Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Spider-Gwen time. I mean, it's not actually Spider-Gwen time, but it's a look at what could have been Spider-Gwen time.

I think that's about for full renders of figures on the list of "Ones we heard were in development" aside from the premium ones.

Edit: I mean there's also various artworks from people, like a concept for a Goofy figure here if you scroll down a bit but it isn't anything concrete. Not a finalized model or anything just his concept for a Goofy figure.

Viewtiful Jew fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jun 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

:O

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Mutata, I told my son a few days ago that I was reading this thread and that you'd worked on Infinity. He went :aaaaa: and said to tell you thanks "because Infinity is awesome!"

We bought about $250 worth of Infinity stuff this week, so we're planning on playing it for long time :)

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
Probably a dumb question...

If I play through the Finding Dory set, will it spoil the movie?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Nostratic posted:

Mutata, I told my son a few days ago that I was reading this thread and that you'd worked on Infinity. He went :aaaaa: and said to tell you thanks "because Infinity is awesome!"

We bought about $250 worth of Infinity stuff this week, so we're planning on playing it for long time :)

:3: These are my favorite comments! Tell him I said thank you so much for playing!

And the Dory playset will spoil aspects of the movie, yes. Characters and locations from the movie feature prominently. It takes place AFTER the movie ends, but it doesn't discuss or follow the movie's plot, but you can make a lot of general inferences.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
Thanks! I think my daughter is going to see it tomorrow, but I want her to be able to enjoy it fully!

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
That Goofy concept art is breaking my heart (Spider Gwen looks amazing, too).

First he gets the shaft in Infinity, and then he wasn't featured in a recent Disney Lego Minifigures line! Goofy is awesome and should feature prominently in more stuff.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
But we can't have Goofy and Spider-Gwen when we have such great characters like Yondu and Time!

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Don't forget Ronan!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Game needed a fourth Johnny Depp figure.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Ronan made some sense because he was the villain for GotG, like how we got Loki and Ultron too

So at least he wasn't total nonsense at the time

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

True, but he was such a boring and forgettable villain. I never thought characters like Nick Fury were that great either. There just seemed to be a lot of filler characters.

Makes sense after reading all the behind the scenes stuff with the studios demanding certain characters. I think if the team had been able to control all that with no outside influences we would have gotten less filler stuff.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
I think there was maybe an assumption that people would be completionists when kids just sorta wanted the favorites that they knew.

MrCobaiiiiiiiiin
Oct 19, 2011

I have 1.0, 2.0, and the complete set of everything for 1 and most of two (missing a couple Guardians and Nick Fury, plus like 5 non-Marvel power disks), gameplaywise is 3 worth it? I definitely enjoyed 2 a lot more than 1, but if it isn't much of an improvement over 2 I'm wondering if I should pass. Also contemplating just hunking down the cash and getting the entire set of everything, since I imagine at some point having a complete set of every Infinity item would fetch a pretty good amount on eBay awhile down the line when I've 100%'d all campaigns and get tired of Sandboxing.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I think 3.0 is our best work, unless you don't like Star Wars.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

3 is a big step up from 2, and between Toy Box Takeover, Toy Box Speedway, and Marvel Battlegrounds there's a lot of good places to use 1.0 and 2.0 figures in the game. Plus the new playsets are pretty fun all around.

If you enjoyed the previous games at all you'll like 3.0 even more

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Kelp Plankton posted:

Ronan made some sense because he was the villain for GotG, like how we got Loki and Ultron too

So at least he wasn't total nonsense at the time

I wonder if we could have gotten a Thanos figure in the hypothetical next season or if they were being forced to wait until he finally got off his throne in a movie and start smacking dudes around with his gauntlet. Maybe we could have just gotten a "Sitting in his throne" Thanos figure as a compromise.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Hey mutata, do you know what the deal was with all the fuckery involved with the pc versions of these games? Can't use the figures with it despite the base being a USB accessory, can't do two player splitscreen so to play with someone you need two PC's and two of everything else... I feel like a lot of people were probably turned off by that, and the Steam reviews seem to reflect that as well.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I had no involvement in the PC version whatsoever, but I believe it was given funding equivalent to the perceived profit it would bring in (little to none). I don't really know why it was made in the first place aside from some form of "Well, shouldn't we have a PC version?" feet shuffling.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

It could have easily been the best edition. I like having the option of buying digital chars OR statues. Would have been cool to have utilized the base, too.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
The only thing I really wanted to get fixed was the Hall of Heroes. I thought it just needed a whole overhaul.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Microsoft Store had a huge sale on this stuff so I picked up the Force Awakens and Inside Out Playsets, a judy hopps figure and both of the expansions. I've only messed around with Toy Box Awakens or w/e it's called but it's pretty cool. I just wish there was a way to make the camera closer and change the action buttons around.

Also I haven't seen Inside Out yet if I play the play set will it ruin the movie not that it really matters

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Inside Out has general references to the film, but no real specific spoilers. It DOES take place chronologically after the movie, but it's more like a side story. Some general "this is how the world works" type stuff are referenced, so you'll spoil some of those "aha!" moments from the film. Also, you'll discover that Riley doesn't die or get murdered or whatever during the movie, so that's a spoiler, I guess.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thanks for the heads up. I really like this game :3

Are there any notable cool community Toy Box levels to check out? I did one that was a ride through of Spaceship Earth and that was p dang cool

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
A guy made some pretend figures for Deadpool and the 90s X Men. These are REALLY cool. The guy really captured the art style!

http://kotaku.com/deadpool-and-x-men-disney-infinity-figures-are-the-stuf-1783250201

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
My Target in Madison WI has everything pretty much half off and an additional 30% off through cartwheel.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Best Buy has a bunch of figures at a deep discount, including Finding Dory and Through the Looking Glass. I got Darth Maul for $1.60 after the Gamer's Club discount.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

The 60 day wind down is done. Infinity shutdown is official.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Are the servers off now?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Nope! It's just all the people who were working on it are officially no longer Disney employees.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
My wife managed to get a king mickey disc. :geno: At least it's done now.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
If anyone (else) still cares about the digital codes, I bought a second Tinkerbell because my daughter broke off one of her wings, so I have an extra code for her:

Q7QT 8CKB RKB8

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
They just sent out an email with the shut down timeline:

quote:

As of today (July 29, 2016)
No in-game purchases can be made within the PC, Steam version of Disney Infinity 2.0, iOS, Google Android, Amazon Android and Apple TV versions of the game as this feature has now been removed
You can continue to make in-game purchases within the Steam version of Disney Infinity 3.0.

As of September 30, 2016
You will no longer be able to log in to play the PC, iOS, Google Android and Amazon Android versions of Disney Infinity, these will no longer be available on the respective app stores
The Steam versions of Disney Infinity 2.0 & 3.0 will remain operational with the exception of all online services and community features as these will be discontinued
Apple TV versions of Disney Infinity will be removed from the AppStore
The Disney Infinity Community team will no longer be reviewing or approving any new Toy Boxes that are submitted to Disney for all console, mobile and PC versions of the game. However if you are playing on any console, Apple TV or Windows 8/10 versions of the game, you can continue to download your favorite Toy Boxes from the Community Content section until March 3, 2017

As of January 3, 2017
No in-game purchases can be made within the Windows 8/10 versions of the game as this feature will be removed

As of March 3, 2017
Apple TV and Windows 8/10 versions will no longer be available, supported or playable
All Disney Infinity online services and community features for all versions will be discontinued

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Gann Jerrod posted:

They just sent out an email with the shut down timeline:

I wonder how feasible/possible it would even be to get unofficial private servers up and running once it's all shutdown.

The fact that the PC, Apple TV, etc. versions will be outright unplayable by spring of next year is interesting.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

I hope there's some kind of unofficial servers. I bought legit content for the PC and don't want to get locked out.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I wonder how feasible/possible it would even be to get unofficial private servers up and running once it's all shutdown.

The fact that the PC, Apple TV, etc. versions will be outright unplayable by spring of next year is interesting.

Probably has to do with the fact those were digital editions? Since there's no physical disc and the figures were added via codes, it might be easier to lock out those ones as opposed to the console discs and figures, which are still sitting on store shelves in big numbers.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Couldn't they just stop the game from calling home instead of locking everyone out? Or is it that everything is saved on the Disney account and that's what unlocks the characters you've bought when you log in? I'm genuinely curious since I wasn't sure how it worked.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Overemotional Robot posted:

I hope there's some kind of unofficial servers. I bought legit content for the PC and don't want to get locked out.

Yeah I sort of doubt that Disney is going to be cool with anything unofficial. But who knows, maybe this time they won't be a bunch of dickbags.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
It could use some clarification. If I'm interpreting things correctly, the Steam version will be fine. No community updates and not able to buy new stuff, but still accessible. It seems like they are referring specifically to the Win 8/10 version coming to an end.

I dunno, still sucks. I've got about 9-10 figure to go. I love these little dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Just so I understand, do 1.0 and 2.0 playsets work with 3.0 (the one my nephew has)?

• Locked thread