm a Chargers homer and I think the 4 weeks without Gates should be good for him

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Zombie Tsunami posted:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I saw that too and had the same welp expression.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
Big Ben v Pats or Tannehill v Washington

Anyone throwing against washington is usually a great bet, and Tannehill has better weapons this year. Then again, Pats have a depleted secondary which Ben could exploit but he is missing Bell and Bryant, so i'm seeing it as a tossup at the moment. 4pt PATD

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Eddie Royal at GB or Brandon Marshall vs Cleveland? 0.5 PPR

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Crunkjuice posted:

Big Ben v Pats or Tannehill v Washington

Anyone throwing against washington is usually a great bet, and Tannehill has better weapons this year. Then again, Pats have a depleted secondary which Ben could exploit but he is missing Bell and Bryant, so i'm seeing it as a tossup at the moment. 4pt PATD

Ben. He is going to be funslinging all over dey place.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
.5 ppr

CJ Spiller or Melvin Gordon

I'm not worried at all about Spiller's knee and obviously for the sake of the question assume he plays.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

365 Nog Hogger posted:

I'll Take Matty Ice there.
Now riddle me this:

Brady v PIT
OR
Eli @ DAL

I just traded Gio and Woodhead for Tommyboy because the thought of Eli at the wheel made me queasy

I like Tommy Touchdown there. "Putrid" is almost too nice of a word to describe PIT's secondary. And his two backs are more receiving backs than anything. Both games will probably be a shootout.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Timett posted:

.5 ppr

CJ Spiller or Melvin Gordon

I'm not worried at all about Spiller's knee and obviously for the sake of the question assume he plays.

Spiller. I expect Woodhead to get the nod on passing downs over Gordon.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Zombie Tsunami posted:

I like Tommy Touchdown there. "Putrid" is almost too nice of a word to describe PIT's secondary. And his two backs are more receiving backs than anything. Both games will probably be a shootout.

Yeah I'm rollin with Angry Cheekbones tonight, if for no other reason than I want to be invested in the opener.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
.5 PPR

Have to fill my Flex. Pick one:

Brandon Marshall
Bishop Sankey
A Bolden
Stevie Johnson
DeAngelo Williams

I have literally no idea who to play here.

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
Looking at that, DeAngelo is the right play. He'll be lined up for touches, guaranteed.

That said, where are we ranking DeAngelo this week? Above guys like Crowell and Coleman? Ivory? Randle/DMC/Dunbar/Michael?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Benne posted:

Spiller. I expect Woodhead to get the nod on passing downs over Gordon.

Welp never mind!

Ian Rapoport
‏@RapSheet

#Saints RB CJ Spiller (knee) will not play in Week 1, I’m told, as he recovers from that minor knee surgery. Likely good to go after that

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Here's a tough one:
(Standard scoring, non-ppr.)

Who do I FLEX?

Joseph Randle v NYG
Darren McFadden v NYG
Markus Wheaton @ NE
Ameer Abdullah @ SD
Anquan Boldin v MIN

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

.5 PPR

Have to fill my Flex. Pick one:

Brandon Marshall
Bishop Sankey
A Bolden
Stevie Johnson
DeAngelo Williams

I have literally no idea who to play here.

I don't like that. Marshall or Stevie are better options.

RCarr posted:

Here's a tough one:
(Standard scoring, non-ppr.)

Who do I FLEX?

Joseph Randle v NYG
Darren McFadden v NYG
Markus Wheaton @ NE
Ameer Abdullah @ SD
Anquan Boldin v MIN

Ehhh, I guess pay super close attention to news in the minutes leading up to the game, say a prayer, and pick one of those Dallas RBs.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES
Having a tough time with this one:

Pick 1 FLEX, 0.5 PPR

Steve Smith Sr. @Den
Allen Robinson vs. Car
Rashad Jennings @Dal

So far I'm leaning Smith...

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Standard. I drafted Bell, so which member of this rogues' gallery should fill in for my first of two weeks without a #1 pick:
DeAngelo Williams v NE
Jonathan Stewart v JAX
Joseph Randle v NYG

Leaning toward Stewart.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Standard. I drafted Bell, so which member of this rogues' gallery should fill in for my first of two weeks without a #1 pick:
DeAngelo Williams v NE
Jonathan Stewart v JAX
Joseph Randle v NYG

Leaning toward Stewart.

Personally I would go randle, because a) I have heard JAX D is suspiciously good and b) I have heard NYG D is atrociously bad.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I need another flex: 0 ppr, standard scoring. Pick between:
RB: Tevin Coleman, J Randle
WR: Golden Tate, Stevie Johnson, Andre Johnson

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Malloreon posted:

I have heard NYG D is atrociously bad.

I can confirm this as a Giants fan.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

DeAngelo Williams v NE
Jonathan Stewart v JAX
Joseph Randle v NYG

Leaning toward Stewart.

I would go with Stewart until we see what kind of RBBC Dallas uses.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Amergin posted:

I would go with Stewart until we see what kind of RBBC Dallas uses.

Go Randle, the Giants defense is a dumpster fire.

Williams will have a decent game but NE at least is able to field people not coming from the street corner.

Jax has a really good front 7, and Jonathan Stewart has not been impressive in a long time...that's a trap to play him.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Amergin posted:

Having a tough time with this one:

Pick 1 FLEX, 0.5 PPR

Steve Smith Sr. @Den
Allen Robinson vs. Car
Rashad Jennings @Dal

So far I'm leaning Smith...

I kinda like Robinson here, to be honest. With Julius down, Robinson will see a ton of targets. It may not amount for much yardage, but the PPR points will add up and I think he'll score at least once.

DeAngelo Williams v NE
Jonathan Stewart v JAX
Joseph Randle v NYG

Leaning toward Stewart.

Agreed, Stewart.

My turn!

Need a flex, 0 PPR, standard scoring.

Crowell @ NYJ
Allen Robinson vs. Car
VJax vs. Ten
John Brown vs NO

Leaning between the first two but open to suggestions. For what it's worth, my current starting RBs are Lamar Miller & Jeremy Hill and my WRs are Randall Cobb and Andre Johnson

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

I kinda like Robinson here, to be honest. With Julius down, Robinson will see a ton of targets. It may not amount for much yardage, but the PPR points will add up and I think he'll score at least once.

Agreed, Stewart.

My turn!

Need a flex, 0 PPR, standard scoring.

Crowell @ NYJ
Allen Robinson vs. Car
VJax vs. Ten
John Brown vs NO

Leaning between the first two but open to suggestions. For what it's worth, my current starting RBs are Lamar Miller & Jeremy Hill and my WRs are Randall Cobb and Andre Johnson

I'd go with either of the same. Leaning Crowell.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
Snagged Brees in the 6th, value felt too good to ignore, I then grabbed Bradford in the 12th once again because I couldn't leave value like that on the board. I don't usually roster 2 QBs and this is why. Do you guys go

Brees @ ARI

or

Bradford @ ATL

Hopefully Brees is far enough from stud status I don't get mocked. ATL has a tougher D and ATL is a gong show.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

ZIGfried posted:

Snagged Brees in the 6th, value felt too good to ignore, I then grabbed Bradford in the 12th once again because I couldn't leave value like that on the board. I don't usually roster 2 QBs and this is why. Do you guys go

Brees @ ARI

or

Bradford @ ATL

Hopefully Brees is far enough from stud status I don't get mocked. ATL has a tougher D and ATL is a gong show.

I think you meant that ARI had the tougher D. Which is true, but I think the Saints are going to try to expose the linebackers in coverage. For the first few weeks of the season, let ADP be your guide until there is clear separation. While Bradford certainly can play to the level of Brees, Brees is more likely to do it consistently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

ZIGfried posted:

Brees @ ARI

or

Bradford @ ATL

You're not crazy, but I'd still start Brees over Bradford until we can know for sure Bradford's extended time off hasn't diminished his ability.

• Locked thread