Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I think I was threatened with a spanking more than I was actually given one, at least that I can remember. I was never really a bad kid though. I think getting a couple of spankings that, looking back, weren't very harsh, was enough that a threat of one would keep me in line.

I do remember my mother telling me that when she grew up her parents would make her go outside and pick a switch off the tree. Then remember hearing the other side of it from my grandparents that they never actually spanked her, and they would watch from inside and laugh as my mom stood there debating on which stick to bring inside.

That said I'm going to build a boxing ring in my back yard when I have a kid and whenever he gets in trouble we'll bareknuckle box. When he beats me, he gets to make the rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

swickles posted:

Enjoy those 6 years.

I could beat up like 5 6 year olds. Maybe 6.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ok but what about duck sized 5 year olds

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
You guys tried peanut butter powder? I put it in my morning shakes and it's delicious.

Of course the oreos and lucky charms kind of overpower it but there is just a hint of peanut butter that's pretty nice.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Ostensibly, what is the different between powdered peanut butter and powdered peanuts

I went looking for what powdered peanuts were and stumbled on an article by that 'foodbabe' dumbass so thanks for that.

I've only used the powdered peanut butter for morning smoothies as a replacement and it just has a ton less calories/fat/oils etc. I haven't actually mixed it back up to make 'peanut butter' with it.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I knew a guy that was allergic to cars. Sad thing is we didn't find out until he was hit by one and died.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Also pretty sure all of Chik-fil-a's stuff is made with peanut oil.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'd love to see some of the same people arguing that car racing isn't a sport get into a Nascar or whatever and try to drive it because the argument is always

Metapod posted:

Ah yes the physical exertion of sitting for hours and driving

Like it's some super easy thing

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Plus nascar was the sport that gave us Jocko Flocko, the monkey that rode along during a race and they had to stop the race because he attacked the driver.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Eli Wiggum posted:

did I just watch someone die

Knowing how reinforced those cockpits are he probably wasn't even injured.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I went to a Cubs game a couple weeks ago and went and got dinner after and the bar we were at was playing some log rolling competition on ESPN. Two people got on a log that was in the water and they tried to knock the other person off the log by running/spinning the long.

The group I was with actually got pretty into it.

e: like so https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngDGiGYycT0

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Nah everyone knows the most dangerous game is Parcheesi

Wrong again sir. It's a tossup between Monopoly and Risk. I have a half brother that hasn't talked to the family in over a year because of a game of Monopoly.

Come back to us Kevin....

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don't see a Tampa one which is fine but all it did was remind me of this guy I knew through a friend that, when he found out I was a Bucs fan, said "Tampon Gay Fuckin' Queers" like 30 times in the span of a game.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Eli Wiggum posted:

Please tell me you punched him

No, didn't punch him but did the thing where I told him I didn't get why it was funny, making him explain the "joke". In reality he only said it 3-4 times and stopped when I did it on the last time because it got super awkward. There was a group of 6 or so and nobody was laughing at it.

"Cmon man it's just a joke"

"Yeah totally I just don't get it, yeah tampa is kind of like tampon but what about the rest?"

He just kind of sputtered and everyone stood up and clapped and I married my Beer I was drinking

It was the only time I'd ever seen the guy so I'm sure he's dead in a dumpster somewhere

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jul 25, 2017

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This seems like a good of a place as any to ask - isn't there some way you can see all your past avatars? I seem to remember them being cataloged somewhere but that could have been in the SAS Wiki and I don't know what happened to that.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
drat, I wanted to go back through all my old Bucs avatars. Probably time for a new one since Dansby got sent down ☹️

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Good news! There's still ways to see your old avatars, it just takes a bit of work.

Cool, thanks! I've had a name change so I'll have to go back and find old posts, which shouldn't be too hard

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Chilichimp posted:

The Braves are trash.

Doesn't make me any less of a fan, but I'm not at all surprised an Atlanta fan would think like this.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Chilichimp posted:

dat farm system, doe!

For real, I haven't been a Braves fan since before they won the world series. Watching them lose to the jays and twins crushed my youthful spirit. I "follow" them now, but if I'm being honest, I like the fuckin' Hawks more than the Braves, and I only watch them in the post season.

I mean Atlanta sports fan in general. Atlanta fans are terrible.

I am of course excluded from that generalization because I'm only a Braves fan and also I'm flawless.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Wilford Cutlery posted:

There's also this one: http://www.muddledmuse.com/saars/ - it seems to have stopped working several years ago but still finds avatars for my older screen names.

This is perfect and found what I want. Thanks!

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

weird Asian candy posted:

Out of curiosity, how did you come to be a Braves fan but not Falcons? I mean, you made the right choice and I am more wondering how and where I went wrong.

I grew up in Tampa. My dad was always a really big Braves fan because he was from Ga. that was also when Braves were on TBS and the Rays didn't exist yet. He was never into other sports so as I made friends that were into sports it's was always the local team, Lightning and Bucs specifically. I like the Rays okay but I'm much more of a Braves fan.

Tennessee is self explanatory because I went there.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Randaconda posted:

At least Atlanta has one won, the Rays have never won. :smith:

I've been fortunate enough to see all of my teams win their respective championships except the Rays. My Rays fandom is really only a passing interest but I'd still like to see them win one.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don't mind the Bucs one but the Bills one is just wtf

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

I normally lurk in this part if the forums but thought I'd drop in to report that of anyone wants to preserve nrr's songs off of SoundCloud time is of the essence. Supposedly the site is probably going to be shut down in the next 24 hours.

Edit: also since I'm here, Dave keep up the good work I share TheDrawPlay with everyone I know.

Where are you seeing that? Last we heard anything back in July from the CEO it wasn't shutting down and I can't find anything more recent than that that says anything different.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

man, this guy is suuuuuper butthurt about how good the pats/brady are. nothing like piling on with racism jokes. super original.

You have some fans FeBreeze https://www.reddit.com/r/Patriots/comments/6wropc/the_reason_julian_edelman_went_down/

Is that Mel in the second response?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

I didn't think so. "To each their own" isn't exactly a 'you' thing to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Can someone make an avatar out of this?

Or, use this one and have the glasses float down without the text and I'll put that in the text below?

I realize this is a little more work than just cropping/resizing so I'll throw in a forums upgrade

• Locked thread