Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Not to be nitpicky about people who make actual clcikbait links, but you think they could do a little basic research. This is wrong for several reasons.
1. The kid in the picture is Bug Hall, who played Alfalfa in "The Little Rascals" in 1994.
2. Bug is not dead.
3. This is supposed to be Carl Switzer, who played the original Alfalfa.
4. Carl, like almost every other person from the Our Gang serials, is dead. (There are just two or three actors from the entire group of 40 or so actors that are still alive.) There should be no surprise that he's dead, he was born in 1927. We don't have lots of people left from then. (Actually he died when he was shot during a dispute over a hunting dog and a reward for its recovery, so that might be a bit unusual.)

The only reason I pay attention to this is because I used to hang out in a movie memorabilia shop, and Darwood Kaye, who played Waldo in the "Our Gang" series was a friend of the owner and would hang out in the shop, too. He always had stories about the early days of the talkies. He was eventually killed in a hit-and-run accident when he was crossing the street.

Personally, it should have been "Celebs you didn't know were still alive: #17 is Abe Vigoda!"

Rant mode disengaged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread