Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Napoleon did nothing wrong

(except start a land war in Asia)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Mel Mudkiper posted:

He invaded Russia in winter

He didn't though.

His army got bogged down by weather once they were there and Russia didn't surrender. They got assfucked by winter on the way back out.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Joey Freshwater posted:

Is it pronounced "Spank" or "Spo-aenk"?

The second.

Also as a kid all I knew about Forget Paris was that Billy Crystal was a basketball referee so I watched it when it was on HBO. Talk about a terrible outcome as a child.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

What's an album

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

whypick1 posted:

It's a bunch of MP3s with the same artwork attached to them.

how do you get the pdf file to play in iTunes :confused:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Baseketball is about the sport of baseketball. This is about basketball movies.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

NC-17 you'll find that your hatred of an awesome movie was nothing but plain water.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I went to a concert that was Limp Bizkit. Papa Roach, Eminem and uhhh Xzhibit I think. Peak turn of the millenium right there.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Uh Febreeze you already did this one

http://uproxx.com/ksk/2015/04/nfl-logos-as-butts/

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

So...combine the British and fat ones?

All 32 logos as good posts. Use this for reference.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Imagine if I had never told you guys. Imagine if I had just never told you.

Just lean into it like I do with the fact that I'm a stereotypical 49ers fan and I drink red wine at the tailgates.

Tomorrow we're having tuna steaks and homemade eggnog to go with our Napa and Paso reds.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I don't blame you guys, since clearly you haven't had an actually good California reds if you want IPAs instead. Napa/Sonoma is the most well-known region, Central Coast/Monterey/Paso is probably the most distributed but Calaveras County has the best reds in CA for the money (bottles are $20-40 instead of the $50-$70 to start in Napa). I'm not bring the wine though so I'm stuck with overpriced Napa stuff.

The thing is you'll never find Calaveras wine outside of California. They produce some awesome Bordeaux blends that are really bold. Their zins are especially peppery.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

French wine is like French food: overhyped trash too far up its own rear end in a top hat.

My favorite winery's owner taught my friend the nuances of wine and started by saying, "don't hold your glass with your pinkie out like a little bitch." There's a certain edge to Calaveras wine that you can either get in or get out. My... third? favorite winery up there is run by a former biker.

A Man and his dog posted:

I just finally changed it. A good av.

Jimmy T has a month max as 49ers coach so I'm already figuring out a change. It was a good av.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Muscat is good if you want sweet wine, but there's also mead if you want diabetes. Cheaper reds tend to be towards the extremes of sweet or sour because of their mass production. They alao have terrible flavor, and judging them is like writing off steak because you had Aunt Barb's shoe leather once.

If your wine is sour though it may have been bad or may have needed time to breathe. Just pop open your second bottle when you start drinking your first. Check the cork to see if the wine had moved up the side, and keep it on its side to prevent the cork from drying out and allowing air to enter. Many wineries have given up on the French bullshit of corking and have gone to metal twist offs with neutral interiors to help wine stay better longer.

My wine chat masterpiece is complete. Today you are all 49ers fans :getin:

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Dec 20, 2015

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Dramatika posted:

There's a saddening lack of love for Spanish wine up in here

Monastrell/Cab blends, Tempranillo, and Viura for life

One of my wine clubs makes an amazing Tempranillo/Granache blend called The Spanish Dragon. Another one makes Tempranillo almost exclusively. Spanish grapes are good but outside of Tempranillo and Granache I haven't found one I like on its own.

old dog child posted:

The Funk Zone must have been your Mecca. I like to drink a fine Franzia over ice.

What is now the Funk Zone was poorly developed when I was in Santa Barbara, sadly. I went to one of the wineries (Giessinger) a ton but only because a friend worked there.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

NFL logos as piece of poo poo clickbait "aggregating" (thieving) websites

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Cam should just start reviving other dances that have been beat into the ground in reverse chronological order. Bust out the Dougie.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

axeil posted:

so uh. i need a new avatar now. any ideas? i was thinking howie roseman pulling a red wedding on chip kelly.

or something else hilarious, i dunno.

Something possessed me to do this so maybe it can get you started

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Febreeze posted:

Fans of this team wont shut up about how good the team was in their generation

(this is awesome I can't wait to see the Pink Floyd one)

So is The Who the 49ers or the Cowboys then

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

The Draw Play giving a sweet soul the best possible tribute. Rest in Peace, Jimmy T

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Remember when they had breeze's and realized they werent fooling anyone

I just looked that up and apparently entire batches of frozen yogurt went bad because it was ordered so infrequently.

Who the gently caress goes to DQ for diet anything

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Gonna post this here too in case everyone isn't reading the loving losers/offseason thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JUuxIOqkLE

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Holy poo poo that Aaron Rodgers.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Hm I wonder what franchises they had to leave off that list :smug:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I love the beer gut on Big Ben

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

JT Jag posted:

Can we all agree that orange is bad

I'm wearing an orange shirt because of the Giants so

Nnnnoooooope

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Non-traditional color schemes rule.

The Kings' purple/silver/black is fantastic and I'm like 95% sure they're going back to red/white/baby blue when the new arena opens, which is bullshit.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

BlindSite posted:

gently caress rooting for the cards because of Fitzgerald, root for the Panthers because of Thomas Davis dude fought through hell to get back to being a player, this season he dislocated his finger disengaging from a block, popped that bitch back in place and made a tackle. Larry had his shot and blew it.

me right now:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Melvin Gordon is a better player in 2015 as a rookie than Ray Rice was when he last played two seasons ago though so idgi

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Bortle Kombort

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Mods please make this the background of the entirety of the forums

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Your Kings writeup is quite rude

(But fair).

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

San Francisco Lumpy XBox Menu Buttons

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I found an interesting documentary on this particular topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EktmJmfxm9E

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Febreeze posted:

I think Spoeank bought mine because he made it and he bought that one guy a Andy Dalton av

maybe he's the cryface loverboy

I made it but I didn't buy it. I don't want to just buy random avs. I'm 1/1 with BrownThunder's meltdown so I'm happy to go out on top with custom avs.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

gently caress, crying Jordan crying crying Jordans is the top of the world.

It's so beautiful.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

More white slaves than brown slaves in your Eurocentric view of the world maybe

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Joey Freshwater posted:

Wait the NBA draft has a lottery system?

lol

It's the only thing us Kings fans have to look forward to

And we constantly lose at that, too :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

*pushes up glasses, takes hit from inhaler*

uhm, the plural of Lego is Lego

• Locked thread