Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The current AppleTV OS is already derived from iOS, so that's not much of a prediction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I hope Siri was replaced by Watson.

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

You mean Sherlock obv

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
According to Twitter Apple redid the typography of all the signs in the center they are holding the event in. Apple is just so adorable.

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

Kenderama: Please take this as intended (internet fun and games, not trying to call you out), but I think you'll be wrong on quite a few points:

Kenderama posted:

OS X 10.11 Launch Date - Likelihood: 100%
Tim will disclose this and maybe give 5 minutes to this.
I think the closest we'll get to a release date is "later this year"/"fall" which we knew already.

Kenderama posted:

New iPhones - Likelihood: 100%
I'm not quite entirely sure what will make these stand out - a processor bump, low-end being 32gig or 64gig storage, or maybe the lack of a physical touch-ID button.
I don't think we'll get a storage bump or the non-physical button; Apple were quite defiant about moving data to the cloud meaning 16gigs was enough last year, and this year they've made pushes towards reducing app size, so I can't see them stepping up the low end. As for the button, I can't believe we'll see any hardware changes these days without them leaking months in advance.

Kenderama posted:

I do not expect a new iPhone '6c' though.
I don't disagree, but this is the only place I hope I'm wrong. I've used iPhones for years and my day job is an iOS developer, but this is about the only thing that will stop me jumping ship to an Xperia Compact. I'm still using an iPhone 5 and really don't like the 6 size/design.

Kenderama posted:

I think we'll see launch dates as "Available to Order on September 25th"
I'm pretty sure history suggests availability the Friday after the announcement, i.e. Sept 18th.

.. Let's see who's right! :)

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Froist posted:

The "force touch" on the phones will just be varying levels of pressure resulting in different actions, not haptic feedback from the display.

(I own the MacBook and it is really cool there, but I'd be amazed if that's what we get on the phones. It hasn't been rumoured in that regard anywhere.)

NYT posted:

So, theoretically on an iPhone, you’ll be able to get to different software features depending on how hard you press down on the screen. Then with haptic feedback you will “feel” a physical response to touching those virtual buttons.

The NYT is suggesting that haptic feedback will be there "theoretically." We will see in a half hour.

http://www.nytimes.com/live/apple-event/

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
El Capitan may be released concurrently, as the betas have been coming out quicker than they did for Yosemite. Especially with more features being reliant on having El Cap and iOS 9.

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

Stream's gone live. The earlier VLC-compatible links don't seem to be working.
Here's a 960x540 link: http://appleliveevents-i.akamaihd.net/hls/live/222436/1509pijnedfvopihbefvpijlkjb/master/2500/2500.m3u8

Can't seem to find a 720p one currently (I assume the HLS stream is 720p)

e: here's the 720p streams
http://appleliveevents-i.akamaihd.net/hls/live/222436/1509pijnedfvopihbefvpijlkjb/master/4500/4500.m3u8
http://appleliveevents-i.akamaihd.net/hls/live/222436-b/1509pijnedfvopihbefvpijlkjb/master/4500/4500.m3u8

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
Everyone get in the music is bumpin

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
If it wasn't 1:00PM I would do an Apple Event drinking game.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Hello I am here to watch the the AppleTVTVTV be launched.

The last apple live stream I watched was a hilarious highschool AV-club hour long technical folly. I hope a few of those people kept their jobs to bumble through this one. It was kind of fun how low rent it was for a $600 billion dollar company.

dutchbstrd
Apr 28, 2004
Think for Yourself, Question Authority.

Logikv9 posted:

It's 10am for me and I am down for a drinking game.

I may have a problem, though.

just_a_guy
Feb 18, 2010

Look into my eyes!

Logikv9 posted:

Its 6 Pm in Europe :) there will be 365 slides judging from one of the monitors they filmed

E. The only thing I have is a bottle of cognac. This might get dangerous

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

I'm hoping they show a videogame utilizing force touch today, which will really highlight it's uses.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

dutchbstrd posted:

It's 10am for me and I am down for a drinking game.

I may have a problem, though.

One mans problem is another mans solution.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Cue everyone talking about how stupid it is to have a large tablet, or how the new Apple TV doesn't do anything that their Roku doesn't already do, and that no one wants to play iOS games on a TV anyway.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
It begins with Timmy C

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Middle aged white men: the movie

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Watching the stream. At least so far, no major glitches like last year

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
drat, MUCH higher production value on this livestream than in the past. It's like they're a multi-billion dollar company or something!

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Hopefully every dress shirt is tucked in this year. Last year it looked like a freshman highschool dance up there.

SB35
Jul 6, 2007
Move along folks, nothing to see here.
Let's get this show on the road!

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

No time for updates.

:allears:

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
A story has already leaked out that an official launch channel exclusive to apple is a fashion channel.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Employees? I was wondering where all of the unaccompanied Chinese minors came from

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Apple Watch: Not just a punchline anymore!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

TyrantWD posted:

Cue everyone talking about how stupid it is to have a large tablet

I simultaneously think it's dumb but need one.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
Here's to hoping there's no weird U2 type thing at the end.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I can't find my remote to turn off subtitles. Life is hell

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
So far it's looking really good for Kenderama.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Why did Apple take a picture of a man in a taxi using his iwatch? How weird!

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

Dennis H., you fat gently caress!

just_a_guy
Feb 18, 2010

Look into my eyes!
I like how Tim just skips the earnings and sales crap

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

shadow puppet of a posted:

Hopefully every dress shirt is tucked in this year. Last year it looked like a freshman highschool dance up there.

Dreamsmashed already

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
Dennis lost 30 lbs because he couldn't afford food after buying the watch .. admit it dennis.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

just_a_guy posted:

Thank loving god.

However, there will always still be a bathroom break portion of the keynote.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

just_a_guy posted:

Any sources on how its really doing?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
They won't skip it for the iPhone, though. Because those results are impressive, unlike the Watch.

Shin-chan
Aug 1, 2008

To be a man you must have honor...
...honor and a penis!

mAlfunkti0n posted:

Dennis lost 30 lbs because he couldn't afford food after buying the watch .. admit it dennis.

He had to lose 30lbs because he couldn't get the band on his wrist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Why is the name of a feature called "complications"?

• Locked thread