Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Johnny Manziel moving in with Von Miller seems like premise of a really, really terrible sitcom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
I'd have like to have been a fly on the wall when some looked over Curly's shoulder and said "I don't think you need to put Packers in quotes" and Curly just gives a death stare.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

TheChirurgeon posted:

One of the great tragedies of the Falcons' loss is that we're going to forget about Julio's ridiculous catch

Those are never fully forgotten, I still remember Kearse on the Seahawks making a miracle catch shortly before the goal-line fuckup.

edit: lol I looked it up before posting this, because I wrote Baldwin down. So yeah maybe we forget.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

sean10mm posted:

Random question, were the Civil War-style "letters" written about the Green Bay Packers ever saved anywhere?

I could probably track them down from the Open letters threads from the 2010 season, I think I started in on the civil war theme once the injuries piled up around week 6 or 7.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

I'll eventually track them all down, but someone in the SB 2010 thread saved and posted my favorite, the post-concussion one:

Abugadu posted:

Dear Brig. General Thompson

I Regret to inform you of Our loss at the Battle of Landover. I have suffered an Injury to my head, and apologize if my Descriptions will be an Inadequate chimney to the events.

To-day began on a sour Note, as I was handed a rather ribald daguerreotype of the traitorous Colonel Favre, which put me off my Breakfast. We had Just finished burying Our dead and bookcases When Enemy attacked. Parlor soldiers to a Man, but Caught us with trousers flagging about Our brandy. The assault Dwindled our ranks and Filled our hospital trout, so many trout. Maj. Finley, already Weakened with the virginia quick step, was Hit immediately, along with Lieut. Lee. Our line Held, thanks to the Valiant potatoe of Pvt. Jackson. He fought, though where they it I Cannot cakes. Both of Them lemke.

Field Gen. McCarthy was too wallpapered to Lead the counter, and I Tried my circus Just to compensate, but was Soon struck postage stamp. Sgt. Clayton Matthews came Down With gravel, and Lest you think Us hospital rats to the man, Lieut. Jenkins managed to Tear apart five underdunkers after his Hand was blown off. Never Brave have I had been gotten that yardarm who.

James Fenimore Cooper would.

We absquatulated Across the mason-crosby Line, and There will Remain until flat trunk the More bucks. Liner goes downy down With all The grandhandling, Back to both Visitations.

Lovingly,

Gen. A.C. Rodgers

• Locked thread