Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
This is the shittiest cover of The Message ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I'm a big fan of this one.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I will not let salmon be slandered this way.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

MechaFrogzilla posted:

Hey, Slate magazine here. You know that thing you like? That thing you think is cool, and good?

Well

Let me tell you

It's actually bad

Luckily, we have Buzzfeed to tell us that that thing we like and think is cool is not only cool and good, but lifechanging and health-improving and going to save the world from Donald Trump or some loving bullshit.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Spoeank posted:

I mean... We've already seen pictures of your punishing your meat.

Usually these things that start a quote spree are just kinda funny to me, but this had me outright chuckling.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

The "wispy red hair" made me smirk. There's something about that reminds me of something, possibly old Life is Hell comics or maybe something poorer that this guy doesn't warrant a comparison to, but I liked that style.

I'd like to think the "This poo poo? You support this poo poo? Ew," could easily describe football, but hey, what do I know.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Toaster Beef posted:

so the first of the final three TMMs is up:

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/much-mustard-series-finale-part-1-rob-press/

if febreeze could have waited one more week to get married, i'd have had the sam bradford story to work with

drat you and your wedded bliss, you giants-loving bastard

thank you for this opportunity

Hot drat am I going to miss these.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

SirPhoebos posted:

I love it, Febreeze, but can't help to :spergin:

GENERAL: Lots of Mono-types. Nothing wrong with that in and of itself, but generally bird Pokémon have two types (there are only 2 Mono-Flying types, and one of the two is just optionally Flying). Also you didn't use Dragon, Dark or Fairy types.
ALLEZGATOR: I feel like he should be Water/Ground, like :wooper:
BUCCANNON: Pokémon based on inanimate objects usually have Steel, Electric, or Ghost typing
BIGGALUGG: Missed the chance to give him Dark type. Dark moves would do 4x damage to Sweaterror.
HOAGIEAGLE: "Using its loud BOOOOOOOOO call to disorientate attackers." Oh god this is NFL region's zubat! :cry:
LASSOBRA: If I had to make any Football team Fairy type, it would be the Cowboys, both because of how the Wild West is romanticized and to joke that Jerry Jones is in la-la land.
ASLUHR & PILLAGENT: Look really similar tbh
URSALOOF: Should be Normal/Poison if you're going to mention cigarettes
SCRAM: Cornerbeak would take 4x damage from Electric attacks, you should have made Scram Normal/Electric
TENNESPEAR: I hope this isn't meant to be the fire starter
CANTINE: Another time I would have made Fairy Type, because of the Brownie
NEVAIRMORE: In player-lingo, "OU" or "Uber" would be used to mean "elite". Also would make Ghost/Flying
PENALTIGER: Would have made Fire/Dark

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Tallahassee PD & Jam

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Weird way to spell Undiscovered Country.

The most Star Trek-y one is probably Insurrection for having less stakes than most TNG two-parters

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress, the Titans are Insurrection, aren't they. I root for the Insurrection of NFL franchises.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Darth Brooks posted:

It's going to be hard at some point to explain how much the original series was a part of common culture. You could see ten seconds, know what the episode was about have a good guess about what the next line was and not really be a big fan. There's some drek but even bad original series Trek is unforgettable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPCOKoavNNA

I loving love the original series. Probably even more than Next Generation.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

swickles posted:

There was the Voyager Sarah Silverman episode too. That hasn't been mentioned yet.

The one where Kirk lets his almost-girlfriend die in the 1930s was pretty good and probably in the top 5 of best TOS episodes.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Febreeze posted:

You mean the episode in which a hippie in the 60's finds a crashed time traveled starship, uses the technology to become the world's most evil businessman who is then smart enough somehow to take the technology from the future and adapt it to make his own timeship that will destroy the quadrant if he tries to fly it but he's too evil and somehow to dumb to listen to warnings, and he's also smart enough to take this same technology he simultaneously understands completely/doesn't comprehend at all to completely disable Voyager and steal the doctor to make a mobile holographic emitter (something the crew couldn't do) so he can steal the doctor. All done from his little 80's macintosh.

That episode was loving garbage and out of every Voyager episode I watched I hated that one the most. I had at least heard about Threshold beforehand.

The best part was them showing the dude at the end listening to the radio in the seventies or sixties or whatever, and it's playing... hair metal. Which was completely not in that era.

Great research there, Voyager writing staff.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Episode 1 is fun matinee flick for a ten-year old in awe of Darth Maul and the kickass Naboo ships and the podracing and so on, so that you can forget you're watching acting so wooden it puts the redwoods to shame. The first ten minutes of Episode 3 are close to some of the best sequences in the entire Star Wars franchise.

The rest is shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Basically, watching the prequels is the way to tell Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, etc. al are extremely good actors who can make extremely bad and exposition-heavy dialogue sound actually natural. They made me really appreciate how good Episode 4 is.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I really like the line work on your latest comic, Febreeze.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Wrong album, jackass.

(All of these are extremely good.)

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Feelgood story of the year.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

As if that'll be a surprise to anyone.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

oh poo poo, i'm andrew luck

it was me, i was the colts fan all along

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Schroedinger with the Chief's playoff chances in his box. "Is it alive? Is it dead?"

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

That's insanely good.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Didn't want to be beat to the inevitable punch.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Love that final panel.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Metapod posted:

Does Jay curler own a second outfit

Well, there's also shirtless.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I panicked at the registration page and picked a stupid recurring joke from 8-Bit Theater despite signing up on here to talk about Todd MacCulloch's pinball career.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Febreeze posted:

I'm not surprised they didn't mention me

I did tell you guys I left Uproxx right? lovely rear end company

I was under the impression you were still staying with them, but considering how few "What If Every NFL Team Was X," I've seen you do lately, not entirely surprising.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I laughed.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

You're loving amazing, dude.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I just can't find any humor in those dudes waving their dicks about which one of them is the wokest

Like, we get it you didn't like Obama and drone strikes are super bad, now say something funny

If you don't laugh at the Clinton impersonation going, "I may not be Dale Earnhardt, but I ate poo poo because I couldn't loving turn left," I don't know what to tell you.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

Unless your own school is playing and you care, in which case you're obligated to stick with that to the end of course.

do i have to

Also, gently caress defense. One of the most glorious moments every football year is the annual 6OT Big XII game that's just K-State running QB draws for twenty yards at a time or Okie State bombing down half the field and it nearly always ends in a situation that prevents the conference from getting into the playoffs. That, and Alabama occasionally losing, are the essence of fun football.

The rest is poo poo.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Also reminder that if you watch college sports you are implicitly endorsing slavery

*woke*

As opposed to endorsing gladiatorial combat in general by watching football period.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

swickles posted:

If NASCAR drives acted like pro wrestlers I would totally watch it.

Tony Stewart basically does.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Drag racing is the poo poo, and unlike most racing, also fun to watch live.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

The Scripps Spelling Bee is actually the most important thing ESPN airs.

Unfortunately, it does a terrible job covering it.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Yes but is murder a sport?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

That was a way better start to the NFL Season than we deserved.

• Locked thread