Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

That is the most Jeff Fisher thing you could do in that situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

SirPhoebos posted:

Been waiting for this one since Sunday :allears:

Super Saiya-jin Clausen

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Tom Brady makes a drat good Adrian Veidt in this example.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Oh drat, knew it was about Peyton, but bringing Lady and the Tramp in was a great touch.

quote:

Veidt is gay, btw. Perfect match for Brady

Maybe Rodgers, then. He also got beat by the Giants in the playoffs while having the best record in the league that year.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Douggernaut is a pretty awesome nickname.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Drinking alone listening to Dude Ranch perfectly sums up my Bears fandom last year.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

WugLyfe posted:

that train's grin is super creepy in a touched-me-in-the-nono-place kinda way

Even worse, it has an obsession with riddles.

Also inciting lots of wasteland tribals to murder each other to ZZ Top.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Why is the Eric Prydz cover of Valerie the "same face" song? Never got that.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

That's pretty weak, but the alternative is probably Lamb Chop's "The Song That Never Ends".

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

gently caress yes, don't care bear is perfect.

Need that poo poo on a T-shirt.

Chilichimp posted:

God bless Steve Winwood.

Word, although the Prydz version definitely has the better music video.

Filthy Casual fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Nov 20, 2015

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

drunk leprechaun posted:

Pot also makes hockey a lot better. I've gotten a lot of my stoner buddies into it by smoking up with em and watching a game.

It makes every other sport better, too.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

I appreciate your willingness to make suicide jokes. I wonder how many people have at least tried to off themselves in Draw Plays.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Every drat disposable cup at school.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Manoueverable posted:

Perfect album choice for Green Bay fans too imo

Its like poetry, it rhymes. Bonus points for doing this shortly after the release of Making a Murderer.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

One shall stand, one shall fall.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

I'm glad Detroit got recognized for the coney, best drat hot dog ever. However, Chicago deep dish kicks the poo poo out of New York pizza, and plenty of places do single serve.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Pops Mgee posted:

I will fight you for your prefernce of pizza cassaroles.

Bring it, that flimsy poo poo you gotta fold stands no chance against the one true king of pizza.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

I never realized the Titan's line could be that bad without J'Marcus Webb on it.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Bobby G Tres is a really solid nickname if he doesn't already use it

Even better if it's what his baby mama uses.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Chilichimp posted:

Weird way to spell wife.

I didn't know he was married. Was it pre or post 2012?

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Chilichimp posted:

Post, looks like.

That's good, more likely she loves him for him.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I was thinking the same about Da Burrs recently too. It's weird how anonymous the team is, considering they're in such a massive market.

They seem like the redheaded stepchild of Chicago sports. Even ahead of the god-drat Cubs.

They've had a cavalcade of suck in recent years, a lot of it has to do with the Coach/GM/Ownership situation. Angelo whiffed on most of his draft picks since 2006, so all those defensive legends had zero replacements. They eventually fired Jerry Angelo after 2011, after trading away Greg Olsen for a third round pick. I hope what remained was the primary reasoning for his firing:

QB - Jay Cutler, Caleb Hanie
RB - Matt Forte, Marion Barber
WR - Roy Williams, Devin Hester, Johnny Knox, Earl Bennett, Dane Sanzenbacher
TE - Kellen Davis, Matt Spaeth
T - J'Marcus Webb, Frank Omiyale
G - Chris Spencer, Lance Louis
C - Roberto Garza

So in comes Phil Emery, who gets handcuffed to Lovie for a year by ownership. He starts off well by trading for Brandon Marshall, and the Bears defense plays Lovie's swan song while they go 10-6 and miss the playoffs. The defense had about 14 TDs, which shows just how bad the offense was despite Marshall/Forte/Cutler being a good combo. Lovie's out, the O-line gets a huge upgrade, but Emery botches the coaching hire big time. He had the inside track on Bruce Arians, then made some demands about keeping Rod Marinelli (who didn't want to stay), so Arians walks and we get Trestman.

Trestman would go on to define limp dick cowardice at the coaching position. He'd address the team from the back of the room, which might explain his propensity for calling pass plays behind the line of scrimmage. It was kinda fun the first year with Jeffery/Marshall catching bombs from Cutler/McCown, but they literally had the worst defense in team history. The capper was dropping a playoff qualifying game 54-10 vs. Chip Kelly's Wild Ride. That set up a heartbreaking Week 17 loss to GB, the losing play a 4th down (3rd such conversion of the drive!) 38 yard bomb to a wide open Randall Cobb. Julius Peppers got "pancaked" by Kuhn on the play (likely sack had he shaken the block), which was likely the moment he signed his contract for the 2014 Green Bay Packers.

2014 was the worst year I've seen from the Bears. Marshall went off the rails, getting into fights with coaches over wearing pads to a padded practice, excessive locker room ranting after losses (though he did tell Robbie Gould to shut up because he just kicks balls) and a few rumors of trying to recruit teammates against Cutler. Trestman must have agreed, because he allowed OC Aaron Kromer (the beating up kids over beach chairs guy) to rat to the media about Cutler, who was subsequently benched for Jimmy "Pickles" Clausen. He also called in a few favors from guys like Gruden to do a MNF hatchet job, the highlight being blaming all 135 false starts since 2009 on him (not that garbage line listed above).The defense continued to suck, Tillman was the last great player and he tore his tricep in week 2.

The team of Pace, Fox and Fangio provides some hope, though I'm pissed they let Forte go.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Brilliant.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Wheat Thins for munchies? What the hell is the world coming to.

But seriously, that comic was awesome and brings back fond memories of stoned afterlife convos.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

effectual posted:

Wheat thins are more fattening than you might think. Also very addictive. I can't keep them in the house any more :(

Its not about the relative healthiness, they're just really unsatisfying compared to most chips and Triscuits.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Chilichimp posted:

When the steaks are high, you can always count on SB's pun game.

He knows the value of a job well done.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

So glad that idea made the comic.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

sam bradford lmao posted:

Febreeze posted this exactly a year ago:

http://uproxx.com/sports/denver-broncos-2015-season-preview/

I totally nailed it :smug:

Well done, even.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

You are a bright light on my team's darkest days.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

SirPhoebos posted:

Fairy types.

Judging by how quickly Michael Sam washed out, I wouldn't hold your breath.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Athanatos posted:

Farscape is Guardians of the Galaxy the TV Show.

I kinda really wanna watch Farscape now.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Marshmallow Blue posted:

You should watch the extended version on the DVD. Not all the post production is done in parts but the original sequence to where they crash land is like an hour instead of 35 minutes or something like that.

The problem with the prequels is definitely not that they're too short.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Logicblade posted:

Go HOTLANTA MOM, Choke out cancer like the Falcons choked Super Bowl 51 away!

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Better butt than the original, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

:perfect:

• Locked thread