Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

The cool part about the apple lease, as opposed to a carrier lease is you can do an installment plan and take it to like a low cost carrier like Cricket. Or if you move to a place where your carriers coverage sucks you can change carriers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

GobiasIndustries posted:

Is that right? So if I switch from Verizon to AT&T for example, 6 months into the 24-month plan, can I just take the phone in, swap it for a new carrier phone with the same storage and carry on as normal? It's cheaper for me to be a part of my family's plan at the moment but if they decide to switch providers I'm kind of at their mercy.

I'd assume that's what it would be you're leasing the phone from Apple not a carrier and they said in the presentation the phones gonna be unlocked. You wouldn't be getting a new phone you'd be swapping the sim card.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Three Olives posted:

You aren't leasing, you are taking a 24 month personal loan from Citizen Bank. I'd actually be kind of curious as to how strict they are going to be as far as credit, the carriers are a little more forgiving seeing as they have a locked phone that they can blacklist and hold your phone number hostage on, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that even though the phones are unlocked that Apple will activation lock out phones that people stop making payments on.

I'm sure they are, they'd probably also blacklist the IMEI from all carriers

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Three Olives posted:

On the same note I'm wondering how carriers will respond to this. If people are free to bounce between carriers at will it could result in much more favorable rates to carrier financing just for the lock in.

I wonder if we will see say Samsung offering very favorable discounts to carriers should they say way, way undercut Apple on 18 month finance contracts with 12 month upgrades.

I looked and there's some clarification it will let you jump between carriers just between the big 4 Verizon AT&T T-MO and Sprint apparently so its gonna be good just not as good.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

In probably doesn't matter but nonetheless irritating news
The 6S battery isn't bigger then the 6 its smaller.

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/09/09/iphone-6s-1715mah-battery/

• Locked thread