Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Grittybeard posted:

Apprehensively looking forward to seeing what I wrote because I barely remember it. I preemptively blame all the other Chiefs fans for not doing it if it sucks.

It seemed like at lot of work. Wasn't there a ton of analysis and a lot of knowledge on fringe players involved?

Also, I assumed it was like WYTS, and I'm not witty, charming, or funny enough to pull off something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

A good farthouse/febreeze comic would be Goodell confronting Andy Reid about tampering with documented phone calls that Reid snatches and eats when Goodell is distracted

I'll show myself out

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Febreeze posted:

Actually this is pretty good and totally in my wheelhouse so maybe I'll steal this from you and bury you in the woods so no one finds out

When I showed your Chip/Maclin comic to a few friends last year I linked directly to the image instead of the page so I have it coming

Chromatic fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Apr 20, 2016

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Andy's wall of pizza :allears:

Glad it turned out well :respek:

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

^ and it was awesome :cool:

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Ehud posted:

I found a guy on Twitter using my febreeze likeness as his avatar

http://twitter.com/gth829c

lol

https://twitter.com/Lobo__Marino

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

If you ever have to use the Harbaugh brothers again in a comic, be sure to model them after Frasier and Niles Crane. That would have been perfect for the Harbowl. :smith:

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

mick foley purposely concussing himself on concrete for a throwaway promo will always be one of my favorite wrestling moments

https://vine.co/v/egFjVZKLLji

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

It loving sucks that in the scummy carny world of wrestling where 80% of the people involved are horrible people on some level, Mick Foley is the one who's declining years are probably going to be among the worst.

He's literally "one of the good ones"

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Alaois posted:

you just reminded me of Jake Delhomme and how that motherfucker would take big ol' slobberin licks of both hands before every single goddamn snap

Well he got his

gently caress Delhomme

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

sam bradford lmao posted:

Can't believe I'm saying this as a Broncos fan but gently caress Gary Anderson

I really think the Vikings would've beaten the Broncos that year. It probably would have been a though and one of the best SBs in history.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

We still doing ideas?

Alex Smith and his wife are enjoying a nice summer walk in the park when an overthrown baseball/football lands near them. Alex picks it up, the guys who overthrew it are like "Hey, a little help?", Alex gets nervous and checks it down to his wife.

Boom.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

That is awesome as hell.

I think it turned out good.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Spoeank posted:

Poor Alex Smith. What if he gets hurt and gets wally pipped by the same guy twice

We'll shrug our shoulders as Colin becomes a 4000/25/10 type QB?

Please?

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

A comic with Ryan Tannehill's new son Steel(wtf), all of Philip Rivers children and Jay Cutler's unvaxxed kid could be a good idea if someone could come up with a plot. Maybe a little rascals type situation or something idk

Just an idea.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

2 potential ideas

1. Goodell sees Favre saying he's going to play the first series in the HoF game and says to himself "but that would be.... fun?!", gets an angry look on his face then says into a walkie talkie "you know what to do, boys.". Come up with the rest.

2. Aaron Rodgers pretends to laugh and smile and smile when Favre says he's going to play the first series but comes back at midnight and starts sabotaging the field to make it uninhabitable for the game. Maybe have him scream "It is not my job to get Favre ready" or something.

And i'm leaving again

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Febreeze posted:

I am currently sitting at a bookstore in Portland waiting for Drew Magary to read from his book and the crowd is like 20 white dudes and exactly TFF to look like

pics

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3785134&pagenumber=159#post463733031

Idea for the Breeze

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

perfect avatar for a bills fan right now

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

darkforce898 posted:

Comic idea.

NFL teams are at a farmers market drafting players and bringing them home an d plating them in a field.

Six months later Pittsburg field is plentiful with star wide receivers. Meanwhile the 49ers and Rams look at their scorched fields and players and cry.

Be sure to include a chip kelly breezing past the darker seeds and straight to the white ones

because you know, predictable jokes and the comment section would be glorious

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Febreeze posted:

I am trying a more TMM approach to comics and so far I think it's paying off (this one and the JJ Watt IR one especially are very TMM influenced)

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/tom-bradys-got-back/

"Fufulling"

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

hahahah is the vikings fan emily?

owns

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

If you rewatch the Kelce ejection, the ref threw his flag, kelce threw his towel, then the ref threw off his hat to signal ejection.

A good comic imo would be Kelce and the ref throwing "flags" of their own clothing all over the place to signal their displeasure of the situation. Maybe the ref stopping before he gets to his underwear and Kelce going "Wanna keep going? I got nothing to be ashamed of." Something like that

Because why would he :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD6gGuurTOk

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

If you don't have an idea this week maybe a comic about whatever is inside Aaron Rodgers' sideline tent could be good. Favre? EDP? His family?

Personally I'm in favor of Favre sitting there in a black robe with empty pill bottles lying around, telling Rodgers that he's been watching his team's struggles and that he's here to help. He then hands Rodgers a note. Rodgers opens the note and it reads "You suck" and a picture of dickbutt or something. Before Rodgers can do anything, Favre scribbles a dick on his helmet and vanishes.

Similar to the prank Favre did to Rodgers in this article. http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/gunslinger-brett-favre-aaron-rodgers-feud-jeff-pearlman-excerpt/

Just an idea

Edit: I should really read the posts above before posting

Pops Mgee posted:

As much as I will miss my :burger:FEAST MODE :burger: avatar, I couldn't not do something with the
#Mysterytent
:gooncamp:

owns

Chromatic fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Nov 29, 2016

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Good comic.

Go Spilly.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Matt Leinart shows up to hit on all the girls and do keg stands even though he's been out of college the league for years.

I know a guy who went to USC with Leinart and loving hell did that dude party. He specifically mentioned that Leinart took part in hot tub fivesomes nightly for stretches of time.

Spoeank posted:

Who's the guy who's king poo poo at beer pong and pours all his self worth into it so he doesn't have to try to have an actual conversation at the party

I thought doxxing was against the rules. Mods?

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

The Chiefs have more comeback wins this season than anyone. http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2016/12/5/13841488/chiefs-lead-the-nfl-in-come-from-behind-wins-yes-this-is-real-life

Maybe the reason for the Chiefs always falling behind then coming back is because some clumsy sideline/waterboy/helper is always accidentally hooking Reid's usual BBQ feeding tube with Berry's chemotherapy lines before the game and tiring him out. Someone discovers this, fixes it, then gets the Chiefs on the right track.

It's dark, but it could work? Too dark for TDP?

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Good loving god that's way better than anything I could have come up with.

Incredible work.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

the injured reserve cheers comic probably needs an update.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

QUALITY TEAM BONDING

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

lol

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

hahahahahahahaha masterful

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/brandon-marshall-buy-now/

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

If you're looking to finish the alex smith space story a way to do it is "evil" space pat mahomes(or anyone else i dunno) have alex, reid, and maclin trapped in some kind of lair with pods leading out to space and he says something to the effect of "say goodnight, checkdown bitch, this team is now mine" then presses a button and maclin goes flying out instead.

thought that was kind of cute. the joke is pretty much just a ripoff of this simpsons jig https://youtu.be/HN3Hf0dh9ik?t=101

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Jif Extra Crunchy or get the gently caress out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Bananas always, sometimes with Polaner cherry fruit spread.

I take it almost everyone here has seen this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOaGkPXn9LQ

• Locked thread