Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chairman Pow!
Apr 23, 2010

Mike-o posted:

So does the WiiU version of all three editions run like poo poo compared to say, PS3 and PS4? My daughter has a ton of figures but we never got into it until recently because the Wii version of 1.0 ran like dog poo poo. I wouldn't mind picking up just the game discs by themselves for PS3/4 if it means smoother gameplay.

The WiiU runs like 100% better than even 2.0 did on it. The load times are short, and very nice performance, we had a lot of issues with 2.0 but 3 has fixed them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

We have both the Wii U and 360 versions and they run about the same. Some slowdown in graphically intensive stuff during split screen play but otherwise runs great.

Xbone and PS4 run better though from what I've seen elsewhere.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Has there been any info on how to fix your house if you get the disappearing entrance room bug? My main room vanished about 2 weeks after I bought the game and it is still broken. I would be happy to just reset my home, but I can't find how to do that or if you even can do that. Everything else works fine, even the rest of the house works fine. I just zone into my house, fall for a few seconds, then I appear in another room but I am unable to access the main area.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
http://youtu.be/WV2JPl6qoLo

Earlier today, some way better pictures of ant man, black panther, vision, and black suit Spider-man in their packaging were briefly put up on a toy store website, and this guy snagged them before they were taken down. No release date was noted, but they'll probably come out whenever the marvel playset does.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Just popping in to say that playing through the Star Wars campaign and finishing it today with my son was some of the best gaming times I've ever had, we had such a good laugh

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

Space_Butler posted:

Earlier today, some way better pictures of ant man, black panther, vision, and black suit Spider-man in their packaging were briefly put up on a toy store website, and this guy snagged them before they were taken down. No release date was noted, but they'll probably come out whenever the marvel playset does.

Woah, Antman is quite... Cartoony. Not sure about the Panther design.

Still shocking that there's still no Scarlet Witch (Unless she comes with the Marvel playset with the new Captain America)

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Andrew_1985 posted:

Woah, Antman is quite... Cartoony. Not sure about the Panther design.

Still shocking that there's still no Scarlet Witch (Unless she comes with the Marvel playset with the new Captain America)

I hope that she is the person bundled with Captain America. Unless they randomly decide to add another Iron Man to 3.0, she is the most likely candidate since the other rumored characters are single releases.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

Space_Butler posted:

Apparently the playset is releasing March 15th. Some websites have it and the power disc pack up for preorder.

Speaking of which, the guy who made that video didn't show the leaked image of the power disc pack or of the other new figure, Baloo.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

MissileWaster posted:

Apparently the playset is releasing March 15th. Some websites have it and the power disc pack up for preorder.

Speaking of which, the guy who made that video didn't show the leaked image of the power disc pack or of the other new figure, Baloo.

The power disc pack is pretty weird and random, but I guess it's better than strictly adhering to the films. I like the mixture of comic and film stuff we've gotten in the games.

For anyone that cares, the pack is
- Tesseract (event disc)
- Nova Corps (event disc)
- Darkhawk (team up disc?)
- Ghost Rider's motorcycle (hex vehicle)

And that's cool we're getting a surprise original, but I wonder when that Peter Pan vote figure is supposed to come out.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Space_Butler posted:

The power disc pack is pretty weird and random, but I guess it's better than strictly adhering to the films. I like the mixture of comic and film stuff we've gotten in the games.

For anyone that cares, the pack is
- Tesseract (event disc)
- Nova Corps (event disc)
- Darkhawk (team up disc?)
- Ghost Rider's motorcycle (hex vehicle)

And that's cool we're getting a surprise original, but I wonder when that Peter Pan vote figure is supposed to come out.

I think I read that Peter Pan is coming out like late summer/early fall. And now I want to find the Ghost Rider's Chain Whip power disc for maximum enjoyment with the motorcycle. Using Jack Skelington, of course.

And if you haven't seen the pictures of the spoilered figure I posted, look them up, it looks phenomenal.

E: Oh, and for the new figures releasing after Nick and Judy for Zootopia (and not counting black suit spiderman), they're going to require software updates to use. There's going to be a marker thing on their packaging so you'll know.

Miker525
Jan 2, 2011
For anyone interested all 3.0 figures are $10 this week at Best Buy or $8 if you have GCU. Picked up Darth Maul today as I continue to build my collection.

I've played through TotR and RAtE and am almost done with TFA so after that I guess I'll go onto tinkering with the Toybox stuff. I haven't downloaded any Toybox worlds or tried making my own yet but building Toyboxes that are decent seems kinda rough? I'm downloading the Steam version to link to my account because I figure that might make it a bit easier but are there any solid guides on how to really make the best use of Toybox?

Overall though I hate how much money I've dumped into it I really love the game as a whole. Plus I have these awesome figures to display at the end of it

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Hey, what about Inside Out? :mad:

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!

mutata posted:

Hey, what about Inside Out? :mad:

It's okay! The worst thing was probably the lack of platforming enemies. Or Joy's voice.
Oh, wait. No. It's the final cutscene in that playset.

What's your favourite 3.0 thing you've worked on mutata?

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
The Marvel Battlegrounds playset will drop the second figure to only contain the one figure of helmetless Captain America and will be a whole 5 dollars cheaper.

This is pretty loving stupid, to be honest, but this definitely reeks of a Disney official decision and not Avalanche or DIS. I mean, on top of just a variant of an existing figure, they aren't putting in a female figure? The whole borderline hatred of women by Marvel in merchandising has always been pretty terrible, but now Disney is trying to wrap it in the flag of "getting a discount". Well then if I even bother to buy this thing it won't be til Amazon or Best Buy are pulling a fire sale on it. Best we can hope for is Scarlet Witch actually exists and gets a solo release, I feel bad for the girls that play this game that want to be a superhero besides Black Widow or Gamorra.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Space_Butler posted:

The Marvel Battlegrounds playset will drop the second figure to only contain the one figure of helmetless Captain America and will be a whole 5 dollars cheaper.

This is pretty loving stupid, to be honest, but this definitely reeks of a Disney official decision and not Avalanche or DIS. I mean, on top of just a variant of an existing figure, they aren't putting in a female figure? The whole borderline hatred of women by Marvel in merchandising has always been pretty terrible, but now Disney is trying to wrap it in the flag of "getting a discount". Well then if I even bother to buy this thing it won't be til Amazon or Best Buy are pulling a fire sale on it. Best we can hope for is Scarlet Witch actually exists and gets a solo release, I feel bad for the girls that play this game that want to be a superhero besides Black Widow or Gamorra.

Yeah I probably skip that one or wait until I can find the playset piece for five bucks or something. The Marvel side of Disney Infinity always been the weakest to be honest. It so weird how people like Scarlet Witch get ignored, but loving Yondu gets put in.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

Rirse posted:

Yeah I probably skip that one or wait until I can find the playset piece for five bucks or something. The Marvel side of Disney Infinity always been the weakest to be honest. It so weird how people like Scarlet Witch get ignored, but loving Yondu gets put in.

If Ike Perlmutter at Marvel has any say in a matter, women are always neglected. He notoriously hates female-aimed merchandise and still thinks girls dont like explosions or play with non-Barbies. This is also why there were such loving stupid decisions with Age of Ultron merchandise that the toy version of the scene where Widow picks up cap's shield on a motorcycle had her replaced with Cap and, I'm not kidding, Iron Man. Perlmutter feels so strongly about women not playing with "boys toys" that having Iron Man ride a motorcycle makes more sense to him.

Sucks for the devs though because a lot of people are going to assume it's John V and the infinity team responsible for this, like how a lot of people got mad at him for not unveiling Ant-Man at comic-con despite it being another clear case of Disney fuckery.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

What a disappointing decision. Not just about no Scarlet Witch but the set itself.

It's a multiplayer-focused playset and doesn't even come with enough characters for two people to play. That's just dumb y'all.

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jan 19, 2016

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Space_Butler posted:

Interesting stuff.

Andrew_1985 posted:

It's okay! The worst thing was probably the lack of platforming enemies. Or Joy's voice.
Oh, wait. No. It's the final cutscene in that playset.

What's your favourite 3.0 thing you've worked on mutata?

Well since you asked...!

So I worked primarily on Inside Out this go around. There were only 4 3d environment artists on Inside Out for most of the production and we had a lot to do in a little amount of time. I was given a task to design the general look of the castle-themed levels. It was really important to me and our art director that we avoid the "safe" (read "lazy") route of just defaulting to what I called "the Barbie aisle" look where we just sneeze pink all over and call it good. This wasn't corporate "girl products", this was Riley's mind, a specific girl (and as she is a Pixar creation, she has some solid tomboy tendencies). I tried to make it a point to avoid straight pink as much as possible and specifically include other colors: green grass, purple, blues, and leave oranges and reds for lava areas. I was really pleased with how it all came together with other members of the team adding to it and iterating on it. This area was one of the first areas of the game to get an art pass:

Along with the bull area right after it. I also did the art for the bull which became one of the most popular enemies.

Another level that I was able to dress single-handedly is the very first intro level (with the yellow slide and the ball and the flip flops, etc), and I'm quite proud of that one. Most of the levels in that theme were mish-mashes of lots of different props, but there's one section of that level where playtesters ended up spending more time than usual, which was what we called "the rocket room" where you have to launch the toy rocket. Instead of making that area a mashup of random props, I decided to try to make the entire area it's own little environment, like a toy playset you'd buy at Toys R Us or something. My wife and I love space travel and NASA and I REALLY wanted to put in some math- and science-themed elements as another step away from "the Barbie aisle" look. I even designed a "Riley Space Program" logo to plaster all over the place. I'm quite proud of how that area came out as well.

Here's my reel of more of my Inside Out work:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU2NTL_RoA8

mutata fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jan 19, 2016

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
Has anyone had an issue with saving in DI 3.0? I can't save ANY toyboxes I create. I uninstalling, reinstalled, forgot my disney account, reattached it. Nothing is working and it's pissing me off. I like to create poo poo but I'm not spending a second in there because it will be lost.

Xbox One, Digital Download. I also tried all the saving options in different combinations.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
I keep losing my myinterior. Same thing xbone digital edition. I save my farming toy boxes to the cloud, but I did lose it once.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Have no problems on the PS4 thankfully.

By the way, does anyone ever use the codes that comes with the figures. I want to get the ones for Iron Fist, Violet, Randall, Ashoka/Anakin, and Star Lord/Gamora. I have some spare codes to trade for them if needed. Mostly so I can use those characters on the Steam version.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Just as a heads up, Toys R Us has all 3.0 playsets for half off and buy 2 figures for $17 today only.

I picked up the three playsets and some figures to go with them, this is definitely the best price the playsets have seen so far.

Kilazar
Mar 23, 2010
Just picked 3.0 starter up along with Sabine and Vader.

Someone said you can turn off friendly fire. But was not clear. Is it a menu option or a disk/toy that was needed to do this?

Edit - nm. I figured it out. You have to buy in game the team toys.

Kilazar fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jan 27, 2016

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Shawn posted:

I keep losing my myinterior. Same thing xbone digital edition. I save my farming toy boxes to the cloud, but I did lose it once.

My cloud saves just appeared out of nowhere but when I try to load them it locks up the game. Same thing happens when I try to even enter MyInt or Toy Box hub. What the living hell?

The playsets save just fine.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Disney Infinity Next event about to start on youtube. suppose to be some big announcements.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p2cYYorv3o

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

badjohny posted:

Disney Infinity Next event about to start on youtube. suppose to be some big announcements.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p2cYYorv3o

Nothing new announced, just stuff leaked. But it does sound like there no 4.0 this year and putting more characters and playsets out for 3.0 instead.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Still waiting for my must have characters, Pepper-Ann Pierson and Mike Eisner.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Rirse posted:

Nothing new announced, just stuff leaked. But it does sound like there no 4.0 this year and putting more characters and playsets out for 3.0 instead.

Yeah even the teasers at the end leaked (well, at least the Alice in Wonderland stuff, I don't think any Finding Dory stuff leaked yet).

And the fact that there's at least 4 new playsets coming out for 3.0 is good news, and that they'll be doing more Marvel characters down the line, so maybe we'll get Scarlet Witch.

I bought a few more figures yesterday, including Hulkbuster, and holy poo poo that figure is big. And heavy. I love it, makes me hopeful they'll do more big guys, like maybe Thanos.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI

MissileWaster posted:

Yeah even the teasers at the end leaked (well, at least the Alice in Wonderland stuff, I don't think any Finding Dory stuff leaked yet).

And the fact that there's at least 4 new playsets coming out for 3.0 is good news, and that they'll be doing more Marvel characters down the line, so maybe we'll get Scarlet Witch.

I bought a few more figures yesterday, including Hulkbuster, and holy poo poo that figure is big. And heavy. I love it, makes me hopeful they'll do more big guys, like maybe Thanos.

I think the marvel playset is the marvel battleground thing unfortunately, though I hope they add Scarlet later on.

I heard the problem with adding her has to do with the deal with Fox, which explains why Quicksilver didn't get a fig either despite Ultron getting one post-Avengers 2.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

I was Wal-Mart today and saw a bunch of the Boba Fett figures out so I went to buy one and the register flagged it as not being able to be sold. Is it not "released" yet?

I did see Amazon is saying the 15th, but wasn't sure if maybe they just put it out early or what.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
It's already in stores where I live. (Europe)

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Quasipox posted:

I was Wal-Mart today and saw a bunch of the Boba Fett figures out so I went to buy one and the register flagged it as not being able to be sold. Is it not "released" yet?

I did see Amazon is saying the 15th, but wasn't sure if maybe they just put it out early or what.

It doesn't go on sale until the 15th, some places put stuff out early even though they aren't supposed to. Sometimes you can get the apathetic kid working the register to sell it anyway, but eh, may as well just wait until Tuesday.

Also, Dory leaked:

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I'm so proud of being announced via Mac and cheese box.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

mutata posted:

Does it come with a free copy of Beyond Good & Evil?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I wonder how fish work on land and if existing characters will be able to swim

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

mutata posted:

I love how some of these leaks happen. Like, Baloo leaked on some camera parts website, and I think the Alice in Wonderland stuff leaked in some Spanish movie magazine.

I scored an Infinity Gauntlet power disc on ebay a few days ago and it just showed up in the mail. Even though it's not that great in game because of the charge up time, it's still a pretty cool looking disc! I love the rare discs honestly, and I've been trying to collect the Toys R Us rare discs, the crown jewel on that end is the Tron skybox disc. It's purple and looks awesome, really makes me want to get the terrain one.

Also, has there been any word at all about Disney releasing the King Mickey power disc to the masses/us plebes? They're still pretty ridiculous on eBay but I really want to get my hands on one.

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

I'll Sequence your Storm.
King Mickey? Nope!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Why did I buy the star wars set. :negative: Now all I can think of is which character I'm going to get next, but who am I even kidding?

MissileWaster posted:

I love how some of these leaks happen. Like, Baloo leaked on some camera parts website, and I think the Alice in Wonderland stuff leaked in some Spanish movie magazine.

I scored an Infinity Gauntlet power disc on ebay a few days ago and it just showed up in the mail. Even though it's not that great in game because of the charge up time, it's still a pretty cool looking disc! I love the rare discs honestly, and I've been trying to collect the Toys R Us rare discs, the crown jewel on that end is the Tron skybox disc. It's purple and looks awesome, really makes me want to get the terrain one.

Also, has there been any word at all about Disney releasing the King Mickey power disc to the masses/us plebes? They're still pretty ridiculous on eBay but I really want to get my hands on one.
We (my wife mostly ) have them all, except the King Mickey disc. She's very annoyed at it. It's pretty lovely only releasing it in a limited event in America.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Some bad news for PC players... new support has been dropped for 3.0. All current playsets and characters are fine. But Marvel Battlegrounds Playset or any new playsets will not be supported. Or New characters including Nick/Judy/Baloo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Apparently some Alice assets got patched in early and it includes pics of the figure poses

http://disneyinfinitycodes.com/first-look-through-the-looking-glass-figures/

I wonder if they might do a classic animated Alice costume disc? Looks odd without the apron thing

• Locked thread