Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
.5 PPR, questioning my Flex

Chris Ivory or Kendall Wright?, currently have Wright but questioning myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-Tron
Jul 3, 2007

1999 was a hard time
to be a scrub

Yam Slacker
Need a flex in 0.5 ppr, Ameer Abdullah or Roddy White?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Jota posted:

Standard scoring league, need to pick one for my flex spot:

Frank Gore vs. Buf
Chris Ivory vs Cle
Ameer Abdullah vs SD
Anquan Boldin vs. Min
Stevie Johnson vs. Detroit

Currently have Gore in there

I'd go Ivory.

e: Anyone have thoughts on mine?

12 teams, standard scoring, no PPR.

Need a flex.

TJ Yeldon vs Carolina
Alfred Blue vs KC
Stevie Johnson vs Det
Charles Johnson @ SF
Kendall Wright @ TB

I asked this one earlier and temporarily settled on Charles Johnson. But now I'm down big because I'm facing Gronk, and Lardarius Green likely isn't playing. Is Stevie the better play now?

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
Let's pick my starters. This is formatted with current starting positions and then bench.

league 1 (.25 ppr, 6 for all tds, points for big plays and big days ie 40+ yd plays, breaking 100yds 200 yds etc). I'm basically debating who to flex here since I think I have several options.

Stafford
D. Thomas, Beckham
Gordon, Hyde
Witten
FLEX: S. Smith

Bench: A Foster, Garcon, Tevin Coleman, D.G Beckham, B. Coleman, Fleener.

League 2. Standard scoring 6 all TDs. WR depth is butt right now. It's either Bernard or Cunningham. I'm kind of leaning towards Cunningham since I think he's a3 down back until Mason or Gurley return from injury.

Ben
Cobb, Tate, Wheaton
Lacy, Gore
Witten
FLEX: Bernard

Bench:A foster, Stafford, Lafell, Doresett,Benny Cunningham

Here's the FA list for WRs currently... it's pretty bad. Sanu is the only one on there I think worth anything more than a WR4 now. I'm thinking he has to be an upgrade over Dorsett probably, who is the WR3? Cecil Shorts might be the only other but I think that's only in PPR.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
.5 ppr

Larry Donnell @ dal
Owen Daniels v bal
Benjamin Watson @ ari
Dwayne Allen @ buf

I've basically talked myself into and then out of each of these guys in my TE spot. I put myself entirely in your hands.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

D-Tron posted:

Need a flex in 0.5 ppr, Ameer Abdullah or Roddy White?

White is the safer play I think. We don't even know 100% what Abdullah's role is. He's technically 3rd on the depth chart.

I think he will quickly rise to action but week 1 I would go for the safer play.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

DeepDickPizza posted:

This is a tough one. I feel really dirty about it, but I think I'd personally go with Ivory, partially due to the fact that I'm worried about Buffalo's D. Aside from Hopkins, who are your other WR/RBs that you can't start both of these guys?

I have Dez and AD as my WR/RB1, but now that you mention it I think I'll slot Ivory in over Gore who also has the Buffalo D problem.

Stressing over starters in a 10-team league is some real first world problems poo poo

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

^^ Between the supposed 'pitch count' for Gore and the matchup with Buffalo's D I don't like him at all this week. I'd go Ivory for sure.

Timett posted:

.5 ppr

Larry Donnell @ dal
Owen Daniels v bal
Benjamin Watson @ ari
Dwayne Allen @ buf

I've basically talked myself into and then out of each of these guys in my TE spot. I put myself entirely in your hands.

I'd maybe go with Donnell. Basically just have to guess which of them will end up with a TD, and I like that Cowboys/Giants game as a high scoring matchup.

Back it up Terry
Nov 20, 2006

1 point ppr. Everything else is standard
Pick 1
A Abdullah
A Morris
A Brown

D-Tron
Jul 3, 2007

1999 was a hard time
to be a scrub

Yam Slacker

Timett posted:

White is the safer play I think. We don't even know 100% what Abdullah's role is. He's technically 3rd on the depth chart.

I think he will quickly rise to action but week 1 I would go for the safer play.

Yeah this makes sense, looking for the higher floor this week anyway since my opponent has a couple guys out. Thanks for the input!

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
RE: Jeremy Hill/DeMarco Murray

Benne posted:

How many RB spots do you have? You can't start both guys?

I have two spots and am already playing Eddie Lacy in the other one. League is a keeper league so I have too many good RBs, planning on the future.

Stupid Dick
May 25, 2004

.1 per yard, 6 for TD

In a tough spot with three rookie running backs:

Melvin Gordon v Detriot
TJ Yeldon v Carolina
Ameer Abdullah @ San Diego

Gordon and Yeldon play two of the top lines in football last year and Ameer Abdullah is a second stringer behind Joique Bell. What would some of you do? I'm leaning more towards Abdullah right now with the hope of him doing some receiving out of the backfield.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

RE: Jeremy Hill/DeMarco Murray

I have two spots and am already playing Eddie Lacy in the other one. League is a keeper league so I have too many good RBs, planning on the future.

I'd go with Hill.

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
Flex options, 1PPR, Pt/10 Yds

Yeldon vs CAR
Charles Johnson @ SF
Owen Daniels vs BAL

Have Yeldon in now, any reason to change?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Gobias Ind. posted:

I'd go with Hill.

Thanks. I'm super torn, I know whichever one I don't play will go apeshit.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Non-PPR, standard Yahoo. Need to pick a flex.

Amari Cooper vs CIN
Carlos Hyde vs MIN

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Jarvis Landry or amari Cooper, non ppr

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

ZenVulgarity posted:

Jarvis Landry or amari Cooper, non ppr

Landry.

Gooble Gobble
May 2, 2011

One of us
ESPN standard:
Alshon Jeffery or Carlos Hyde for flex?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
1PPR, pick 1

Alshon Jeffrey vs. GB (they're saying he's on a "pitch count")
Vincent Jackson vs. Ten (Mike Evans may not play)

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

THE MACHO MAN posted:

Let's pick my starters. This is formatted with current starting positions and then bench.

league 1 (.25 ppr, 6 for all tds, points for big plays and big days ie 40+ yd plays, breaking 100yds 200 yds etc). I'm basically debating who to flex here since I think I have several options.

Stafford
D. Thomas, Beckham
Gordon, Hyde
Witten
FLEX: S. Smith

Bench: A Foster, Garcon, Tevin Coleman, D.G Beckham, B. Coleman, Fleener.

League 2. Standard scoring 6 all TDs. WR depth is butt right now. It's either Bernard or Cunningham. I'm kind of leaning towards Cunningham since I think he's a3 down back until Mason or Gurley return from injury.

Ben
Cobb, Tate, Wheaton
Lacy, Gore
Witten
FLEX: Bernard

Bench:A foster, Stafford, Lafell, Doresett,Benny Cunningham

Here's the FA list for WRs currently... it's pretty bad. Sanu is the only one on there I think worth anything more than a WR4 now. I'm thinking he has to be an upgrade over Dorsett probably, who is the WR3? Cecil Shorts might be the only other but I think that's only in PPR.

anything?

TheManWithNoName posted:

Non-PPR, standard Yahoo. Need to pick a flex.

Amari Cooper vs CIN
Carlos Hyde vs MIN

Gooble Gobble posted:

ESPN standard:
Alshon Jeffery or Carlos Hyde for flex?

Hyde for both of these imo. I doubt SF gets blown out by MIN, as bad as they are, so Hyde shuld be playing all day against a D that's not good vs the run. Jeffery is hobbled, Cooper is more of a gamble.

THE MACHO MAN fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Sep 13, 2015

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

So I still have a few minutes left: Larry Fitzgerald or Isaiah Crowell for my flex spot? 1 PPR.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!

compton rear end terry posted:

1 point ppr. Everything else is standard
Pick 1
A Abdullah
A Morris
A Brown

Go with Antonio Brown. I'm guaranteeing 9 catches for 133 yards and a touch down. Book it.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Rogue Elephant posted:

So I still have a few minutes left: Larry Fitzgerald or Isaiah Crowell for my flex spot? 1 PPR.

Fitz

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

I think Fitz because without Floyd he and Brown will get a lot of targets.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Stick with Smith in league 1. I'd start Benny Cunningham over Gio in league 2. I wouldn't drop anyone for any of those WRs. You don't need to worry about it this week, so deal with it later.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

THE MACHO MAN posted:

Ahh I didn't realize both of them were out. Definitely Fitz then.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

THE MACHO MAN posted:

Floyd is playing

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I guess Mike Evans is extremely questionable, so do I play:

Agholor
Charles Johnson
Stevie Johnson
Brandon Coleman

Hmm

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

SeannieDarko posted:

1PPR, pick 1

Alshon Jeffrey vs. GB (they're saying he's on a "pitch count")
Vincent Jackson vs. Ten (Mike Evans may not play)

Bumping mine. Leaning Jeffrey

AK-47
Jul 10, 2001

Joeseph Randle or Benny Cunningham for standard league with .5 ppr? Really torn on this one.

AK-47 fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Sep 13, 2015

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Ehud posted:

I guess Mike Evans is extremely questionable, so do I play:

Agholor
Charles Johnson
Stevie Johnson
Brandon Coleman

Hmm

I like Agholor.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

I think you're right in thinking that Smith and Cunningham are your best flex plays here.

Next time I'd say don't post such a wall of information in Sit/Start. It reduces the chance anyone will read it all and answer. If Flex is your problem, just ask about your Flex options.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

Cervixalot posted:

Floyd is playing

Whoopsie.

I might lean towards Crowell then actually. I think the Cards will have their pass totals spread out among those three this year.

RVProfootballer posted:

Stick with Smith in league 1. I'd start Benny Cunningham over Gio in league 2. I wouldn't drop anyone for any of those WRs. You don't need to worry about it this week, so deal with it later.

Yeah I don't need it this week, but I'm trying to get the FA for free while I still can. Hopefully Cunningham goes off and I can dangle him for another WR since Foster/GIo can carry my flex easily.

DeepDickPizza posted:

I think you're right in thinking that Smith and Cunningham are your best flex plays here.

Next time I'd say don't post such a wall of information in Sit/Start. It reduces the chance anyone will read it all and answer. If Flex is your problem, just ask about your Flex options.

Got it, thanks. I put it in in case anyone was thinking to change more of my starters overall. That makes sense though.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

THE MACHO MAN posted:

Got it, thanks. I put it in in case anyone was thinking to change more of my starters overall. That makes sense though.

I think more of those discussions happen in the main FF thread. Every time I've ever posted more than a couple sentences in the sit/start thread, it's usually met by an overwhelming :geno:

Heisenator
Mar 30, 2010
Probably will have to sit out Evans in the flex.

Who should I pick out of:

Derrick McFadden, ameer Abdullah, Stevie Johnson, or Charles Johnson.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

VietCampo posted:

I'd go with Ivory here in a standard league, as Gore has been said to be on a snap count to preserve him for the postseason and the matchup is tough.

Gobias Ind. posted:

I'd go Ivory.

You're good people

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Heisenator posted:

Probably will have to sit out Evans in the flex.

Who should I pick out of:

Derrick McFadden, ameer Abdullah, Stevie Johnson, or Charles Johnson.

No, Yes, Yes, No

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Ok so I'm down by 2 going into Monday night. My opponent has Jordan Mathews (WR - PHI) left to play and I can either play Roddy White (WR - ATL) or Anquan Boldin (WR - SF), what's my best chance at squeaking out a victory here?

edit: .5 PPR league.

Ouhei fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Sep 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

matthew j
Nov 29, 2009

do work son.
Isaiah Crowell or Amari Copper in my flex spot for a PPR league?

• Locked thread