Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
McDonald's french fries dipped in sweet and sour...yummo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

the mean lunch lady posted:

Frying them in beef tallow was early 90s?!

Sorry, was referring to when they switched over from fried to baked apple pies.

BitterAvatar posted:

This person gets it

:hfive:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Febreeze posted:

I respect and understand college ball, but it just doesn't do anything for me. The level of play is inferior, there are too many teams to keep track of so the stakes are typically unclear, and only a few of the players will be recognizable names, so there just isn't any connection for me to really grab a hold of and enjoy on a regular basis.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts on college football exactly. I did not go to college, so I don't have any rooting interest or affiliation with any team, and the times I have tried to get into college football I will see some guy run for 500 yards in a game or on the flip side throw for 37 yards in a game and it just seems like wasted time.

Granted, I have found myself watching more college ball of late during the playoffs and the level of play is greater there than I have ever seen so it's watchable-ish now, but I much prefer the NFL.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I've never really understood the redzone mentality of football watching. I find sticking with the narrative of a single game much more interesting than a contextless reel of highlight plays

:same:

Plus, they show in game highlights anyways of most games and why do I care if loving Cleveland or Jacksonville is in the red zone? I don't really want to see them stall inside the 10 and kick a FG.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

a neat cape posted:

ONE CITY.

ONE TEAM.

AZTECS BITCH.

I'm pretty excited to see what Kazee does at the next level.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

the secret to enjoying any sport is to pick someone to love and someone to loving hate

But what do you do when the same team occupies both? :ohdear:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Is it a sport or not argument aside, I find NASCAR painfully boring and I can sit down and watch the PGA...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

If it ain't got Cole Trickle, I ain't watching :colbert:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

This was the scariest crash I can ever remember seeing live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI9OMx3xc3g

In my professional opinion, he probably shouldn't have hit the wall

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Speaking of Spelling Bee's, if you have not seen Bad Words do yourself a favor and watch it!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Edit (March 1, 2017): Cloudflare hotlinking blocking broke the poo poo so that's probably it for this web sight. bye!!!

:smith:

Is the wiki dead too? It was good while it lasted...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

I mean Atlanta sports fan in general. Atlanta fans are terrible.

I am of course excluded from that generalization because I'm only a Braves fan and also I'm flawless.

Out of curiosity, how did you come to be a Braves fan but not Falcons? I mean, you made the right choice and I am more wondering how and where I went wrong.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

I grew up in Tampa. My dad was always a really big Braves fan because he was from Ga. that was also when Braves were on TBS and the Rays didn't exist yet. He was never into other sports so as I made friends that were into sports it's was always the local team, Lightning and Bucs specifically. I like the Rays okay but I'm much more of a Braves fan.

Tennessee is self explanatory because I went there.

Gotcha, that is cool.

Also, some internet dude made some pretty bad helmet designs, but there are a couple not terrible entries.

http://dailysnark.com/designer-creates-awesome-concept-helmets-32-nfl-teams/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Yeah some of these are just...I don't know...

Like Buffalo looks like someone hit Ctrl+Z on the design and left off the final part.

v

Yeah, the Bucs one is pretty cool.

• Locked thread