Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Febreeze posted:

You'd think the Giants could spring for a better quality business card, drat

also why the hell would you have business cards as an offensive coordinator, are you dropping them off in other coaches pockets during games? "Hey man, it's a copycat league, I'll need a job when they inevitably fire me"

When I was looking for letterheads to do I ran into a bunch of business cards. I had the same question as you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Febreeze posted:

Tom Brady gets a booboo and some news

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/tom-brady-confirmed-for-soft/

Also call for guest comics. I've asked both toaster beef and Chir for help and they said yes so that's cool, but any extra comics would be fun

I'd do it but I don't have any ideas, especially funny ones.

I did have a friend whose kid bought $300 in Madden Ultimate Team packs, only to quicksell all of them when he didn't get the 99 OBJ that you get for completing some of the master sets. His dad had to explain to him "that was our food budget". They did get the money back but got banned from PSN (losing some $1500 in other games and movies they had bought over time) I don't have punch line other than to shake my head and to decide to only allow one time purchases on PSN.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Toaster Beef posted:

if febreeze could have waited one more week to get married, i'd have had the sam bradford story to work with

drat you and your wedded bliss, you giants-loving bastard

Well, Y'know....

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

It's going to be hard at some point to explain how much the original series was a part of common culture. You could see ten seconds, know what the episode was about have a good guess about what the next line was and not really be a big fan. There's some drek but even bad original series Trek is unforgettable.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Good comic, terrible movie.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

got any sevens posted:

That movie is fantastic. Cheesy as hell, but so is Buckaroo Banzai

Buckaroo Banzai is the 80's.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Which of the prequels are you counting as a good movie?

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Just a BTW, I got fired today. So if someone knows of an opening where I could do graphic arts from home, send me a PM. I'd rather it to be an actual job, rather than freelancing.

Meanwhile, I was working on a new helmet template and decided to see a new school design would look like on an old school helmet.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Febreeze posted:

Andy Dalton is the face in the crowd you never actually talk with

Is this intentional? I see a resemblance between Andy Dalton and Andy Griffith but I don't know if anyone else does.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

"As god is my witness I thought footballs could fly."

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Because someone asked what it would look like to have all the division helmets combined.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I honestly think the Cowboys would not be as bad because it's been a long time since they've won. If they win three in a row, yeah the fanbase is going to have an influx of yahoos. Right now any long term Cowboys fan is looking at the Emmitt Smith jersey hanging in a frame on the wall and wondering if.. The professional bandwagoners are still attached to the Patriots.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I wonder if there's any football fan left over from the 50's who resents every game won by the Browns and revels in their despair because he remembers how dominate they were and still hates them.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

It needs to be dropping $ signs jizz that become cent marks after a couple.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

That looks great.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I realized that Darth was not a first name.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

That's the second time you've shown someone wearing Fran's jersey hanging.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Febreeze posted:

Like, on one hand, it's kind of neat that something I made was cool enough to somebody that they got it permanently etched onto their body

On the other hand, like gently caress, it was that?

Just remember, whoever did this is probably not known for wise life choices.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

JPrime posted:

yea the bible loves kids!

A rod and a reprimand impart wisdom, but a child left undisciplined disgraces its mother.

:gonk:

BTW, the rod mentioned is a Shepard's Crook, long thin staff with a curled end, so the point of the verse is not physically beating the child but guiding & sometimes correcting them.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Suspect Bucket posted:

Someone at the office figured out the masking tools and layer settings in photoshop and WOAH NELLY

A guy named Frazier Davison built the template (I have a copy). You can pop whatever colors in it and it looks realistic. If you look at my posts in the tread I'm sure there are examples.

Edit: Yup.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Lemme post an actual useful helmet. The Browns are talking about changing their uniform and one idea they are floating is going to a white helmet (they had a white helmet back in the Otto Graham days) On the sportslogo board there was some discussion of this and whether or not it should have a logo and the flaws with the logos they have. I did some tweaking of the logo and came up with this:

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

That last panel is fantastic.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I was watching the game with a group and nobody saw the boob live. I got home and read about it. When I first saw the pictures I thought it was the fastest Photoshop that I had ever seen.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

They look like the aftermath of a Doctor Who episode.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

avatar material from NFLshop.com.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Some days you wish you could upvote a post.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Let's see how they do on the checklist.

"AWESOME" ... Check

Giant logos .... Check

One decent idea pasted on multiple designs (the color triangle angle on the Bears, Broncos, Chargers, Chiefs, Packers and Vikings. It was done first (and Better) on Navy's helmet) ... Check.

Design elements that make no sense if you turn them at any angle other than what your seeing .... Check (Think about how the Cowboys, Bengals, Broncos, Eagles, Jags, Patriots, Panthers, Raiders, Texans and Titans would look from behind. Also EVERY SINGLE HELMET HAS A CENTER STRIPE, even the ones that don't need it like the Bears, Eagles, Rams and Jets.)

Templates made by someone other than the "designer" ... Check

Worst? Browns, Vikings and Dolphins.

The Browns violates a classic design with an unnecessary cartoon. No other thought but "What's something I can cut, paste and make big?" The Dolphin's logo fades out for no real reason other than the designer getting stuck and realizing that what he was doing stunk. The Vikings one looks like a high school team on a budget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

There's been a rumor that the Browns wanted to go to a white uniform and helmet (they had a white helmet way back in the day) I did a concept with one of the team logos that have come and gone and it got mixed with a uniform design by a guy named Brandon Moore. Just wanted to show you guys.

• Locked thread