Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Febreeze posted:

Star Trek TMP is a solid 40 minute episode of the original series stretched out to movie length with nothing to fill the space except really slow effect shots that drag on forever.

Into Darkness is the worst Trek movie, like the Browns
Nemesis is the worst film overall, like the 2008 Lions

Actually lets see

Wrath of Khan - great movie that everyone keeps trying to copy with no success - The Patriots
Search for Spock - flawed but solid film with a big self explosion at the end - The Vikings?
Voyage Home - Fun whale movie that's just enjoyable to watch - Panthers, at least the 2015 version
Final Frontier - a good idea that fails in spectacular fashion - Chip Kelly Eagles
Undiscovered Country - Two big forces meet and make a great end - Peyton joining the Broncos
Generations - Garbage - Jaguars
First Contact - pretty good even though everyone is starting to look old - Cardinals
Insurrection - a meh TNG episode as a movie instead - ?

Star Trek 09 - Fun action reboot - Falcons?
Beyond - better than expected! - 2016 Cowboys

You're pretending Nemesis doesn't exist, just as we all should.

It's the Titans, isn't it. Because we did it remember it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Febreeze posted:

One year later, another Raiders/Vikings bandwagon comic

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/the-raiders-bandwagon-passes-by/

also hey Dubious that's you

Ironically I'm actually going to Vegas tomorrow, and if my plane breaks down on the runway (or more appropriately makes it a third of the way before falling out of the sky) your rear end is SO haunted.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Febreeze posted:

I checked the page, doesn't strike me as legit Gus, although a Jags fan pretending to be Gus Bradley and posting Gus Bradley stuff unironically is weird, even twitter parody accounts usually just tell jokes

That's kind of a fascinating gimmick, I wonder if there are other similarly run coach pages? Faux-Tony-Dungee posting his favorite shades of off-white drywall, or a Jim Harbaugh account where every post is insane all caps gibberish, "ARGHBARGLEBLAGHLBA!!!!!!"

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Febreeze posted:

TFF, who do you think would be the best party drinker out of every QB?

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/the-cardiac-cats-strike-again/

I'm torn between Stafford and maybe Roethlisberger

Cutler's probably my guy, but that's because I don't like parties, and sitting around a dark room silently sipping cheap whiskey sounds just my speed. And nobody should party with Roethlisberger, it. . . doesn't end well.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Just get a blown up version of Febreeze's rendition of the bucket pic, easy.

Hell, cosplay as the bucket pic. Sure you'll get hypothermia and possibly die, but it'll be worth it.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Febreeze posted:

https://twitter.com/DrawPlayDave/status/819655285518127104

This Chargers logo is fun and oh god I'm so close to putting the stupid bolt in every logo now help me

It means you're actually putting more thought and effort into whoever actually designed the new logo, so props for that.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

TheChirurgeon posted:

I'm making avatars. Probably like 10 of them. Maybe more. Who wants one?

As usual, don't ask if you don't plan to use it.

Previous round:

I miss having a Vikings avatar, but I'm not sure how you'd fit Mike Zimmer executing TJ Clemmings with a .45 behind a wood shed within the size limit. Then again, the idea of Everson Griffen as a Olde English tabard style griffin, so maybe I'm just weird.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

a patagonian cavy posted:

grumpy eyepatch Zimmer?

Zimmer as Odin is actually fairly appropriate, nice thinking.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Boss dude, nicely done, thanks! Now I just have to think of text. Google brought me a couple ideas:

quote:

But it was Odin who took this injury the hardest in that he had the best idea what great deprivation and loss the death of Teddy would cause the Aesir.

quote:

I am the unknown Will,
The Anger that threatens glory and ruin:
Lord if Storms am I,
In heaven high and caverns deep.
I am the Father of War,
Coach for you, Zimmerman for him,
Wayfarer, Wanderer, beggar, king, numen, genius, strength and ring.

Though I love Douglas Adams, and his has a certain pithy reflection of Minnesota sports fans:

quote:

The man was awake but not glad to be.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

swickles posted:

Cross posting from the chat thread, but since this is the place for creative types:

Trump is supposed to go to his Mar a Lago resort this weekend and there is a protest/march scheduled. Since its in my back yard, I think I will go, but I want a clever sign, maybe football related. Any suggestions? Was thinking of an Alex Smith tiny hands reference, but that seems lazy.

I feel like there is a joke about can't ban Sanu from the endzone, but I can't quite get there.

Is Mike Pence an Elite VP?

Is Steve Bannon an Elite Nazi? also has the same rhythm to it, but I'm not sure it works as well.

Edit: thanks to Bad Moon and Chilichip for the avatar text, worked too well to not use.

Thaddius the Large fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Feb 1, 2017

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Maybe go with "Trump Killed the USFL"

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Thaddius the Large was a old D&D character of mine, a fairly incompetent obese middle aged paladin, because I'm a giant loving nerd.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

swickles posted:

Enjoy those 6 years.

You joke, but that's when their jab is balls-level.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I'd put Philip Rivers in a headlock, because he'd probably get a kick out of it and be a blast to roughhouse with, like an overgrown 8 year old.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I like to think in 10 years, Febreeze will have a whole beach series of quarterbacks looking ridiculous while by the ocean. Brady getting washed off a boogieboard, Osweiler riding one of those inflatable bananas, Stafford wrestling with a marlin and losing, etc.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Looking forward to all 32 MSPainted stick figures!

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

whypick1 posted:

31 Toaster Beef people and 1 Jeff George for good measure.

Finally, a pick nobody could boo!

Ah, who am I kidding, Jets fans, do your thing.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Eh, I can see it not being to someone's taste, there are people who hate massively popular things like Star Wars or whatever, I don't necessarily agree but it doesn't mean they have horrid taste. My parents are pretty rad, awesome people who even caucused for Sanders, but I don't think they'd make it through 15 minutes of Chapo.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Febreeze posted:

Coconut is trash

Guess who showed up for a cameo
http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/better-choice-alex-smith/

That Sex Cannon poster is EVERYTHING

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

It's the Internet, I'm just relieved your finger is the only thing pictured sticking through there.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Chilichimp posted:

If Chiefs in space doesn't end with event horizon nightmare I'll be sad

"With our offense, you won't need eyes!"

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Is it that he posts in the nude at all times? Because that's the way I picture all of TFF

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I like the implication that Ehud knew something would gently caress up and was just sitting with bleach in anticipation

. . . Are you not?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Chichevache posted:

Steelers fan, brah.

All the more reason to only drink from your own supply

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

whypick1 posted:

I refuse to believe that's real because that means someone on the internet actually gave proper credit to the original artist.

Rovell respects Dave's brand, not Dave as an artist.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
The Human Manningpede, one forehead stitched onto another

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

This is like when I found out there is another Mel mudkiper on twitter

I had a fun time realizing the handle I used on twitter for 3 years was also the name of a brony shipper on YouTube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Hell, I admire arena football guy's dedication to his gimmick, I can't imagine caring enough about the AFL to pull it off, even as a joke/being ironic/genuine insanity.

• Locked thread