Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Big Bob Pataki posted:

I'mma be real with yall, 2FART wont be done until very late Saturday which means probably wont be up until early Sunday

logistics manager for a retail chain + black friday + impending case of strep throat = me sitting down to write and literally falling asleep sitting up in my chair. hopefully death's embrace is coming.

I've had strep throat for a week, first time since I was a kid. Feel better, man :(:respek::(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Mods change my name to "Sinister Blowjobs" tia

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Now I want some Malbec but stores in Indiana can't sell alcohol on Sundays :(

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

didn't a goon do this one in the Mike Glennon offseason thing?

Bwa ha ha, that was me.

Somebody remembered :allears:

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Darth Brooks posted:

There was a wrestler way, way back who played for Green Bay named "Dick the Bruiser"* Guy had the biggest barrel chest imaginable.

My parents somehow know Dick the Bruiser and we stayed in his beach house in Florida once when I was a kid (he wasn't there at the time). It was pretty roach-infested and my siblings and I were freaked out.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Luck was the one who had the air ship.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Febreeze posted:

if a Jets fan, Falcons fan, or Colts fan wants to be in it, send a photo

Crap, and I was off doing homework last night like a chump

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

SirPhoebos posted:

NEVAIRMORE: In player-lingo, "OU" or "Uber" would be used to mean "elite". Also would make Ghost/Flying
When will Smogon tell us whether Joe Flacco is an Uber-tier QB?

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Febreeze posted:

I am trying a more TMM approach to comics and so far I think it's paying off (this one and the JJ Watt IR one especially are very TMM influenced)

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/tom-bradys-got-back/

I appreciate Belichick's "NFL logos as dicks" logo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

sean10mm posted:

Random question, were the Civil War-style "letters" written about the Green Bay Packers ever saved anywhere?

I feel like I have all of them in a file somewhere but at the moment all I could find was a notepad with one post:

Abugadu posted:

From the Memoirs of General M. McCarthy, Chap. 21

... We rode out of Atlanta by the Decatur road, filled by the marching troops and wagons of Rodgers' Corps; and reaching the hill, just outside of the old rebel works, we naturally paused to look back upon the scenes of our past battles. We stood upon the very ground whereon was fought the bloody battle of January 15th, and could see the copse of wood where Ryan fell. Behind us lay Atlanta, smouldering and in ruins, the black smoke rising high in air, and hanging like a pall over the ruined city. Away off in the distance, on the McDonough road, was the rear of Raji's column, the helmets glistening in the sun, the yellow-topped wagons stretching away to the south; and right before us Rodgers' Corps, marching steadily and rapidly, with a cheery look and swinging pace, that made light of the many miles that lay between us and [illegible, appears to be either Chicago or Seattle]. Some band, by accident, struck up the anthem of "Go You Packers Go;" the men caught up the strain, and never before or since have I heard the line of "bring the bacon home" done with more spirit, or in better harmony of time and place.

Letter from Gen. A.C. Rodgers to President Thompson, d. January 17
Mr. President,
it is With the greatest of Pleasure that i take my pen in Hand to answer your kind and Most welcome letter which arrived at hand About half an hour ago and it found me Well and Hearty and i hope and trust that this may find you enjoying the same state of health.
i Beg to present to you as a birthday Gift the City of Atlanta, with many Guns and Plenty of ammunition. it has been a Long and difficult Road to take down these grey backs. throughout the Year we have lost Many good men, but the fresh fish have grown Into mighty beasts. the copperheads have been Quieted. the War is drawing to a close. i know Not who we are sent to fight against Next, but i know This: with us comes Destruction, and we Shall bring it to their Doorstep.

Yours,

Gen. Aaron Charles Rodgers

• Locked thread