Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Febreeze posted:

Currently putting together the Patriots, Chargers, Browns and Chiefs, which are the last teams I have write ups for.

Apprehensively looking forward to seeing what I wrote because I barely remember it. I preemptively blame all the other Chiefs fans for not doing it if it sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chromatic posted:

It seemed like at lot of work. Wasn't there a ton of analysis and a lot of knowledge on fringe players involved?

Also, I assumed it was like WYTS, and I'm not witty, charming, or funny enough to pull off something like that.

Some people went all out with funny stuff or really involved breakdowns of things, I'm pretty sure I just went over stuff you'd know if you were a Chiefs fan but probably wouldn't otherwise unless you're super into football. I'm sure it's not funny but I wrote it while drinking to celebrate real (college) football again so I'm sure I attempted some jokes.

Like I'm said I'm sort of scared to read it again so we'll find out together and I hope Febreeze is free with the edits.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Cool I'm published. In the way that people who write letters to the editor are published.

I don't think it was as bad as I was scared it would be.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Alaois posted:

FEED  ME

Just a minute, gotta do these dishes.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Googly Eyes was a Dolphins thing you hacks

Someone make this an Arielatar:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Febreeze posted:

From the Bartending thread:

gently caress

God loving drat it.

e: for the new page

quote:

bloody ghost titty posted:

RIP Nrr.

Last night, we got together, we drank tequila, and we mourned the life of "a gentle soul and a wild spirit" as a friend put it. If you, gentle reader of this thread, come across his stories, know that they all happened, and the photos prove it. We are a poorer bar tending community for having lost him.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Sep 25, 2015

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Waaay off topic but the original image reminded me--if you're interested in old WW2 stuff at all you should read Iron Coffins. It's an easy read but really pretty good, kind of in the same way Das Boot is interesting.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chichevache posted:

Draw Bernard Pollard as Rorschach, refusing to save the AFC from Brady and the Pats.

More than 8 words, sorry.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chichevache posted:

Bernard Pollard doing the famous Rorschach quote, bitch.

Acceptable, now he has to do it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ross Angeles posted:

Let it go, old Raiders fans. It was a catch

Well how do you know?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Does anyone have any unused Raiders shaky-tars?

Didn't you just choose a different team like a month ago?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ross Angeles posted:

Are you ready for the return of ToyMachine?

I'll just start a honeypot E/N thread if that happens.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I'm way late to this particular article and saying it in general, but God Bless the late MNF game that broke your mind Big Bob.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Flikken posted:

We should do a team roster of players that don't deserve the poo poo teams they are on.

I'll start. Left Tackle Joseph Thomas.

K Sebastian Janikowski

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Yeah we should do our own teams here, ignore my Janikowski pick.

TE Travis Kelce. Imagine him with a quarterback.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chichevache posted:

You're right! We should just execute everyone who commits a crime because people never change and second chances are for movies, and cheating spouses.

Damnit shut up Chiche. I say as someone who normally defends you.

Spread the shitposting out, it doesn't need to happen constantly.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chichevache posted:

How is spreading forgiveness and other virtues a shitpost?

Keep it out of this thread at least? Maybe? :smith:

e: Like follow Parm around in threads he's actually in. This will be awful but at least contained.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Nov 26, 2015

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

computer parts posted:

Someone in the comments linked the other teams' last 24 QBs and it was certainly enlightening:

Chiefs was some guy named Frank Suerer. It was 1987 but he wasn't a scab like I was originally thinking. He had 2 starts where I assume most of these stats came from, appeared in 8 games that year and one the year before where he had no stats.

pre:
G   GS  Cmp   Att   Cmp%   Yds  TD   Int   LNG  Y/A   Rate   Sk   Yds   
9    2   26    55   47.3   340   0     4    33  6.2   36.9   10    82
That's almost a quarter of the yards he gained through the air given up in sacks. A fitting representative of Chiefs quarterbacking outside of Dawson/Montana really.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That seems like a good comic for a hockey version of Febreeze to make, not necessarily for the one we have.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Febreeze posted:

I agree Hockey is extremely chaotic and fast paced but I did start having an easier time watching it when I stopped looking at the puck and started trying to look at how the players were setting up

Yeah the easiest way to get into hockey is to trust that the players know where the puck is and watch them react (then ooh and ahh over ridiculous saves or dangles or whatever on replay). Eventually you'll pick up on it yourself and it's easier to find the puck.

e: It's kind of like the advice to take your eye off the ball in football or other sports, except it's almost required at first unless you grew up with the game.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ross Angeles posted:

Hockey is 5x5

Technically 6x6. Or he could watch inline hockey which is 5x5.

(don't watch inline hockey, watch ice hockey and basketball, both are good)

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

This is good but I still think the best thing about that shot is the guy imagining strangling the Vikings fan in front of him.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Ummmm, I don't even know what this is but it belongs here. Or it's an abomination that should never exist in the first place, but since I've seen it now you have to.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Lol welcome to something awful you baby

I viciously hate a man I can barely remember playing simply because he had the gall to not be Dan Marino.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

IcePhoenix posted:

People who complain about a stadium not being outdoors rarely are the ones that go to the games where they want the elements to play a factor.

I'm all for snow football but who cares about heat? It doesn't add anything interesting and just makes everyone ridiculously miserable.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pops Mgee posted:

I've never heard of the guy you used for Green Bay. :smith:

I felt less bad for not knowing who the Chiefs guy was after looking him up and seeing he started wrestling in 1947.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

whiteyfats posted:

That's the best username I've ever seen.

So nice we used it twice.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

whiteyfats posted:

Somebody else had it?

Yeah Rap/Football Fuckerman/whatever he was before that was Do Yall Want a Ham way back when. Manas brought it back from the dead a while back.

I know too damned much about this forum, there could be useful information there instead.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I think it's Bledsoe in a Pats uniform chasing Brady down.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Top Hats Monthly posted:

As a car guy, some of those are downright brutal

As a not car guy I was hoping the explanations would explain things about the car. Like, I got the Chip Kelly joke right away but I know poo poo about the Fisker Karma.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Febreeze posted:

I think Spoeank bought mine because he made it and he bought that one guy a Andy Dalton av

maybe he's the cryface loverboy

I won't quite say I enjoy seeing you annoyed by a joke driven into the ground, but I do notice it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I will give money at some indeterminate point. All but 1 of the avatars I have bought have been yours, the others have been forced against my will. This one is neat though.

You either really pissed off some hockey guy or some hockey guy just really loves buying you avatars.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Febreeze posted:

poo poo, neither me nor Daltos knew that, did he leave or get fired? I just assumed it was still him since your offense was still garbage

He went to Georgia, and then got canned along with Mark Richt after a year. I assume he is selling insurance or something these days.

Hmm, apparently he's the QB coach for the Colts now, which...well. At least he isn't their OC.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
There is a fight between genealogists in my family whether we're related to Jesse James or not (the outlaw, not the bike guy).

I have witnessed two people over 60 almost heatedly cursing at each other about whether this link exists or not.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

A Man and his dog posted:

Also I'll be looking for a Redmen AV sometime before the season.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised this is what their logo used to look like.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
We need to either embrace N/V as the Chat thread or convince the mods it's needed, because the OTA thread and now this one have been overtaken by food chat for no reason.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--are mantis shrimps the punchy ones?

Febreeze posted:

Lets take this food chat to it's natural conclusion

poop

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/dez-bryant-week-4-fecal-urgency/

I played organized sports for a good 12 years as a kid through high school, then in beer leagues for at least another dozen years.

I cannot ever remember even remotely needing to poop during a game, or pee badly enough that it couldn't wait until halftime/the next inning/in between periods. Maybe I was just abnormally regular or something.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Too soon :colbert:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
There's a Lawrence of all names that should shut that line of thought down pretty quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

effectual posted:

I tried witcher 2 and iirc the control scheme was more complex than I'd prefer and having to make and use potions a lot to not die got old fast, I only played 10 hours or so. Is 3 better?

Potions are "create once, automatically get them every time you rest" in 3. You'll be frustrated if you just try to follow the main quest, you'll be underleveled pretty quickly. You're supposed to go check out all those places on the map (maybe not all of them, but you do need to do some at first for things not to be a huge pain in the rear end). Oh and run away if enemies are too high for you.

Anyway I did the bulk of the game with nothing but swords and healing/special fight potions, and the odd sign here or there. Switched up toward the end just to check other stuff out and kinda wished I'd done it earlier, but the point is you don't have to be super at all aspects of the game for it to work.

• Locked thread