Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Farthouse is dead. Long live Farthouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

This probably exists already, but anyone remember that Laughing Colonial Guy meme that was popular like ten years ago? I need to see him in Pats colors.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Reposting this from the Week 2 Aftermath thread:

Ozu posted:

These were on reddit and are amazing.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

"If the 49ers win, it'll be a drat miracle."

I hope this is your Dewey Beats Truman call for the year fuuuuuck yooooou cheeseheads :argh:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Been waiting for this one since Sunday :allears:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Febreeze posted:

If the Bears win, I will draw Jay Cutler dangling BBQ over Andy Reid’s head.

:pray:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

My prayers were answered. Allahu Ackbar!

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yeah but what if

I wished the same thing for the Packers-49ers game. God hates our dreams.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Febreeze posted:

I did, like, really bad this past weekend so here are the cartoons for week 10
http://uproxx.com/sports/2015/11/nfl-week-11-predictions/

quote:

If the Bears win, I will draw the Broncos exploding with Jay Cutler walking away not looking back.
:pray:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

Warriors fans are the Pats fans of basketball imo

So are we gonna get a 97-4 season?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Ehud posted:

hey dave

Every time these insufferable asshats resurface, I just think of Larry Czonka being murdered by black-hooded Canadian cultists and my blood pressure returns to normal.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

whypick1 posted:

...I think I know what I'm watching this afternoon.

ROWSDOWER!

Giant Spider Invasion is the silver lining of whenever the Packers do really well :unsmith:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

At some point, any thoughtful sports fan has to make peace with the fact that every fandom (yes, even yours) would root for Adolf Hitler if "The Dolf" played at a Hall of Fame level for their team.

FARTHOUSE: Needs more Godwin

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

*in the style of Jay-Z's lucifer*

drat Febreezy, you did it again

http://uproxx.com/sports/nfl-teams-as-wrestlers/

Hulk Hogan really should have been the Packers tbh, given that the Superbowl trophy is named after Lombardi and THEY ALWAYS WIN NO MATTER HOW SICK I AM OF THEM! :argh:

EDIT: Also while I think your choices are good, I'd have instinctively made the Bears C.M. Punk because he literally has Chicago's flag on his briefs. As for San Francisco, I'd go with Goldust, for obvious reasons.

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jan 22, 2016

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I got into wrestling in August of 2000, and lost interest almost the exact same time the next year (Invasion :cripes:)

I briefly started watching again around 2008, saw one PPV, and decided that my wrestling phase was over.

I still love reading stories about how :psyduck: the industry can be.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Dropped the noodle arms gimick :mediocre:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Crunkjuice posted:

It cracks me up too.

I can tell a story of a longhorn getting a 4 in a class as a final grade though. Cedric Benson took intro to piano (not an elective, but a freshman MUSIC MAJOR course), and somehow managed to get the one intro class taught by Martha Hilley, the coldest bitch of a professor I ever had. He of course didn't know this, and thought it would just be a blowoff elective class that fit into his schedule perfectly. Well Martha Hilley is awful, and gave absolutely 0 fucks that cedric was a super star football player and treated him like every other student she had. Cedric didn't realize this until after the final drop date of a class in which even the athletic program couldn't override that deadline, so he was stuck with it. He had no interest in learning piano, and as he had to display proficiency there weren't any nerds that could do his homework for him or tutor him. On his final exam, which was playing piano for Hilley, he played chopsticks with his two middle fingers because he hated her (justly so she's a coldhearted bitch) and walked out. She gave him a 25 on the final because he actually played a piece of music (in no way shape or form was the final), and ended up giving him a 4 as his final grade and flunked him. For reference, my final was chord progressions, two handed proficiency, and loving sight reading.

She told that story day one of class with pride.

And then the Bears drafted him :suicide:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

The way I feel about people that dislike deep-dish pizza is similar to how ISIS warlords feel about Dutch political cartoonists.

Also, I can't look at the Washington logo and not think that the indian is in the process of being delietized :cry:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

The last panel made me think of the Spire from Planescape.

When Peyton finally leaves this mortal coil, someone needs to remember to crack that his halo is actually Sigil. This is important for future generations.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Febreeze posted:

Played around with the art in this one, let me know what you guys think

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/prince-amukamara-to-the-jags/

Change is bad. Also every new stadium sucks, Dick Butkus is still the greatest Linebacker ever, I hate the new Dr. Who and there hasn't been a good JRPG since the Super Nintendo.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Either the Bears, Packers or Vikings are William Taft, because mid-westeners are fat amirite?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Febreeze posted:

I don't come up with most of the ideas anymore. They give me a topic and a list of good choices and I just draw them now. My own ideas get shot down most of the time because "They won't do as well"

I fired that gun a long time ago

I will say about half of these are my own choices for matches because whoever tried to make the list before me wasn't very good and half of their ideas made even less sense.

also they made me change my best one

Those people suck and you should stop making things for them.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Comic idea, wedding edition-Dave and the Mrs-to-be are going over the pre-nup agreement, and it's all about what teams it is permissible to make your future kids fans of. "We agree not to make our children fans of teams that have sub .500 records over the last 10 years as of his or her sixth birthday, or the Team currently has Norv Turner on their staff"

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Febreeze posted:

Uproxx finally let me do something that wasn't a logo set so here is Pokemon

http://uproxx.com/sports/nfl-teams-as-pokemon/

I love it, Febreeze, but can't help to :spergin:

GENERAL: Lots of Mono-types. Nothing wrong with that in and of itself, but generally bird Pokémon have two types (there are only 2 Mono-Flying types, and one of the two is just optionally Flying). Also you didn't use Dragon, Dark or Fairy types.
ALLEZGATOR: I feel like he should be Water/Ground, like :wooper:
BUCCANNON: Pokémon based on inanimate objects usually have Steel, Electric, or Ghost typing
BIGGALUGG: Missed the chance to give him Dark type. Dark moves would do 4x damage to Sweaterror.
HOAGIEAGLE: "Using its loud BOOOOOOOOO call to disorientate attackers." Oh god this is NFL region's zubat! :cry:
LASSOBRA: If I had to make any Football team Fairy type, it would be the Cowboys, both because of how the Wild West is romanticized and to joke that Jerry Jones is in la-la land.
ASLUHR & PILLAGENT: Look really similar tbh
URSALOOF: Should be Normal/Poison if you're going to mention cigarettes
SCRAM: Cornerbeak would take 4x damage from Electric attacks, you should have made Scram Normal/Electric
TENNESPEAR: I hope this isn't meant to be the fire starter
CANTINE: Another time I would have made Fairy Type, because of the Brownie
NEVAIRMORE: In player-lingo, "OU" or "Uber" would be used to mean "elite". Also would make Ghost/Flying
PENALTIGER: Would have made Fire/Dark

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Chichevache posted:

No joke, a lot of those pokemon are more interesting than anything that came after the first 250 or so.

What you got against Celebi? :colbert:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

nerve posted:

listen i am just jealous of teams with actual loving mascots

like the Vikings is the dopest poo poo in sports

my team is named after packing meat and our big thing is cheese and i gotta see it even in wacky semi football related drawings!! i wanna escape!!

:jerkbag:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

:byodood: LEL YOU NERDS TALKING ABOUT STAR TREK IN A FOOTBALL THREAD AMIRITE GUYZ?? :byodood:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Alaois posted:

go back to cinema discusso and please don't come back

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I've never heard the whole story behind the throwing batteries incident.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Does Febreeze get some sort of reverse-toxx if Superbowl LI is once again Giants over the Patriots?

EDIT: In all honestly, the Giants are probably the one team from New York I can feel good rooting for. The Yankees are too bandwagon-y, the Mets are just a National League version of the White Sox and I get enough of that here, the Knicks act like they're important to basketball even though they've never been so as long as I can remember and the Jets are just :barf:.

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jan 3, 2017

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

That there is some prime Avatar fodder :stonklol:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Febreeze posted:

gently caress the Packers, go Falcons

I want this wallpaper size

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Cartoon Man posted:

Tomsula back in the NFL as Redskins d-line coordinator. :unsmith:

Hopefully he gets a comic again.

From one prima-donna owner to another. Some things never change

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Comic idea: Just a drawing of Brady, Bellicheck and Kraft doing that pose from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCdG6oVqZqk&t=250s

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

issue a takedown notice lol

"but my skiiiin"

That can be rectified :ese:

Adbot