Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
iPhone launch during pope gate on he east coast. Mass chaos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So iPad options seem to be either:

Latest iPad: get iPad Air 2 or iPad Mini 4.

Get old iPad for cheap: iPad mini 2.

You would pay $131 more for a Mini 4 and $231 more for an Air 2. If you need the screen size obviously do the Air 2, but Mini 2 vs 4, is $131 worth it for faster processor and Touch ID?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Vintimus Prime posted:

Anyone here getting any of the new products shown?

I'm more than likely getting the new Apple TV and the 6s+

I'll consider the Apple TV, but I don't know if I can justify an upgrade for games and voice search. If I did buy it I would def get the 32GB model, I stream everything.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

smackfu posted:

It's a $650 16 GB iPhone 6S for $32.41 a month. After 24 months you will pay $777.84.

AT&T will sell you the same exact phone for $32.50 and it will be paid off after 18 months, for a total of $650.

That's the part that doesn't make sense to me.

Apple is forcing Apple care into the purchase.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

MrDoDo posted:

Does anyone know what will happen to carrier discounts with this new upgrade program? Currently I get $25 off my line on ATT because I am on Next. If I switch from Next to this new program its unclear to me if the discount is specifically tied to Next or it just bring your own device. The new upgrade program is much more appealing with an unlocked phone for traveling.

The $25 off is not tied to the phone installment, it's tied to being non contract. So you'll retain it since it isn't a subsidized phone from ATT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

cstine posted:

Verizon has already dropped the two year contract option for new customers. You can only get one if you're already a customer on a contract now.

It's actually still there (at least in store), but it's both very much not advertised, and on the new plans paying for the phone no contract is a better option anyway.

• Locked thread