Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Smash it Smash hit posted:

or maybe self driving cars you loving nerd

no that's the future filled with faggots, I prefer the summary execution one, it will cut down on other social ills too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

my loving friend snapchats while she drives every drat day at 5 in the morning. i'm surprised she hasn't wrecked her car yet.

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer
People who text and drive are literally worse than hitler.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
But if they could just talk and drive like they used to be able to they wouldn't be forced to text and drive to comply with the law, and government wouldn't have to make ads against texting and driving to limit their liability with the no talking on phones in cars made before 2004 laws, which unfairly targets poor people and classic car enthusiasts.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
my coworker watches netflix while driving, which is why no one wants to carpool with him.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Edgar posted:

my coworker watches netflix while driving, which is why no one wants to carpool with him.

How does someone convince themselves this is a good idea?

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Hector Beerlioz posted:

How does someone convince themselves this is a good idea?

It's pretty boss....sync up the audio w your car's bluetooth and you are G2G :coolfish:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
If coolfish approves of this I'm on board.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Edgar posted:

You can get old radio shows instead. Some of them are pretty good.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
I was sitting in the back of a cop car on the interstate and the cop was texting. I looked out the window in disgust and the asian man in the large SUV one lane over was also texting.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

a dog from hell posted:

I was sitting in the back of a cop car on the interstate and the cop was texting. I looked out the window in disgust and the asian man in the large SUV one lane over was also texting.
why were you in the back of a cop car?

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

symbolic posted:

why were you in the back of a cop car?

For beating women.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

a dog from hell posted:

For beating women.
cool

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

But if they could just talk and drive like they used to be able to they wouldn't be forced to text and drive to comply with the law, and government wouldn't have to make ads against texting and driving to limit their liability with the no talking on phones in cars made before 2004 laws, which unfairly targets poor people and classic car enthusiasts.
Talking on the phone while driving also causes accidents.

Incidentally the hands free stuff is just as dangerous, it's the distraction not the mere act of holding something against your ear.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
only when i drink, op

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I only text while riding my bicycle

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
I text on the highway. It makes me feel like a pilot. In fact, i am doing it right now.

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer

No. 6 posted:

I only text while riding my bicycle

How many DUIs?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'm usually guilty of DWPIGBS (Driving While Posting In GBS).
Relevant image:

johnny sack
Jan 30, 2004

One day, this team will play to their expectations...

Just not this year..

There is little that pisses me off more than when my kids are playing in the front yard and I see drivers zooming down our completely residential, buried in a neighborhood street, texting while driving. If, even though they have been told every day not to go into the street, my kids suddenly went into the street to chase a ball or whatever, that rear end in a top hat who was too busy looking at his/her phone would kill them.

Nobody is so loving important that they can't wait to touch their phone until they arrive at their destination. Or, if it's some sort of emergency, a loving red light. Put the loving phone down, you're not 'good' at texting while driving, everyone around you sees you doing it, you aren't sneakily texting while driving because you hold the phone below the level of your window. Grow up and stop being a child.

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer

johnny sack posted:

There is little that pisses me off more than when my kids are playing in the front yard and I see drivers zooming down our completely residential, buried in a neighborhood street, texting while driving. If, even though they have been told every day not to go into the street, my kids suddenly went into the street to chase a ball or whatever, that rear end in a top hat who was too busy looking at his/her phone would kill them.

Nobody is so loving important that they can't wait to touch their phone until they arrive at their destination. Or, if it's some sort of emergency, a loving red light. Put the loving phone down, you're not 'good' at texting while driving, everyone around you sees you doing it, you aren't sneakily texting while driving because you hold the phone below the level of your window. Grow up and stop being a child.

I hate distracted drivers too man but you need to rub one out.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

huns posted:

I text while driving because I am a stupid gay baby. I cannot wait another 15 minutes to interact with my attention-surrogate machine because I am a thoroughly defective human being. I can't fathom why it is that anyone thinks it's a problem. I mean, I'm just driving around in a 3,000 pound battering ram with 80 pounds of explosive liquid on board. Part of me realizes that texting while driving is idiotic, yet the idea of "being told what to do" disgusts me. Therefore, I have to prove to the world (and myself, although I can't admit that part to myself) what an extraordinary human being I am. I'm going to take my attention off my rolling bomb and update my friend on something so incredibly trivial that no one in his or her right mind would put themselves or others in danger in order to communicate it in the most optically distracting way possible. You see, I literally can't perceive that it's dangerous to do that. I am such a self-absorbed twat that I find it totally cool to deprive myself and everyone around me of what little safety margin we have on the road because I can't stand not getting instant satisfaction from my shiny object. This is the decision I make every single time I get on the road.

In short, gently caress you. I'm an American, goddamnit. An American.

best post ever

MisterFister
Jul 6, 2003

Sticking it to THE MAN, assuming THE MAN is an innocent casual dining restaurant.
My ex did, and just about everything else you do on the phone as she drove like the goddamn twisted metal clown down the road. It scares the poo poo out of me to think of how many others are out there doing the same thing. OMG my friend just sent me this hilarious video I have to watch it no- boom I'm dead.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
i can play/pause and skip tracks on my phone without turning the screen on. switching playlists or albums is for red lights only. literally everything else can wait. gently caress everyone going 5 under so they can text, it's obvious as gently caress and i hope they all die together some day.

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
if your legs work and you drive a car, you're probably fat

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer

Fansy posted:

if your legs work and you drive a car, you're probably fat

Welcome to America.

johnny sack
Jan 30, 2004

One day, this team will play to their expectations...

Just not this year..

Meiers Goldbrick posted:

I hate distracted drivers too man but you need to rub one out.

I found that I became much less accepting of people texting and driving after I had kids. Before that, it didn't really bother me so much nor did I pay attention to it as much. Also for the past 2 years, my commute to/from work has unfortunately been 50 miles round-trip, giving me plenty of time to observe people texting while driving.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

johnny sack posted:

I found that I became much less accepting of people texting and driving after I had kids. Before that, it didn't really bother me so much nor did I pay attention to it as much. Also for the past 2 years, my commute to/from work has unfortunately been 50 miles round-trip, giving me plenty of time to observe people texting while driving.

They're all hopelessly retarded, and technology has only made it worse. Maybe some time soon Google will actually release a functional self driving car and remove the most dangerous part about driving.

star trek
Apr 7, 2009

Mooktastical posted:

They're all hopelessly retarded, and technology has only made it worse. Maybe some time soon Google will actually release a functional self driving car and remove the most dangerous part about driving.

but what about when the cars all get taken over by skynet and murder us all

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer

johnny sack posted:

I was involved with a hit and run. I was on my bicycle, the other person was in a minivan. I can only assume they didnt see a bright neon green mass on the right side of the road. I still ride a lot and gently remind most drivers to put that poo poo away.

I once rode alongside a mom texting and I assume her two boys in a convertible. I yelled to her "You have to kids in the car for Christ's sake!" No retort, just when I saw her again, no phone in sight.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

johnny sack posted:

Grow up and stop being a child.

This is america man, think about who you are talking to. people spend their whole lives making sure they never do this.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

star trek posted:

but what about when the cars all get taken over by skynet and murder us all

we had a good run

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Some gawky teenager was on his phone and just about plowed into my work vehicle, with someone from corporate in my passenger seat. When we got to the red light, we both were motioning to him and yelling. He looks over and casually gets back to looking at his phone as the light turned green. Fucker.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
:lol: if your texts are not important enough to send now.

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world
I DWS (Drive While Sexting)

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

johnny sack posted:

If my kids suddenly went into the street to chase a ball or whatever, that rear end in a top hat who was too busy looking at his/her phone would kill them.

this would be your kid's fault, or possibly yours for being a negligent parent hth

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
absoluitely not, poo poo is dangerous as gently caress

was watching a texting driver going 60mph last night, he was swerving in and out of his lane constantly, just like he was drunk

in fact i thought he was drunk until i finally decided to pass him and saw the glow of his phone

if you're a dickhead who texts while driving, please, please don't. this is an earnest appeal.

also watch herzog's PSA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BqFkRwdFZ0

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world

nomadologique posted:

absoluitely not, poo poo is dangerous as gently caress

was watching a texting driver going 60mph last night, he was swerving in and out of his lane constantly, just like he was drunk

in fact i thought he was drunk until i finally decided to pass him and saw the glow of his phone

if you're a dickhead who texts while driving, please, please don't. this is an earnest appeal.

also watch herzog's PSA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BqFkRwdFZ0

I feel bad for my bad post. What a hosed up world we live in :(

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Remember when we used to get angry at people just talking on telephones? That seems trivial to this bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.

DeadBlack posted:

I DWS (Drive While Sexting)

i also do this

• Locked thread